Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-eternals-...serisi-powers/
    Good grief. This is like anti-hype and makes me want to see the movie *less,* and the writer clearly knows nothing about Sersi. (Telepathy? *All* Eternals have telepathy. She's got the basic proficiency with it, but it was never her 'thing.' Transmutation was her thing. She was the best in 10,000 years at transmutation, of her entire race! Telepathy was the specialty of schmoes like Cybele or Khorophys or whatever, that nobody cares about.)

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sure hope so
    It’s in the trailer… at 53 seconds or so. Water starts to come. I assume there’s more to all of their powers than just what’s in comics. I’m sure the empathy stuff is pushed more onto her but I assume there’s more to her than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Good grief. This is like anti-hype and makes me want to see the movie *less,* and the writer clearly knows nothing about Sersi. (Telepathy? *All* Eternals have telepathy. She's got the basic proficiency with it, but it was never her 'thing.' Transmutation was her thing. She was the best in 10,000 years at transmutation, of her entire race! Telepathy was the specialty of schmoes like Cybele or Khorophys or whatever, that nobody cares about.)

Ugh.
    will Sersi (and Eternals in general) even be immortal at this point

I doubt she'll be a hedonist but I hope she's still sassy.

I align with Daedra more or less. The big shocking revelation that the Eternals are immortal vampires left a bad taste in my mouth. There is nothing heroic or god like about them. They are a parasite. And obviously this is so immoral that they can only function if this fact is wiped from their mind. So where doe we go from here? They continue to be oblivious to the evil that keeps them alive, or become completely compromised an continue, knowing they are dependent on human sacrifice. I wonder if Gillen thought past this big reveal?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I’d say the Skeksis are probably a better example than Vampires

ETERNALS #7
    Kieron Gillen (Writer) • Esad Ribić (Artist/Cover)
    Variant cover by Peach Momoko
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale 11/3
    NEW ARC! NEW JUMPING-ON POINT! MORE THANOS!
    The Eternals have learned the truth of their existence. Their society is in shambles. Who can lead them? Who is the visionary that can lead them from the ashes? And how did they take the throne? Hail Thanos the Mad Titan, Eternal Prime.

Welcome to a new day. Welcome to hell.

AIPT: November marks a new story arc for Eternals, and judging by the solicit there’s a new ruler in town (funny that, since November is election time in America), can you talk a little bit about what you have in store?

KG: Well, let’s just say democracy continues to have a difficult time of it.

There’s lots in the arc, but as well as the deviants side of things, having a look at the political dealing of the Eternals is a big part. Druig is someone who’s been doing this for a million years, and he’s using ever part of his sleazy skills to help Thanos.

Oh – and huge action. Issue 9 has the biggest battle we’ve shown so far. I figured I hadn’t given Esad a chance to draw a city being smashed yet, and this felt like a huge oversight.

And the back half? Oh my. Things escalate. Guest stars. Broken hearts. Trust shattered. Beating up gods. All the good, bad stuff.

Astonishing Member

I feel this would have more impact if we could actually see Zuras and the other Eternals leaders at work rather than being reduced to bloody smears off page

Disappointed Zuras hasn't gotten much use. He was dead for so long, nerfd when he came back and dead first thing in this run.

#Eternals' next trailer will reportedly be released this Thursday

If they're smart they'll do the theater/premium D+ release like with Black Widow (minus whatever caused Scarlett to sue them for it) since it's been so successful even with the Delta variant stopping people from wanting to go to the theater.