Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    It bugs me the way Kate has never been paired with Bobbi, either.

    She modelled herself after both of them!
    That's what I don't understand either. Instead they pair her up with Jessica Jones. Bobbi makes much more sense to me.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  2. #32
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    That's what I don't understand either. Instead they pair her up with Jessica Jones. Bobbi makes much more sense to me.
    Well, Kate was slumming it as a PI, so in that respect it made sense for Jessica Jones to show up.

  3. #33
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    That's what I don't understand either. Instead they pair her up with Jessica Jones. Bobbi makes much more sense to me.
    I mean, Jessica and Kate have had a strong relationship since Kate's first appearance in YA vol. 1, so not at all weird to pair them up.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I mean, Jessica and Kate have had a strong relationship since Kate's first appearance in YA vol. 1, so not at all weird to pair them up.
    Well snap I missed that one and I'm a dumbass.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    It bugs me the way Kate has never been paired with Bobbi, either.

    She modelled herself after both of them!
    Yeah, I keep hoping to see the two of them get a proper team up. We know they've met -- they've interacted a little in the Fraction HAWKEYE run. But we've never seen the two of them have any significant one-on-one interaction or a direct team up.

  6. #36
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Yeah, Kate has a history with Jessica Jones going back to volume 1 (she was the one who gave Kate the name Hawkeye, if I recall correctly) and Kate was originally partially a Mockingbird legacy...but Bobbi and Jessica Jones are pretty good friends, dating back to their New Avengers days (based on their interactions, one could argue that Jess was the closest friendship she made on the team), so all three of them should be close.

    Speaking of the New Avengers, a whole bunch of the Dark Reign New Avengers lineup showed up on the last page of Amazing Spider-Man this week! Unfortunately, Bobbi wasn't there (nor were Bucky or Carol), but considering the fact that the writer, Nick Spencer, is a fan of Bobbi, there's a chance she might just be out of sight, and appear in next week's issue.

    To be honest, I've been a little surprised that Bobbi hasn't shown up at all during this ASM run, considering a) it's being written by Nick Spencer and b) Bobbi was working closely with Peter for a long time just before the run started, and they even dated for a little while and broke up on good terms.

  7. #37
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yeah, Kate has a history with Jessica Jones going back to volume 1 (she was the one who gave Kate the name Hawkeye, if I recall correctly) and Kate was originally partially a Mockingbird legacy...but Bobbi and Jessica Jones are pretty good friends, dating back to their New Avengers days (based on their interactions, one could argue that Jess was the closest friendship she made on the team), so all three of them should be close.

    Speaking of the New Avengers, a whole bunch of the Dark Reign New Avengers lineup showed up on the last page of Amazing Spider-Man this week! Unfortunately, Bobbi wasn't there (nor were Bucky or Carol), but considering the fact that the writer, Nick Spencer, is a fan of Bobbi, there's a chance she might just be out of sight, and appear in next week's issue.

    To be honest, I've been a little surprised that Bobbi hasn't shown up at all during this ASM run, considering a) it's being written by Nick Spencer and b) Bobbi was working closely with Peter for a long time just before the run started, and they even dated for a little while and broke up on good terms.
    I don't know if I'd say "good terms" so much as indifferent, but by the end it really didn't seem like Bobbi liked or cared for Peter that much so that might be why she isn't there.

  8. #38
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if I'd say "good terms" so much as indifferent, but by the end it really didn't seem like Bobbi liked or cared for Peter that much so that might be why she isn't there.
    Well, their last interaction was her protecting Aunt May, followed by a pleasant dinner between the three of them. Their romantic relationship might have had an uncomfortable dynamic, but it seemed to me like they parted as friends.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Well, their last interaction was her protecting Aunt May, followed by a pleasant dinner between the three of them. Their romantic relationship might have had an uncomfortable dynamic, but it seemed to me like they parted as friends.
    That's my opinion as well. They dated because they worked together...without that they had nothing to keep them together. And aside from Bobbi's annoyance of Pete staying a little too long on her couch...I think they parted well.

  10. #40
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    29

    Default

    What are the best series with Mockingbird in them and focusing on her?

  11. #41
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Well, their last interaction was her protecting Aunt May, followed by a pleasant dinner between the three of them. Their romantic relationship might have had an uncomfortable dynamic, but it seemed to me like they parted as friends.
    I think they're amicable enough now. I just also remember reading a lot of stories where she was insulting and denigrating him with practically every line.

  12. #42
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're amicable enough now. I just also remember reading a lot of stories where she was insulting and denigrating him with practically every line.
    Yeah. Bobbi's supposed to be snarky, but not mean (at least, not to people on the same side as her). I think there's a fine line between the two, and Slott accidentally wrote her slightly on the wrong side of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    What are the best series with Mockingbird in them and focusing on her?
    It depends if you prefer older comics or new ones!

    For older ones, the best runs with her are from the 80s: Marvel Team-Up #95, the Hawkeye (1983) four-issue miniseries, and Steve Englehart's run on West Coast Avengers (about issues #1-41, although it doesn't hurt to stop either after issue #23 or issue #33—after that, things get extremely unpleasant).

    For newer ones, I love Jim McCann and David Lopez's run of minis. It starts with New Avengers: The Reunion and continues with Hawkeye & Mockingbird and then Widowmaker.

    The Mockingbird (2016) run by Chelsea Cain was very well-received and sold excellently in trade (unfortunately it didn't do well with single issues, so it's only 8 issues long).

    There are two recent runs of Unstoppable Wasp where Bobbi is a supporting character. It's a very upbeat series that I personally loved, but Bobbi isn't a main character. Same thing with the longer Silk run from 2015 (post-Secret Wars).

  13. #43
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yeah. Bobbi's supposed to be snarky, but not mean (at least, not to people on the same side as her). I think there's a fine line between the two, and Slott accidentally wrote her slightly on the wrong side of it.
    Him and Robbie Thompson in SM/Deadpool (although Bobbi was solid in Silk, at least when she wasn't assuming Silk and Spider-Gwen were criminals).

  14. #44
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Him and Robbie Thompson in SM/Deadpool (although Bobbi was solid in Silk, at least when she wasn't assuming Silk and Spider-Gwen were criminals).
    Yes, it's hard to believe that it was the same writer who wrote Bobbi in Silk as in Spider-Man/Deadpool. Although I have to see, I recently re-read Spider-Man/Deadpool, and especially coming right after Secret Empire but also considering the things Deadpool was doing at the beginning of the arc, there was no reason to give him any benefit of the doubt. She might have been justified. Although she was way too mean to Peter.

  15. #45
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The NYC rooftops
    Posts
    4,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Loved AVENGERS:EARTHS MIGHTIEST HEROES adaptation of Mockingbird and her super sleeves and staves.
    This whole thing was amazing. I must watch this show sometime. Hopefully I can stream it somewhere! Wow!

    My heart broke a little with what happened between Clint and Bobbi that the Phantom Rider abuse started. Too bad. I still think Clint could have tried to have been more understanding.
    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •