Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Well...it is on my mind so I guess it is time for me to rant about this again....

I really wish they would define what the IF/SSS cocktail did for Bobbie's strength, speed, etc...I just hate when they keep it vague. Just a page of Bobbi in the gym lifting weights, running on a treadmill and such with it being shown what she is capable of. She is more than just a superhero/spy...she is a doctor of biochemistry...I would think she would be the first one to push her limits...and quantify them....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well...it is on my mind so I guess it is time for me to rant about this again....

I really wish they would define what the IF/SSS cocktail did for Bobbie's strength, speed, etc...I just hate when they keep it vague. Just a page of Bobbi in the gym lifting weights, running on a treadmill and such with it being shown what she is capable of. She is more than just a superhero/spy...she is a doctor of biochemistry...I would think she would be the first one to push her limits...and quantify them....
    Yeah I have no clue why they haven’t properly dived into this. Even Cain ended up doing nothing with despite it being the centre of the first (great) arc around it

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Agreed, she seems like the type of person who would keep track of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Yeah I have no clue why they haven’t properly dived into this. Even Cain ended up doing nothing with despite it being the centre of the first (great) arc around it
    I think it was brought up in the SHIELD 50th Anniversary Mockingbird one-shot, but as far as I understood the first arc of the ongoing series, the virus she had wasn't actually related to the infinity soldier formulerum (for lack of a more convenient way to refer to the cocktail).

In the New Avengers issue right after she got the enhancement, she jumped like thirty feet into the air to take out a giant Nazi robot, and the latest Unstoppable Wasp issue had her healing from a broken leg in under 24 hours, so both of those are objective, measurable things to take note of. But yeah, it'd be nice if we saw her testing what the actual limits of her abilities are.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Agreed, she seems like the type of person who would keep track of it.

I think it was brought up in the SHIELD 50th Anniversary Mockingbird one-shot, but as far as I understood the first arc of the ongoing series, the virus she had wasn't actually related to the infinity soldier formulerum (for lack of a more convenient way to refer to the cocktail).

In the New Avengers issue right after she got the enhancement, she jumped like thirty feet into the air to take out a giant Nazi robot, and the latest Unstoppable Wasp issue had her healing from a broken leg in under 24 hours, so both of those are objective, measurable things to take note of. But yeah, it'd be nice if we saw her testing what the actual limits of her abilities are.
    Considering she has access to Pym Labs and the G.I.R.L.s for helping with lab work this is all a no brainer for me.

I wrote this on Twitter but figured it might spark a discussion here, too: Since Marvel isn't doing anything with Bobbi at the moment, it can be interesting to look at her next to characters that Marvel is using, and today's Black Widow issue made me think about the differences in the way that Mockingbird and Black Widow each relate to their lifestyle. On a day-to-day basis, a lot of things about their lives are probably pretty similar, but the attitudes they take towards their work are not. On the one hand, you have Bobbi, who was on track for a respected career path and she chose to branch out into becoming a spy/hero, and she basically sees the lifestyle as an opportunity. As opposed to Natasha, who was raised into it, and even now that she sets her own terms, it still feels like she never really had a choice. It's all she knows, and she's damn good at it, but she does her best to make sure that no young woman ever feels forced into it the way she was. While Bobbi feels lucky to be where she is, Natasha feels burdened by it. It would be really interesting to see a team-up with just the two of them so we could really explore that contrast.

I wrote this on Twitter but figured it might spark a discussion here, too: Since Marvel isn't doing anything with Bobbi at the moment, it can be interesting to look at her next to characters that Marvel is using, and today's Black Widow issue made me think about the differences in the way that Mockingbird and Black Widow each relate to their lifestyle. On a day-to-day basis, a lot of things about their lives are probably pretty similar, but the attitudes they take towards their work are not. On the one hand, you have Bobbi, who was on track for a respected career path and she chose to branch out into becoming a spy/hero, and she basically sees the lifestyle as an opportunity. As opposed to Natasha, who was raised into it, and even now that she sets her own terms, it still feels like she never really had a choice. It's all she knows, and she's damn good at it, but she does her best to make sure that no young woman ever feels forced into it the way she was. While Bobbi feels lucky to be where she is, Natasha feels burdened by it. It would be really interesting to see a team-up with just the two of them so we could really explore that contrast.
    This is kind of being facetious, but Bobbi is the fun spy while Natasha is the serious spy...although both can kind of alternate depending on the situation.

I think of Bobbi as being Sydney Bristow before her fiance’s murder. Living it up as an exciting secret superhero getting to see the world and “fighting for the good guys”

Following the murder of her fiancé: very Natasha.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 05-26-2021 at 08:31 PM.

I think of Bobbi as being Sydney Bristow before her fiance’s murder. Living it up as an exciting secret superhero getting to see the world and “fighting for the good guys”

Following the murder of her fiancé: very Natasha.
    Well, Bobbi's not naive or inexperienced—after all, she was the one who uncovered all that SHIELD corruption decades before Secret Warriors, and she's been through a whole bunch of rough things over the years—but even though she's been hardened a bit by her experiences, she's still not jaded. She still gets excited by things, and she's got that adrenaline junkie streak in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is kind of being facetious, but Bobbi is the fun spy while Natasha is the serious spy...although both can kind of alternate depending on the situation.
    If you had to simplify it, sure (although, like you said, Bobbi can be serious and Natasha can be fun)

It looks like Adrianne Palicki (who played Bobbi in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD) is one of the guests to look out for at the X-Men's Hellfire Gala! I didn't see her in any of last week's issues, but this news is certainly an incentive to collect the entire event.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I saw that! Hoping that Bobbi has been invited, and her and Adrianne interact at the event lol.

It looks like Adrianne Palicki (who played Bobbi in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD) is one of the guests to look out for at the X-Men's Hellfire Gala! I didn't see her in any of last week's issues, but this news is certainly an incentive to collect the entire event.

That's so weird .

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I saw that! Hoping that Bobbi has been invited, and her and Adrianne interact at the event lol.
    I haven't seen any non-Krakoan superheroes who aren't currently active Avengers or Fantastic Four members, but we can always hope

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That would be an awesome Easter Egg for the fans!

Adrianne is so awesome. I’ve loved her since being Tyra on Friday Night Lights.

I’ll be beyond livid if they ever try to recast Bobbi in the MCU.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I haven't seen any non-Krakoan superheroes who aren't currently active Avengers or Fantastic Four members, but we can always hope
    That's true. Would be a missed opportunity IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That would be an awesome Easter Egg for the fans!
    It would be!

I'm honestly worried about Bobbi's prospect in the MCU.

No word of her in the Hawkeye series. No word of her in Secret Invasion. These are big aspects of Mockingbird's history, and they seem content ignoring her and having others fill the role.

I hate that the AOS writers never tried to do anything with Bobbi's character again once her spinoff was cancelled. I know Adrianne had another show, but according to her they never once reached out. Very frustrating.