Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's weird. Why isn't Jolie on the cover / get a page?
    for whatever reason, I guess a licensing deal for "that" product couldn't be struck. is she an action figure? I could see Ms. Jolie being "quirky/particular" enough where she'd agree to do the film but say no to much of the spinoff merchandise for "artistic purity" reasons (or however that goes with some folks).

I'm glad that seemingly the major aspects of the plot were not spoiled. you don't see some obvious action sequence being spoiled like they do in the Fast & Furious movies.

I do hope that this movie has a different sort of climax, where it's not about "let's blow this entire thing apart" or combat to the death. Perhaps an elaborate problem to be solved another way.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-24-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My body is so ready for this.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Now I start to understand why they were saying Eternals is so different from everything Marvel has done. It really has that epic, mythologic, almost biblical feel to it if this teaser is anything to go by. And of course, it's visually stunning too.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Not to knock on Gemma Chan's acting, and maybe I'm being unfair because those are very quick shots, but Sersi looks like she's more put off than attracted to Ikaris in every single one of those scenes, LMAO. Unless that is the point, and her true love will end up being Dane, the human, causing conflict among the Eternals, who think she should be with Ikaris even though that's not what her heart truly wants? I could see that kind of cliche happening.

Either way, I'm still upset that they erased Sersi/Makkari for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Now I start to understand why they were saying Eternals is so different from everything Marvel has done. It really has that epic, mythologic, almost biblical feel to it if this teaser is anything to go by. And of course, it's visually stunning too.

Not to knock on Gemma Chan's acting, and maybe I'm being unfair because those are very quick shots, but Sersi looks like she's more put off than attracted to Ikaris in every single one of those scenes, LMAO. Unless that is the point, and her true love will end up being Dane, the human, causing conflict among the Eternals, who think she should be with Ikaris even though that's not what her heart truly wants? I could see that kind of cliche happening.
    I'm thinking that it has to be intentional. I'm more curious as to how they'll explore her unhappiness in such a long marriage while staying within relatively light Marvel territory.

Extraordinary Member

ETERNALS OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER (2021) BREAKDOWN! AVENGERS REFERENCE EXPLAINED - REACTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm glad that seemingly the major aspects of the plot were not spoiled. you don't see some obvious action sequence being spoiled like they do in the Fast & Furious movies.

I do hope that this movie has a different sort of climax, where it's not about "let's blow this entire thing apart" or combat to the death. Perhaps an elaborate problem to be solved another way.
    You are probably speaking to early the next trailer will probably show off the action.

Also I doubt we don't get the final showdown I mean both Wandavision and FaTS both ended with big action set pieces even though they were more suited to quiet style endings. They still have to please all audiences so things are going to explode I mean people are losing their minds from the trailer being so slow.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-25-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Was there a toy release of Oblivion that I missed?

Who do you think we’ll get for the antagonist for the second storyline? Personally, I want either Maelstrom or the Gatherers. OOOHHHHH!!!! What about Thane Ector and the Brethren!!!!!!
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 05-26-2021 at 01:37 AM.

Mmmm. This idea sounds lame. Marvel should just say Thanos took them out first, putting them in an endless time loop to keep them from interfering with his plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Either way, I'm still upset that they erased Sersi/Makkari for this.
    My theory is that in the third shot, they are in the current era (judging by the clothes) and they reencounter again, while Ikkaris is happy to see Sersi again, she probably moved on and is already with Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I love the “flat earth” piece of tech materializing above them.