Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    cool, and nathan fillion could play as hal jordan...
    People really seem to love Fillion as Hal and I just don't get it. I don't dislike the dude, but I just don't get it. This a Firefly thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    People really seem to love Fillion as Hal and I just don't get it. I don't dislike the dude, but I just don't get it. This a Firefly thing?
    He sounds good in the role? I've never really watched Firefly.

The first time I heard him was when he voiced Vigilante in JLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He sounds good in the role? I've never really watched Firefly.

The first time I heard him was when he voiced Vigilante in JLU.
    After having finally started GLTAS, I can't hear anyone other than Keaton as Hal. He's perfect.

After having finally started GLTAS, I can't hear anyone other than Keaton as Hal. He's perfect.
    Hal's had some great voices over the years .

fillion has that nice guy swagger in his voice i guess...

from Green Arrow Secret Files and Origins #1 (December 2002)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Love me some Phil Hester! I thought he was too cartoony for the tone of Smith's GA back in the day, but quickly changed my mind.

Can't wait for his upcoming Action Comics run!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Love me some Phil Hester! I thought he was too cartoony for the tone of Smith's GA back in the day, but quickly changed my mind.

Can't wait for his upcoming Action Comics run!
    Yeah, he drew an awesome Green Arrow .

Always Rakzo

Phil Hester was especially great along Brad Meltzer and Judd Winick. His expressive style fitted much better the more personal stories during those runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Phil Hester was especially great along Brad Meltzer and Judd Winick. His expressive style fitted much better the more personal stories during those runs.
    Meltzer on GA was fine but hoo boy I can go my entire life without reading Winick's Green Arrow work again. GA/BC was better, but good lord was he not the right voice for Oliver Queen. Hester always made those books look great (as he did under Smith and Meltzer) but I don't think I can ever bother with that volume of GA under his pen ever again.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Meltzer on GA was fine but hoo boy I can go my entire life without reading Winick's Green Arrow work again. GA/BC was better, but good lord was he not the right voice for Oliver Queen. Hester always made those books look great (as he did under Smith and Meltzer) but I don't think I can ever bother with that volume of GA under his pen ever again.
    Once he'd stepped away from the 'Ollie is a cheating bastard' bit I thought Winick was pretty solid on GA.
    I'd be a happy camper if Brad Meltzer ever came back for another arc or two (although he too leaned too far into the Ollie is an arsehole).
    Kevin Smith - whose work I find swinging WILDLY from fantastic to unreadable also hit a home run for mine.
    And I know the ship has well & truly sailed, but Scott McCullar would do a great job if ever given a shot too.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Once he'd stepped away from the 'Ollie is a cheating bastard' bit I thought Winick was pretty solid on GA.
    I'd be a happy camper if Brad Meltzer ever came back for another arc or two (although he too leaned too far into the Ollie is an arsehole).
    Kevin Smith - whose work I find swinging WILDLY from fantastic to unreadable also hit a home run for mine.
    And I know the ship has well & truly sailed, but Scott McCullar would do a great job if ever given a shot too.
    Anyone pushing Ollie as an adulterous ******* is pretty much not getting my money or approval. It's never felt in character and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Always Rakzo

On the contrary, Winick's early run was probably one of the best due that completely nailed the dynamic of Team Arrow (Hell, that was pretty much where it was created) and introduced really important villains to the gallery.

Anyone pushing Ollie as an adulterous ******* is pretty much not getting my money or approval. It's never felt in character and nobody can convince me otherwise.
    Yeaaaaah, better start ignoring most of Ollie's history then.

Why not? The guy who made Oliver a cheater ignored previous history.