Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Father’s Day Special: Devin Grayson on ARSENAL and Lian Harper - Interview with Devin Grayson about her story in the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary Special and on her contributions to the evolution of the Harpers over the last three decades.

http://www.comicosity.com/fathers-da...d-lian-harper/

And the assassination of Green Arrow continues, why be the Justice League leader if you are just gonna betray the team and form a shady Secret organisation. DC hasn’t known who Green Arrow is as a character since new52, he has been in the wilderness for close to a decade. He is not written as a smart character or one with strong morals, or great love for his loved ones (what’s this about him and checkmate targeting Black Canary smh. ) He has to know Batman is watching him all the time, just because that who Batman is and GA is leader of JL, only a fool would be double crossing JL while it’s leader with Batman on the team and constant surveillance & monitoring. What happened to wanting to reform the JL and set it back on course, but that’s hypocritical when you are doing some shady stuff behind it’s back.

GA/Oliver is empty and souless as a character since new 52, barely recognisable and GA in name only.
    Last edited by HunterX; 06-22-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Honestly great art, looks good, only if the textual treatment and characterisation of character would look as good as this visual design.
    Last edited by HunterX; 06-22-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    And the assassination of Green Arrow continues, why be the Justice League leader if you are just gonna betray the team and form a shady Secret organisation. DC hasn’t known who Green Arrow is as a character since new52, he has been in the wilderness for close to a decade. He is not written as a smart character or one with strong morals, or great love for his loved ones (what’s this about him and checkmate targeting Black Canary smh. ) He has to know Batman is watching him all the time, just because that who Batman is and GA is leader of JL, only a fool would be double crossing JL while it’s leader with Batman on the team and constant surveillance & monitoring. What happened to wanting to reform the JL and set it back on course, but that’s hypocritical when you are doing some shady stuff behind it’s back.

GA/Oliver is empty and souless as a character since new 52, barely recognisable and GA in name only.
    I enjoyed Rebirth-era GA...

Can't beat that goatee .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Ordered my 90's cover today.
    I'm a sucker for Roy & Connor and couldn't pass it up, even though Howard Porter has NOTHING to do with the 90's GA era.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Ordered my 90's cover today.
    I'm a sucker for Roy & Connor and couldn't pass it up, even though Howard Porter has NOTHING to do with the 90's GA era.
    As long as it's done in the style of the '90s / based on that status quo is the main thing.
    After all, how many of the artists who drew Green Arrow in the 1940s and 1950s are still around and still able to draw a cover these days?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As long as it's done in the style of the '90s / based on that status quo is the main thing.
    After all, how many of the artists who drew Green Arrow in the 1940s and 1950s are still around and still able to draw a cover these days?
    I get that, but I'm sure DC could've made a call to Doug Braithwaite, Will Rosado or Rodolfo DaMaggio to whip up a cover image. (I miss Jim Aparo - what a BRILLIANT artist)

didnt notice that was Mia Dearden and not Emiko. Emiko is there too, now Im pumped. for the anniversary special.

Hope this means, Mia is back full time in the DC Universe, after all everyone else dead or benched is (Roy, Connor, Lian etc)

Last edited by HunterX; 06-25-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Oh yeah, did Mia have a boob window...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, did Mia have a boob window...?
    Yeah, no she never did.
    The arrow logo was always a part of her costume, but it was never a Power Girl-esque boob window.
    My question would be is she still HIV positive or has that fallen by the wayside?

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yeah, no she never did.
    The arrow logo was always a part of her costume, but it was never a Power Girl-esque boob window.
    My question would be is she still HIV positive or has that fallen by the wayside?
    Oh, so it's just a logo. The way it was colored there made it look like skin.

I've been reading a lot of Marvel Noir these past couple of weeks. Could Green Arrow and his world work in a noir setting? If not, what kind of setting would you put him in, if you could do an elseworld story?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, so it's just a logo. The way it was colored there made it look like skin.
    Yeah, that's a colouring error, I'm sure that should be yellow?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman