Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I forget which covers have already been posted/revealed:

I like that 1940s cover by Cho!

Extraordinary Member

Story list for the 80th anniversary special:

• "The Disappearing Bandit" by Mariko Tamaki and Javier Rodriguez
    • "Punching Evil" by Tom Taylor, Nicola Scott and Annette Kwok
    • "Who Watches the Watchtower?" by Stephanie Phillips, Chris Mooneyham and Mike Spicer
    • "Out of the Shadow" by Mike Grell and Lovern Kindzerski
    • "The Arrow and the Song" by Ram V, Christopher Mitten and Ivan Plascencia
    • "One" by Brandon Thomas, Jorge Corona and Matheus Lopes
    • "Green Man and Red Boy" by Devin Grayson and Max Fiumara
    • "Star City Star" by Phil Hester, Ande Parks and Trish Mulvihill
    • "Happy Anniversary" by Vita Ayala, Laura Braga and Adriano Lucas
    • "The Sympathy of the Woods" by Ben Percy and Otto Schmidt
    • "The Last Green Arrow Story" by Jeff Lemire, Andrea Sorrentino and Jordie Bellaire
    • "Tap, Tap, Tap" by Larry O’Neil, Jorge Fornes and Dave Stewart

I'm loving those covers .

• "Who Watches the Watchtower?" by Stephanie Phillips, Chris Mooneyham and Mike Spicer
    • "The Last Green Arrow Story" by Jeff Lemire, Andrea Sorrentino and Jordie Bellaire
    "Punching Evil" - Boxing Glove Arrow spotlight??

"Out of the Shadow" - Featuring Shado?

"The Arrow and the Song" - Black Canary focus?

"Green Man and Red Body" - Ollie and Roy story?

"Happy Anniversary" - Ollie and Dinah's?

"The Sympathy of the Woods" - Set during Percy's era where they were based in a forst?

"The Last Green Arrow Story" - I wonder if this will have anything to do with Lemire's run.

You know your getting old when you get excited about seeing Mike Grell's name.

Good to see Denny O Neil's son following in his footsteps, and I'm happy to see Lemire on the list. Great writer!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Would've been nice to see more of these covers before FOC. I only pre-ordered the Grell one (because he can do no wrong), but would have added a couple more had they been revealed. Oh well, guess I'll wait for the Deluxe Edition and have them all in one place eventually.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I love how they're celebrating all eras of Green Arrow .

Amazing Member

Finally something for our beloved Emerald Archer...loving the covers and im really looking forward to this.
    Now we just need a new Comic series and im totally happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Finally something for our beloved Emerald Archer...loving the covers and im really looking forward to this.
    Now we just need a new Comic series...
    with a decent writer and artist
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    . . . and im totally happy.

Incredible Member

Josh Williamson On Bringing Back Connor Hawke, Lian and Roy Harper

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/josh...nd-roy-harper/

Josh Williamson was on John Siuntres' Word Balloon podcast last week and he was up for talking about Green Arrow – and all the traditional Green Arrow characters and their place in the post-Infinite Frontier DC Omniverse. With Roy Harper back from the dead courtesy of Death Metal – even as there is a memorial school named after him in Teen Titans Academy, Williamson talked about how this all went back to the New 52.

"It was important to me to bring Connor back. I had asked about it so many times, I mean this is how it always is. I'm always the person in the room raising my hand being like, can I bring this character back? And bring this character back this character's missing… there were some characters that got kind of a raw deal when the New 52 started and I think that obviously Green Arrow's family completely disappeared. They're all gone or they're in a weird location. When we got into Rebirth it was a gradual, "okay, let's start getting some of this stuff back". And so it's like with him. I couldn't believe that Connor had been gone for so long… I couldn't believe they erased that guy."

"So when I got this opportunity to work on Robin and we started talking about doing it as like a Mortal Kombat style tournament, Connor is one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the DCU. I think some parts of editorial, they didn't really know who he was, because he hadn't been in the books for 10 years. Thankfully there were a lot of people in editorial who were, like. "I love that character", so we got him in there and there's more plans beyond this. There's a scene in issue 3 with him and Damian, they start talking about their dads and how much their dads have in common. It's one of my favourite scenes in the book so you know he'll definitely be in other stuff after Robin but he plays a major part in Robin too. I didn't realize how much him and Damian had in common until I got to write them, and they both kind of go on like an emotional journey together across the first eight issues."

"Once we stopped working on Death Metal and we started talking about Batman having the [Black Lantern] ring, I was, like, "we'll get Roy right back through this" and then we started talking Infinite Frontier and my plan for Roy was to get his daughter back at some point, and I was trying to figure out how and then I got a call from editorial and they were thinking about using her in Catwoman because they already had kind of a plan in place. I talked with Ram V and there's a way to make this work. She's Shoes, she's being trained as Catwoman's sidekick and so what does Roy do when he finds out she's alive? And then he finds out that Jade that she knows she's alive. That definitely plays a part in pieces of Infinite Frontier and then the plans for Roy after Infinite Frontier and other books that I don't want to say yet because I don't want to ruin their stories or mess their stuff up but there definitely is a plan to get these things rolling."

"He has survivor's guilt and then he's also not sure why he's back necessarily, his memories are kind of a little screwy in places and the last thing he really remembers was being a zombie during Death Metal so he's definitely questioning things that that plays a part in Infinite Frontier. Why was I chosen to come back not everybody's come back so you know not everyone came back from the dead and I think part of this like he doesn't know his daughter's back and that definitely weighs on him a little bit. He loves his family, he loves his friends, but it's not totally unlike him to get on a motorcycle and ride off the desert by himself for a little bit and that's kind of what we're doing. And then you'll see some of the seven Infinity Frontiers with him and the journey he kind of goes on and how he plays a really important role in that story uh and then the stuff he'll do afterward."

"I don't want to get too deep into spoilers but obviously there's Green Arrow stuff going on. It's like all the Green Arrow family is sort of splintered out across the DCU. You have Green Arrow and Justice League and Checkmate. Black Canary is in Justice League but she's also in something else that hasn't been announced yet and then it's like Connor and Robin and Roy are gonna be in Infinite Frontier and then Roy will go on to be in another story, it's like we have this huge Green Arrow family thrown out across the DCU. Of course we're going to do a story about them coming back together and what that actually means. We all want to see those characters get to see each other for the first time in over ten years so there's definitely plans for that and a lot of conversations for when those beats will happen. I think it'll be some really fun stuff with that especially beginning of next year."

The part about some portions of editorial not knowing who Connor was is embarrassing. It's literally these people's job to know who these characters are and how to utilize them in the fictional universe they're in charge of.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-25-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Josh Williamson On Bringing Back Connor Hawke, Lian and Roy Harper

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/josh...nd-roy-harper/
    Joshua Williamson really feels like he's speaking for the fans...

Minor Spoilers for "Stargirl Spring Break Special" featuring the Seven Soldiers of Victory

Turns out Ollie and Speedy actually went back to the Golden Age to be in the 7 Soldiers of Victory. It's fun to see that part of Ollie's past brought back and in a way that's not too complicated. They just went back in time for awhile, did that, then came back. Why not? No need to say that they actually lived that long, but time warps around them and they age super-slowly and don't notice it, but remember everything, yada yada... (I forget what term they invented for that nonsense)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The part about some portions of editorial not knowing who Connor was is embarrassing. It's literally these people's job to know who these characters are and how to utilize them in the fictional universe they're in charge of.
    Now that the Arrow family is Bat-adjacent, they'll have no excuse not to know them...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES