Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Last edited by juan678; 12-28-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Congrats to Eternals for crossing $400M worldwide!

Really looking forward to the Eternals/Avengers crossover coming up in March.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

https://www.cbr.com/eternals-directo...diences-hated/

Alternate Ending

"I don't think I've made a single film where the opening and ending stay the same as the script, just because the scenes are fluid as we shoot. And we actually had another ending that is really bleak. Bleak. I didn't hate it, because I'm used to films that are more melancholy. But I don't think it went down well with audiences."

Zhao gave more details about the much darker alternate ending, revealing that the film ends with "everybody back on the ship, minds erased and just going on to another planet:"

"It used to end with everybody back on the ship, minds erased and just going on to another planet, like The Twilight Zone. I remember when it goes to black, everyone was like, 'I don't know what to do.' And also, it's the MCU, and you want to be excited for what's next."

The veteran filmmaker then confirmed that the "depressing ending" also included Harry Styles' Eros, but she shared that it "didn't quite work out:"

"I can tell you why! Long story short, with that depressing ending, at some point he was going to be one of the Eternals on that ship. And that didn't quite work out."

Zhao's latest comment suggests that the image that McHugh shared was from the alternate ending scene.

Zhao's latest comments suggest that a full-blown reset was considered for the Eternals in their initial ending.

Many would agree that this darker take would've damaged the characters' respective journeys in the movie, especially after the director's admission that it didn't go well with test audiences.
    Last edited by juan678; 12-28-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Thanos and Eros

"I can tell you why! Long story short, with that depressing ending, at some point he was going to be one of the Eternals on that ship. And that didn't quite work out. But I had been wanting to bring Eros into the MCU. So I kept mentioning it to Kevin [Feige] at every chance I had in the hallway, because I love the idea of Eros being another Eternal, another Ajak."

Zhao went on to explain Eros' background stating that he "was stationed on Titan," just like how the Eternals' characters were stationed on Earth, and that Titan was "a host planet at some point" similar to how Earth was a host for Tiamut:

"He's an Eternal, and he was stationed on Titan – 10 of them were, just like the 10 Eternals on Earth, assuming Titan is also a host planet at some point. Now, if you think about that, what influence could Eros have had on the inhabitants of Titan, the way Ajak has influenced people on Earth? And how that has affected Thanos? If you go to the comics, there's some quite beautiful, heartbreaking influence Eros has had on Thanos."

"And how much does Thanos know? I love him as a character. It makes my imagination run wild thinking, 'Why does Thanos think this way? Why does he care about overpopulation and the destruction of his planet? Think about the emergency: Does Eros know? Maybe if he's a counselor, the way Ajak counseled kings and queens on Earth? It sets my imagination going. "

This unleashes my imagination. For me, the story of Eros is that he defected, he said, "I'm not going to do this anymore." So he somehow he got that sphere, which you saw in his hand, and he ran away and met Pip, the troll. They are like Han Solo and Chewie.

Arishem is looking for him and he is just an outlaw from space. That's the character he had in mind. But I never said to Kevin like this: “Here's the character. Let's find an actor. "It's a package to me. It has to be Harry. That's how I introduced him to Kevin [Feige]."
    Last edited by juan678; 12-28-2021 at 02:20 PM.