Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Shuri: Princess of Wakanda Appreciation 2021

The nightmare known as 2020 is finally over. Time for a fresh start.

New year = new appreciation thread for Wakanda's Princess, Griot, and former Queen!

Happy New Year to the Princess of Wakanda .

Welcome back RDH! New year, fresh start!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to the Princess of Wakanda .
    May this year be better than whatever the previous year was!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Welcome back RDH! New year, fresh start!
    Thank you, Marvell! I don’t post here as much as I used to (life took over), but I’ll try to bea bit more consistent this time around. Crossing fingers!

you'll want to be here for this.

trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    you'll want to be here for this.

trust me.

Can’t wait!

I remember those, great stuff!

With the "no recast" announcement made last year, I see Shuri and M'Baku being the leads of the next Black Panther movie, with Okoye, Nakia, and Ramonda as very prominent supporting characters. We may even see a W'Kabi sighting (not sure on a redemption arc, but possible).

I do see Shuri becoming the queen. However, I don't think she'll become the next BP. I see Shuri passing the mantle to Nakia instead, while Shuri continues her own journey as Queen via something akin to the Griot mantle down the line. The Griot mantle is key in Shuri embracing Wakandan traditions.

Shuri and M'Baku will have a much closer relationship this time around, unlike the first film. They were polar opposites in BP1, but via her actions and newfound respect for several aspects of traditions will result in M'Baku ultimately not challenging her at the end of the film. M'Baku will see the value technology can being to both the Jabari and Wakanda as a whole.

Prior to all this the supporting cast will be busy in two fronts: overseas to seek information on the new threat, and back in Wakanda when said threat makes it to its shores.

I obviously could be way off on what goes down, but I have a feeling BP2 will go around those lines.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-04-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Marvel Voices Legacy #1 variant cover by Edge: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC200565

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    With the "no recast" announcement made last year, I see Shuri and M'Baku being the leads of the next Black Panther movie, with Okoye, Nakia, and Ramonda as very prominent supporting characters. We may even see a W'Kabi sighting (not sure on a redemption arc, but possible).

I do see Shuri becoming the queen. However, I don't think she'll become the next BP. I see Shuri passing the mantle to Nakia instead, while Shuri continues her own journey as Queen via something akin to the Griot mantle down the line. The Griot mantle is key in Shuri embracing Wakandan traditions.

Shuri and M'Baku will have a much closer relationship this time around, unlike the first film. They were polar opposites in BP1, but via her actions and newfound respect for several aspects of traditions will result in M'Baku ultimately not challenging her at the end of the film. M'Baku will see the value technology can being to both the Jabari and Wakanda as a whole.
    Prior to all this the supporting cast will be busy in two fronts: overseas to seek information on the new threat, and back in Wakanda when said threat makes it to its shores.

I obviously could be way off on what goes down, but I have a feeling BP2 will go around those lines.
    If she goes down the path of becoming Griot, won't that contradict with her scientific background? Unless she becomes some kind of technomancer.

If she goes down the path of becoming Griot, won't that contradict with her scientific background? Unless she becomes some kind of technomancer.
    Not at all, the way I see it it would complement her character. A "technomancer" as you put it is what I think will happen to her in the long run.

MCU Shuri's number one flaw imho is her near total disregard for Wakandan tradition. The Griot arc--an MCU version of it, in this case--will address this head on, making her a more rounded character and a more competent ruler, should it happen. Her scientific side is still there but is now accompanied with some traditionalist elements. Can't ignore your nation's traditions when you are queen.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-04-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Very nice Shuri fan art by ultraraw26: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJi42ZonzE9/
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-18-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Not at all, the way I see it it would complement her character. A "technomancer" as you put it is what I think will happen to her in the long run.

MCU Shuri's number one flaw imho is her near total disregard for Wakandan tradition. The Griot arc--an MCU version of it, in this case--will address this head on, making her a more rounded character and a more competent ruler, should it happen. Her scientific side is still there but is now accompanied with some traditionalist elements. Can't ignore your nation's traditions when you are queen.
    But if she's going to follow in her brother's footsteps, she actually going to open up Wakanda to the outside world even more.