Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Loved the first issue... apart from Thanos. I suppose he has to be mentioned but I'm honestly tired of him.
    The parallels to current X-Men are striking, though I suppose that should be the other way around. I guess the mutants are just following the Eternals' lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Zuras sits like a bored teenager.
    Looks more like he's projecting that Big D Energy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Loved the first issue... apart from Thanos. I suppose he has to be mentioned but I'm honestly tired of him.
    The parallels to current X-Men are striking, though I suppose that should be the other way around. I guess the mutants are just following the Eternals' lead.
    That's because the same guys from the same company at the same time created inhumans, eternals, and mutants. The inhumans were based on You can find parallels to Wakanda and Asgard to an extent as well. The inhumans were based off the Celestials' experiments too.

Er... I meant the resurrections, the teleportation network, the multiple bases/habitats, the 'living' technology...
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Other than the resurrection machine I think the rest are new. Teleporting was always exhausting for the Eternals so making a hub for easy teleportation makes sense. Speaking of similarities, I didn't expect an actual list of the 100 Eternals. It sets things in stone much like the Omega list Hickman did.

Extraordinary Member

The Eternals Pixie, Vampiro and Upnapishtim are missing from the list. Though I think Pixie may be a member of the classified Hex.
    Upnapishtim may be Hippocratis. And Vampiro may be on the list with his real name.

Either way, with Thanos as an antagonist, Gillen will explain how the Eternals of Uranus and Titan fit in to all of this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Either way, with Thanos as an antagonist, Gillen will explain how the Eternals of Uranus and Titan fit in to all of this.
    He'll have to, since Uranos and Kronos were original Eternals and the parents of Zuras and A-Lars. By my count, that's 103 Eternals.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    He'll have to, since Uranos and Kronos were original Eternals and the parents of Zuras and A-Lars. By my count, that's 103 Eternals.
    I believe Uranos, A-Lars, and Kronos are the “U”, “A” and “K” under the Exclusion. Sprite is obviously “Sp”

Maybe Sui-San, Eros and Thanos are the “S”, “E” and “T”

Or they may reveal Sui-San was never a real Eternal, and it’s possible for “half breeds” to be born but not considered Eternals, like Thena’s twins with Kro and her kid with a human.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 01-06-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Gillen's a very talented writer. I know he's got all this figured out, and I hope to stay around for the ride.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Er... I meant the resurrections, the teleportation network, the multiple bases/habitats, the 'living' technology...
    Yeah. I think the mutants were destined to be like the inhumans/eternals with making their own self governing territory to separate from humanity, and create advancements in technology instead of waiting for humans to accept them. Not having to worry about destruction at the hands of another gives time to advance as a people. Resurrections are a part of comics in general, especially in X-Men comics, where it's practically a cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Eternals Pixie, Vampiro and Upnapishtim are missing from the list. Though I think Pixie may be a member of the classified Hex.
    Upnapishtim may be Hippocratis. And Vampiro may be on the list with his real name.
    Glad to see it wasn't my imagination.

Issue 1 was interesting. Maybe in issue 2 we'll see other Eternals like Sersi and Kingo.

Sprite's reason for her change of gender will probably serve to justify Makkari's too.

Incredible Member

Super annoyed they changed a characters gender on a whim like that, the bromance between Makkari and Icarus was probably my favorite thing about the Gaiman mini.

Eternals 2006 profile

Powers: Big D energy projection.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Loved the first issue. I've only ever read Gaiman's mini and that was when I was like 12, so I don't have the biggest knowledge of the characters but I think this new series will be a perfect reintroduction.
    I love how Gillen is building their place in the MU and differentiating them from gods and other cosmic beings.