Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Strange Adventures #12 Preview

Strange Adventures #12 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artists: Mitch Gerads and Evan "Doc" Shaner

Adam Strange's book not only turned him into a war criminal but also got hijacked by Mr. Terrific and his wife (Adam's, not Terrific's).

Starting the issue with him being dead makes me think that there is a plot twist and it doesn't feel earned at this point. Or this is not the beginning.

this book will have a twist no one will see coming.

Don't be fooled, things aren't over for Adam Strange yet
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this book will have a twist no one will see coming.

Don't be fooled, things aren't over for Adam Strange yet
    I know the issue comes out tomorrow, but I agree. The creative team has always talked about how love Adam when the series first started, I'd be shocked if they really ended the book with where the character currently stands. That being said, I don't know if whatever the 11th hour twist is will actually make enough sense to wrap things up neatly.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I know the issue comes out tomorrow, but I agree. The creative team has always talked about how love Adam when the series first started, I'd be shocked if they really ended the book with where the character currently stands. That being said, I don't know if whatever the 11th hour twist is will actually make enough sense to wrap things up neatly.
    Well, I think King talked about being a fan of Wally West around HiC but of course that was also editorially mandated so who can really say at this point.

Well only GL writer has said that he doesn't like certain character, every other writer is a fan of every character.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think King talked about being a fan of Wally West around HiC but of course that was also editorially mandated so who can really say at this point.
    Ok after reading the issue, I was definitely wrong about Adam's fate lol. Damn, I'm curious to see reactions to this issue.

You gotta give some credit to King here for not even trying to say something positive about Adam.

So pretty much King writes Strange to the point of no recovery for future writers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma022 View Post
    So pretty much King writes Strange to the point of no recovery for future writers
    It's a Black Label book. No one is beholden to treat it as in-continuity. A very key character got killed by Joker in the Black Label Suicide Squad mini, and she's still running around in the main DCU book.

Its not about him being killed, but about him being war criminal, traitor and attempting to murder his own wife. Adam Strange is a minor character with little presence outside of comics so its possible that this characterization is going to stick despite it technically being out of continuity.

I recall Sheriff of Babylon, Mister Miracle, and Strange Adventures as being a kind of trilogy planned by King. Is that still a thing?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I recall Sheriff of Babylon, Mister Miracle, and Strange Adventures as being a kind of trilogy planned by King. Is that still a thing?
    First time I hear about it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Its not about him being killed, but about him being war criminal, traitor and attempting to murder his own wife. Adam Strange is a minor character with little presence outside of comics so its possible that this characterization is going to stick despite it technically being out of continuity.
    I'd like to think internally at DC people are aware that Tom King characterizations are not the definitive, be-all end-all, depictions of these characters.