Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Who’s everyone’s choice for Zuras’s murderer?
    Why is he even dead? Usually a major dispersion of bodily molecules is required to kill an eternal .....all I saw was a crushed skull.....another option would be something able to break their control over their atomic form
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Why is he even dead? Usually a major dispersion of bodily molecules is required to kill an eternal .....all I saw was a crushed skull.....another option would be something able to break their control over their atomic form
    I’m sure we’ll get an answer from Gillen, and it won’t be some lazy slap on. He really knows his stuff.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I’m sure we’ll get an answer from Gillen, and it won’t be some lazy slap on. He really knows his stuff.
    He sure seems to have a lot carefully planned out
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Who’s everyone’s choice for Zuras’s murderer?
    Gilgamesh or one of the new Eternals he's making.

I feel like he did to make death a more pressing issue for them along with the machine being messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I feel like he did to make death a more pressing issue for them along with the machine being messed up.
    It was probably Agatha all along

Extraordinary Member

I think MCU will start with Zuras death as well.

He sure seems to have a lot carefully planned out
    Idk if anyone else feels this way, but reading these two issues feels a lot like Hickman’s Ultimates, mixed with his Avengers.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think MCU will start with Zuras death as well.
    Yep I expect as much
    I was a fan of the eternal for most of my life, I even own their original series, I’m pretty sure the movie is gonna change a lot of the stuff established in the early issues that I really like, the comics have been doing just that lately starting with neil gaiman’s version, I guess change is inevitable especially for such obscure corner of the marvel universe so I resolved to just accept it.

I hope Gillen finds a purpose for the Eternals that will draw other writers to begin using them more often. They could even have an event based around them titled Deviation.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

considering how they died in Avengers run, I'm not surprised.

not feeling this run tbh.

Astonishing Member

At a guess, someone realised whatever file-save of Thanos was stored in the exclusion to kill Zuras (he doesn’t seem to have thought Ikaris went down too easy, so he’s probably mighty enough (and Zuras appears to have wounded him in the process) and/or the keepers of the machine as a distraction

After all, with the machine disrupted and Thanos loose, whose going to notice if another Excluded is free?

Ultimate Member

I hope Gillen finds a purpose for the Eternals that will draw other writers to begin using them more often. They could even have an event based around them titled Deviation.
    I had fanwanked some time ago that the Eternals were the actual end-goal of the Celestial tinkering ages ago, and that their ability to fuse into a Uni-Mind was the keystone to it. Every so many millenia the Celestials would swing by again to check if soup is ready, or the batch has gotten tainted and needs to be thrown out. When they deem it 'done,' the Eternals will fuse into their final Uni-Mind and assume their final form, as a newborn Celestial (since Celestial's don't do the 'mommy and daddy love each other very much' thing). Generally the planet that has gestated them dies in the process, but gotta break some eggs and all that.

The big drama would be Earth's Eternals refusing to ascend, knowing that to do so would be the death-sentence to all the other people on Earth, and, for their part, the Celestials accept this choice, because they don't *want* Celestials that don't want to be Celestials in their group.

And so the Eternals would have to find their way in a world that they've been groomed to grow beyond, with that destiny no longer hanging over their heads, wondering where to go now, with their endless future wide open and up to them to discover...

Extraordinary Member

Well we saw most of the Eternals previous death in the pages of Avengers. We saw their bodies there.

I had a story in mind that the Deviants were really the children of the first Eternals, and because of their deformed features were cast out like the monstrous titans of myth, and one of their subterranean settlements would be called Tartarus.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: