Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

So a good read 7/10

spoilers:
    I will start with its biggest flaw, this doesn't explain how we get Chaos Black Bolt. It might not even be Black Bolt, and while this could drive him to become this it does not show unlike Ironman(best one so far), and Blade(it was ok). Still as a Black Bolt (Inhuman overall) it was good. Had something like this when the Inhumans were discovered by humans and the Avengers had to see them. So final thoughts is this is a good story, and works well as an Inhuman/Black Bolt one but fails to act as a Darkhold tie-in.
    end of spoilers

It had an interesting and fresh premise, at least (though how they executed it was really awkward - is Black Bolt's power that easy to copy? Why does Maximus need technology to mess with memories, did everyone forget that his power is literally mind stuff? The art style was very old-timey (loved the coloring!), I can definitely sense a theme of 'going back to the roots' which is exactly what they should be doing.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    spoilers:
    I will start with its biggest flaw, this doesn't explain how we get Chaos Black Bolt. It might not even be Black Bolt, and while this could drive him to become this it does not show unlike Ironman(best one so far), and Blade(it was ok). Still as a Black Bolt (Inhuman overall) it was good. Had something like this when the Inhumans were discovered by humans and the Avengers had to see them. So final thoughts is this is a good story, and works well as an Inhuman/Black Bolt one but fails to act as a Darkhold tie-in.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It seems that the lack of explanation is something common in this series so far. I'll be expecting something about it from Omega.
    but for now, considering the straitjacket, I'll bet the confusion of personalities has driven him crazy.

Extra notes: Did they change Maximus' metallic arms for legs?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    is Black Bolt's power that easy to copy? Why does Maximus need technology to mess with memories, did everyone forget that his power is literally mind stuff?
    Maximus has already made robots/machines with artillery based on his powers, so I don't really doubt it's part of it, I just found it weird how spoilers:
    Telegar said "but using the Terrigen Mist I can give you the voice" meaning they still have control over it's effects?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Right the Echo tech recreates his voice spoilers:
    But not his voice
    end of spoilers

Still spoilers:
    The Ironman we got a beginning, middle, and end with an explanation. Blade was more just seeing what he was doing. Did Wasp come out it shows it did but can't find it?Black Bolt was a great Inhuman story, I just felt a weak tie-in
    end of spoilers If Russel took over writing an Inhuman book, I bet it would be great.

spoilers:
    I thought it was pretty good story, better than blade and Wasp. But like them didn't really show how ends up the way he is shown in the main book. I really loved the art, I initial felt it a bit cartoony but I liked how Attilan looked. I loved the showing some of the other inhumans including super obscure ones Glytra. Wasn't a fan of them outright saying Black Bolt's only powers are flight and the voice. It doesn't hurt the plot but the more often it happens the easier it is the continue the trend.
    end of spoilers