Astonishing Member

Default X-men unlimited 13. Unstoppable. The retuen of rubber maid

Juggernaut is leading his new team the unstoppable consisting of himself primus and quick sand attacking a fear prision.

Flashback.

Xavier sent juggernaut to save Andrea she was kidnapped while attending a sala concert with d-cel. D-cel escaped

Can't get her du to to causing a international problem. But cain is a criminal so is ok.

Xavier pays him alot of money
    Now

Juggernaut vs the Texas twister Texas greatest deputy defenses the federal prison thats illegal holding rubber maid.

It goes as well as you'd expect.

Texas man says the government says its ok to illegal detain mutants. The warden is holding mutants in a for profit prison and plans on using to end super-powered people. Cain wants this done fast.

In the prison deadpool killed some guards and is making fun of rubber maids name. Wondering if maid is spelt maid or made. And decides to call her Tupperware lass.

Astonishing Member

Sounds pretty barren as story and like it could also end up being overly preachy while missing the core of the real world problem that seems to inspire the writer to create this backdrop for the story, like the previous one.

I can't belief i'm saying this, but can we go back to Wolverine jumping off orbital space stations and fighting unrealistic megalomanic villains who want to turn people into mole people or something?
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-06-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Rubbermaid is one of those obscure, underdeveloped characters that I irrationally like, sort of like pre-Krakoa DJ. Glad to see she's getting some time in the sun. I hope that Rubbermaid shitposting account on Twitter will see this comic.

The story doesn't sound too interesting yet, but it's a lot less exhausting to read than X-Men Green.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Rubbermaid is one of those obscure, underdeveloped characters that I irrationally like, sort of like pre-Krakoa DJ. Glad to see she's getting some time in the sun. I hope that Rubbermaid shitposting account on Twitter will see this comic.

The story doesn't sound too interesting yet, but it's a lot less exhausting to read than X-Men Green.
    Is it really time in the sun or just getting exposed to an UV lamp in a dark room?

This isn't a core book or otherwise major series. So the number of people reading it could potentialy be very small to beginn with and after the previous longer story the X-men Unlimited name might not be particular well regarded anymore too.

An obscure characters getting pulled into a bad story is generaly worse than staying in Limbo a bit longer. As those who consider the character not worthy of attention will just point at the story and go "see the character is worthless, give me more *Insert the same characters being in the spotlight for decades*!", while those who like the character might feel like their chance at a comeback got wasted and would have rather wished to appear in a head turning series of a proper title even if it took longer to get there.

It's why i dread the upcomming Secret X-men oneshot since i have less than faith in the writers ability to give any of the characters used time to shine.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Sounds pretty barren as story and like it could also end up being overly preachy while missing the core of the real world problem that seems to inspire the writer to create this backdrop for the story, like the previous one.

I can't belief i'm saying this, but can we go back to Wolverine jumping off orbital space stations and fighting unrealistic megalomanic villains who want to turn people into mole people or something?
    I'm sure you'll get more of that next month.
    My flag is bacon.

Is this Duggan again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Is this Duggan again?
    No. Fabian nicieza

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I'm sure you'll get more of that next month.
    Yeah i might eat my own words then.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cute to see Rubbermaid returned, next in line: Dummy

Who are the two who are helping Juggernaut? Primus and Quicksand? I do not recognize them.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 12-06-2021 at 09:26 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Is it really time in the sun or just getting exposed to an UV lamp in a dark room?

This isn't a core book or otherwise major series. So the number of people reading it could potentialy be very small to beginn with and after the previous longer story the X-men Unlimited name might not be particular well regarded anymore too.

An obscure characters getting pulled into a bad story is generaly worse than staying in Limbo a bit longer. As those who consider the character not worthy of attention will just point at the story and go "see the character is worthless, give me more *Insert the same characters being in the spotlight for decades*!", while those who like the character might feel like their chance at a comeback got wasted and would have rather wished to appear in a head turning series of a proper title even if it took longer to get there.

It's why i dread the upcomming Secret X-men oneshot since i have less than faith in the writers ability to give any of the characters used time to shine.
    If the character is having their personality or story ruined, they're better off not being used. But if this is just Rubbermaid being rescued and not horribly mangled, I'm fine with it. I doubt anyone was clamoring to use Rubbermaid anyway. I'd rather have meh than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

If the character is having their personality or story ruined, they're better off not being used. But if this is just Rubbermaid being rescued and not horribly mangled, I'm fine with it. I doubt anyone was clamoring to use Rubbermaid anyway. I'd rather have meh than nothing.
    I mean does she have a personality to be ruined? I'd rather the Academy X kids that were just background panel fodder pre-Decimation got an opportunity to shine on Krakoa than creating lots of new kids.

Give me Kidogo, Trance, Network, Dryad any day of the week over Curse, Fauna & Cosmar.

People could conceivably be annoyed with a C/D-lister like Nature Girl changing personality wildly between issues but the only thing we know about Rubbermaid is she fancied Jeffrey Garrett - and I doubt anyone cares enough for him to ever show up again.

Astonishing Member

That's understandable. Hope it works out for her.

I admit, i'm somewhat jaded by looking back at how Marrow was used the past 20 years since she was kicked off the X-men and can symphatize with fans of New X-men Academy era students who saw their favorits rise and fall via sporadic writer interest with mixed to bad results.

Rubbermaid of course has the advantage of being a relative blank slate.