Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . depending on if/when DC decides to publish more comic books that aren't tied in to Batman / Superman
    Fixed that for you lol.

At least Ollie seems to have an interesting storyline with Checkmate/JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Fixed that for you lol.

At least Ollie seems to have an interesting storyline with Checkmate/JL.
    Didn't need any fixing; the original version still applies.
    . . . depending on if/when DC decides to publish more comic books that aren't tied in to Batman / Superman / and/or Wonder Woman.
    As one of DC's better known characters, the Wonder Woman franchise is now getting multiple titles that are either on-going or limited series. That's not a bad thing, but it still means that if DC focuses more on the "Trinity" for new books, separate characters / franchises like Green Arrow may be less of a priority for receiving their own solo-title once again.

Spectacular Member

So, Roy's been resurrected for a while. Conner is back, and now is Lian. The extended Arrow family now includes Ollie, Dinah, Roy, Thea, Emiko, Connor, Lian, and possibly Diggle too if DC really wanted to bring him back too (and if we really, really wanted to extend it, we can also include Chesire if she's part of a package with Lian). That's a pretty big cast of characters, and to be fair other DC superheroes have had that problem, but I think now more than ever think fans are desiring a reunion with all the different Arrow characters. However, given the sheer size of the cast now, many feel like there are enough characters to encompass two different titles. The main Green Arrow, and team book featuring the rest of the Arrow family. While I'm all for that, I don't think the Green Arrow has that much sustainability to have two concurrent ongoings. The best shot of a Green Arrow spin-off book happening was during the peak years of the Arrow TV show, during which DC may have wanted some of that sweet, sweet synergy (though look how good that did Green Arrow in terms of comic sales).

While I wish Green Arrow had the star power to sustain a team book compromising mostly his supporting cast, I don't think an ongoing simply called Team Arrow (or something similar) is on the table for Green Arrow. With that said, I wonder if Team Arrow can just simply hijack a previously established team's name, and simply reinvented it as a quasi-Team Arrow. I type quasi because it won't just be Team Arrow, it would just be the place where most of them will be in. That way DC can include A-Listers to the team to help sell the title (Batman & Team Arrow?).

Outsiders would have been the best team for Team Arrow to takeover, but that team has become a pure Gotham/Black Lightning team now. There's been a lot of build-up with Checkmate, which is sort of becoming its own superhero team name. With Green Arrow and Canary having a major role in that mini-series, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility of Ollie taking Checkmate and making it his own, incorporating it with his family and his far-more popular friends. With that said, I haven't read Event Leviathan, so I could be totally off-based on what Checkmate is.

If wasn't for the fact that Green Arrow and the Canaries wasn't picked up by the CW, that would be a good team title for a potential comic book team that would have had synergy with the Arrowverse. Heck, a comics series just called the Canaries starring Dinah, Mia, Emiko, Lian, and maybe Chesire would have been great. I just realized Birds of Prey isn't being used at the moment, though I think most fans would want it to just remain a Gotham-based team, which I understand. Personally, as long Barbara Gordon is on the team, I'm alright with any of the Arrow ladies taking it, with Barbara being their A-list friend to help sell the title. Barbara is not starring in anything right now, so why not co-star a Birds of Prey with Team Arrow Ladies.

Obviously, there are other possibilities with how DC can showcase the Arrow Team in its full glory. I think a maxi series and one-shots are great options, especially if they could follow a formula like Batman's Urban Legends and Secret Files. DC loves doing limited series at the moment, and I could see some of the more popular members of Team Arrow, like Roy or Black Canary, getting their own mini-series. But I like my idea of Team Arrow taking over a pre-existing team's name, I just wish I knew more obscure team names in DC's history.

I'm wondering if Oliver Queen will soon be revealed to be a successor to an older, Golden Age Green Arrow?

After all, in the Stargirl Spring Break Special one-shot due out later this month, it seems there will have been a previous version of Green Arrow (with brown hair) who will have been a member of the original Seven Soldiers of Victory.
    This was in Infinite Frontier #0:

which would seem to be an indication of the old Earth-2 version of Green Arrow?

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. IX (Nov. 1985)

An army of Deathstrokes? Or are those supposed to be redesigns for Checkmate's knights?

Nice butt Ollie .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    An army of Deathstrokes? Or are those supposed to be redesigns for Checkmate's knights?

Nice butt Ollie .
    I think this is him coming for Dick's best male butt in comics title.

Hey Oliver and his sister Emiko are hanging out with Stargirl next week. I guess thats a fun way to make Oliver both the current and golden age green arrow.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/21/dc...eak-special-1/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah. spoilers:
    Turns out Ollie and Roy got time displaced by the Clock King.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey Oliver and his sister Emiko are hanging out with Stargirl next week. I guess thats a fun way to make Oliver both the current and golden age green arrow.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/21/dc...eak-special-1/
    It's nice to see them together again and Oliver doing some mentoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. spoilers:
    Turns out Ollie and Roy got time displaced by the Clock King.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is that what changed the color of his hair?

And is Ollie now old enough to be Bruce Wayne's grandfather or something?
    end of spoilers

Originally posted by Frontier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    https://twitter.com/DaveMarquez/stat...56123243421702

Nice butt Ollie .
    I seem to remember a month or so ago DC listing about 10 new titles coming out and if I remember correctly one was called something like Deathstroke Inc.

spoilers:
    Is that what changed the color of his hair?

And is Ollie now old enough to be Bruce Wayne's grandfather or something?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No, they clearly got home at some point.

Maybe Jay Garrick was able to being them forward in time? We know Barry and Wally are capable of that, and Oliver certainly should too, it would make sense for him to seek out that era's Flash.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I forget which covers have already been posted/revealed:

Extraordinary Member