Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Just watched this. So basically Phastos is just there for comedy relief and token representation? I didn't see him in any of the cool fight scenes. Wait, let me guess: He's a pacifist/ conscientious objector in this movie, right, or something like that? Safe to say most of the cool battle scenes will be sans Phastos???

Said it before and I'll say it again: Titanis should have been the Eternal that they used for the movie, not Phastos, even if it meant subsuming his technological genius into her character.
    He seems like their tech/gadget guy, although I'm not sure how much action he'll actually see.

I won’t spoil anything but everything shown in this trailer lined up perfectly with that alleged plot summary leak.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Just watched this. So basically Phastos is just there for comedy relief and token representation? I didn't see him in any of the cool fight scenes. Wait, let me guess: He's a pacifist/ conscientious objector in this movie, right, or something like that? Safe to say most of the cool battle scenes will be sans Phastos???

Said it before and I'll say it again: Titanis should have been the Eternal that they used for the movie, not Phastos, even if it meant subsuming his technological genius into her character.
    That's a lot of speculation for a 2 minute trailer.

Extraordinary Member

Just some thoughts on the new trailer.

If the first trailer was overtly artsy, this trailer seems way more Marvel-y than the last one. This is not a complaint, just an observation.

I'm getting the impression that Dane Whitman is only in this movie to have stuff explained to him and the audience.

I know it's not 1985 anymore, but superhero movies may have to dial back the CGI on their villains. They are all beginning to look same-y to me.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-19-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    That's a lot of speculation for a 2 minute trailer.
    You missed the question marks. Speculations are assertions, which I clearly never made.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

So all those who feared Sersi would not have transmutation can be at peace now. I wonder if the writer's comment about Sersi being an empath was just misinterpreted, maybe they were describing her personality, not her superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm getting the impression that Dane Whitman is only in this movie to have stuff explained to him and the audience.
    Well, that and set up him suiting up as the modern-day Black Knight, if not in this movie. I don't think they'd cast Kit Harrington just to play an audience surrogate or love interest.

Although I feel like Sersi will end up going back to Ikaris instead of him by the end of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So all those who feared Sersi would not have transmutation can be at peace now. I wonder if the writer's comment about Sersi being an empath was just misinterpreted, maybe they were describing her personality, not her superpowers.
    Yeah, I think I saw sersi turning a bus into flower’s petals, I’m more optimistic now.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

ofc she would...

Fan poster

Last edited by juan678; 08-21-2021 at 12:57 PM.