Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I might have agreed with you a few years ago but her most recent stories featured Ollie and BC together and even a possible timeline where they had a kid.

She also wrote Double Date for JLU which heavily favored Ollie/Dinah. I think that was brought up earlier in the thread.
    One of my personal favourite episodes of JLU!

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I've said this before in another thread and I'll say it again. I still have yet to see Gail Simone write a decent Ollie b/c yikes. A VILLAIN is the last person that should be schooling a hero on what's right and wrong.

Attachment 108967
    I've had my issues with Simone but I wouldn't blame this one on her. She didn't make Oliver participate in the mindwipes and Catman was never that horrible a person.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I might have agreed with you a few years ago but her most recent stories featured Ollie and BC together and even a possible timeline where they had a kid.

She also wrote Double Date for JLU which heavily favored Ollie/Dinah. I think that was brought up earlier in the thread.
    Basically this. She was a great Dinah writer but only an alright Ollie writer. Maybe editorial was getting in her way, I don't know.

Speaking as someone who used to lurk and occasionally post on scans_daily back when Simone would drop in and converse with fans, I don't recall Simone ever outright saying she disliked Ollie or the Ollie/Dinah ship. My general impression is that she was pulling for Babs/Dinah back when she was still writing BOP and Ollie/Dinah getting married was not what she had envisioned for the character but she was pro enough not to crap all over what other writers were doing at the time and tried to make the Ollie/Dinah pairing work whenever she wrote it.

Speaking as someone who used to lurk and occasionally post on scans_daily back when Simone would drop in and converse with fans, I don't recall Simone ever outright saying she disliked Ollie or the Ollie/Dinah ship. My general impression is that she was pulling for Babs/Dinah back when she was still writing BOP and Ollie/Dinah getting married was not what she had envisioned for the character but she was pro enough not to crap all over what other writers were doing at the time and tried to make the Ollie/Dinah pairing work whenever she wrote it.
    Simone is both a very good and a very professional writer .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Simone is both a very good and a very professional writer .
    Also a lovely and friendly lady!
    I was lucky enough to meet her & Nicola and an Aussie convention a few years ago.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Amazing Member

Does anybody know if there is more coming than the Anniversary book later this year?
    I miss Green Arrow so much, the whole Rebirth run was so great.

Issue 41 and 42...the one with Parasite was one of the best comics to show what makes Oliver such a good character.
    Its a damn shame how they ended the series.

I miss Oliver and Dinah so much currently.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Does anybody know if there is more coming than the Anniversary book later this year?
    I miss Green Arrow so much, the whole Rebirth run was so great.

Issue 41 and 42...the one with Parasite was one of the best comics to show what makes Oliver such a good character.
    Its a damn shame how they ended the series.

I miss Oliver and Dinah so much currently.
    I mean Oliver will be constantly appearing in Justice League and Checkmate, just no solo announcements
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Oliver will be constantly appearing in Justice League and Checkmate, just no solo announcements
    How man issues is Checkmate suppose to run for?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How man issues is Checkmate suppose to run for?
    I think it’s a 6 issue mini.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah, i guess its better than what other Characters get or dont get but still...a solo book would be so neat.

I think a new solos is inevitable, personally...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a new solos is inevitable, personally...
    . . . depending on if/when DC decides to publish more comic books that aren't tied in to Batman / Superman / and/or Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . depending on if/when DC decides to publish more comic books that aren't tied in to Batman / Superman / and/or Wonder Woman.
    There's the dream .