Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To those who don't like the show:

It's not going to get better, if you watch in hopes of that happening, you will always be disappointed.

Some viewers, like myself, enjoyed it from the beginning and thought it improved from there, ending on a high. We want to see it continue in the kind.

Now if you enjoy snarling at the TV about how bad the show is, go for it.

Fans will turn in for more of the same fun.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    To those who don't like the show:

It's not going to change its format/become the show you want because you want, if you watch in hopes of that happening, you will always be disappointed.

Some viewers, like myself, enjoyed it from the beginning and thought it improved from there, ending on a high. We want to see it continue in the kind.

Now if you enjoy snarling at the TV about how bad the show is, go for it.

Fans will turn in for more of the same fun.
    I changed it because I don't think it needs to get better. Jmho

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I changed it because I don't think it needs to get better. Jmho
    No it doesn't. But people who hate it but continue to watch for some reason, must think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    No it doesn't. But people who hate it but continue to watch for some reason, must think it does.
    I could be wrong but is that not kinda silly, watching a show you don't like, i do my hardest not to watch soaps because i don't like them, I don't watch reality tv for pretty much the same reason (big brother, x-factor, the voice etc)
    Just like if i can't get into a book series (the angel series from ms singh is the one that springs to mind) then i won't read it. I got plenty of tv to watch and catch up on (33 shows last count) to waste my time doing it.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I could be wrong but is that not kinda silly, watching a show you don't like
    Agreed. The only thing sillier to me than watching a show one knows they don't like, is when they keep posting in threads each week complaining they still don't like it.

It's as weird as "I didn't watch this movie, it was terrible" posts in the movie threads.

Incredible Member

The first half of AoS was so-so, probably on the verge of boring. But it started improving somewhere in the middle(Sif), and really started to improve once the Hydra thing happened.

So, I'm optimistic about the second season now.

I could be wrong but is that not kinda silly, watching a show you don't like, i do my hardest not to watch soaps because i don't like them, I don't watch reality tv for pretty much the same reason (big brother, x-factor, the voice etc)
    Just like if i can't get into a book series (the angel series from ms singh is the one that springs to mind) then i won't read it. I got plenty of tv to watch and catch up on (33 shows last count) to waste my time doing it.
    You are right. Maybe my feelings for the show didn't come through. I liked it a lot when it first came on and loved it when it ended. I thought they did a great job of building the characters and momentum towards the end, and tying it into the movies as well.
    But their seem to be a few that hate the show, hated it when it started, hated it when it ended, but continued to watch. I was addressing those folks. The want a show that SHIELD never was and never will be.

There have been times I watched shows I didn't like. "Heroes" comes to mind. But that was because the first season was so great I continued to hope, foolishly, that it would regain it's quality. It didn't.

Extraordinary Member

I was among those that gave up on the show about ten episodes in. I really, really wanted to like it because I've always loved the concept of SHIELD and Whedon and the guy who plays Coulson really won me over in the movies. But I'm sorry, it was just dull. Everything just seemed really inconsequential.

A lot of that changed after Winter Soldier. That movie was fantastic and I just had to see how it affected the show. There was FINALLY some tension. FINALLY some real consequences. The group had a traitor in their midst and were on the run from pretty much everybody. It actually turned into the kind of spy show I really hoped it would be (keep in mind, my hopes really weren't that high. It is on a network owned by Disney after all). From the big reveal on, it actually kept me coming back every week. Sure, there were still things I didn't like (I love Amy Acker, but the cellist episode came dangerously close to the pre-Hydra reveal episodes in terms of freak of the week. And that hokey old school SHIELD gear and the fact that they weren't shooting to kill those HYDRA agents in the season finale was just laughable), but overall from the HYDRA reveal on there was some pretty solid tv going on there.

I have to be honest, though. I'm kinda scared now that they aren't wanted fugitives anymore and that they got their fancy new digs that things are just going to revert to AOS pre reveal, with nothing but the freaks of the week to contend with. I'm willing to give it a go, though. I like Patton Oswalt and Triplett seems to be a vast improvement compared to Ward. I just want what they're doing to actually feel dangerous and not like just another week's adventure mountain climbing or whatever.

On the "hate watching" phenomenon, sometimes a show will start amazing in its first season or two (Heroes, Nip/Tuck, True Blood, Glee, Alias, etc.) and then decline in quality, but since I got addicted to the show and invested in the characters I'll keep watching in the hopes it will return to its former glory. So I'll keep watching ...episode by episode..in the hopes it will get better. And then since I already spent the time watching it, I may as well post about it with other fans/hatewatchers so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

When explained it does seem...irrational.

Agents of Shield is the only show I watched in "hopes it will get better" that actually did get better after the Hydra reveal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    On the "hate watching" phenomenon, sometimes a show will start amazing in its first season or two (Heroes, Nip/Tuck, True Blood, Glee, Alias, etc.) and then decline in quality, but since I got addicted to the show and invested in the characters I'll keep watching in the hopes it will return to its former glory. So I'll keep watching ...episode by episode..in the hopes it will get better. And then since I already spent the time watching it, I may as well post about it with other fans/hatewatchers so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

When explained it does seem...irrational.

Agents of Shield is the only show I watched in "hopes it will get better" that actually did get better after the Hydra reveal.
    I'm starting to get the "hate watching" thing. For some, it's fun to snark on a show in a forum that encourages that sort of thing. The problem is that for people who genuinely like the show, it's tiresome to read negative posts from the same people over and over.

BANNED

So what is Jed and Maurissa going to sing about in season 2 ?