Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked Cyborg in this shot. A problem he has in the comics is that his interactions with the league tend to be too stiff. Outside of his moments with Flash, the rest are interchangeable.

Ironically his live action appearances avoid this. The JL big 7 can't be a found family like the Titans or DP can. Which is why I prefer he has both teams to fall back on.
    Cyborg is at a strange impasse, put him on the JL and he gets called a token member especially since he's the only guy without an ongoing on a team of characters who are all franchise headliners but put him on literally any other team and it's considered a demotion. Even if it's a team like the Titans where he was introduced and the bulk of his character development and popularity is owed to.

Cyborg needs his own ongoing in order to build up his mythology and niche within the DCU while also being on team that bolsters his popularity and also draws readers to his ongoing.

Personally, I think Cyborg and Babs should lead a new iteration of Birds of Prey.

I think it's only seen as a demotion if he's not doing anything notable on other teams too. Doom Patrol Cyborg is a fan favorite because he seems to fit in really well and is written much better than he usually tends to be in the comics. While I've yet to hear something great about him in Titans Academy.

There's also people who'd just rather have him hang out with the big guns as opposed to the B-listers, since if there's the perception that he might be underutilized anyway, at least he gets a more prominent spotlight when he's surrounded by the former as opposed to the latter. Even smaller things like seeing him in the Super-Pets trailer with that awesome design with the Afro that people seem to really love on social media, that wouldn't happen if Cyborg wasn't in the Justice League.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

That Super Pets Cyborg looks atrocious. I hate it.

Anyone remember the Cyborg issues with the Mind Wyrmms? Those were my favourite issues, just because they reminded me of the Moloko song "Fun For Me."

Also, Six Flags Great Adventure is apparently removing Cyborg Cyber Spin... it was one of my favourite rides at the park! This is most unorthodox!!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Cyborg is in the DC Super Pets flick.

That’s a improvement

Loved that shot of Cyborg in the trailer. Love the fro, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    That Super Pets Cyborg looks atrocious. I hate it.
    I shall not tolerate any Cyborg Afro slander here, sir/ma'am. Young Khary Payton wants to have a word with you.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I shall not tolerate any Cyborg Afro slander here, sir/ma'am. Young Khary Payton wants to have a word with you.

I'm non-binary, and young Khary actually looks hot.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Is it weird he kind of reminds me of Liam from Mass Effect Andromeda?

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think it's only seen as a demotion if he's not doing anything notable on other teams too. Doom Patrol Cyborg is a fan favorite because he seems to fit in really well and is written much better than he usually tends to be in the comics. While I've yet to hear something great about him in Titans Academy.

There's also people who'd just rather have him hang out with the big guns as opposed to the B-listers, since if there's the perception that he might be underutilized anyway, at least he gets a more prominent spotlight when he's surrounded by the former as opposed to the latter. Even smaller things like seeing him in the Super-Pets trailer with that awesome design with the Afro that people seem to really love on social media, that wouldn't happen if Cyborg wasn't in the Justice League.
    The graphics were great, but that design and take on Vic is, um ....different. I get that its partially a homage to the original, however the issue remains that the O.G. look is still clunky and outdated. I feel part of the problem with getting new fans is the look is all off, in addition to bad and restrictive writing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The graphics were great, but that design and take on Vic is, um ....different. I get that its partially a homage to the original, however the issue remains that the O.G. look is still clunky and outdated. I feel part of the problem with getting new fans is the look is all off, in addition to bad and restrictive writing.
    That's probably part of why they keep him in the faceplate (which is unappealing in most incarnations and probably stops some people from fully investing in him). DC changes his look so drastically across different projects that sometimes the only way to identify him is by slapping metal on a third of his face.

And I've been meaning to ask this but what are the possibilities of Vic being in the Suicide Squad game? It was being developed at the height of his push on the League and I find it interesting that Gizmo, a villain commonly associated with Cyborg, pops up in the trailer. Plus Vic's cybernetics interacting with Brainiac's tech could open interesting story possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's probably part of why they keep him in the faceplate (which is unappealing in most incarnations and probably stops some people from fully investing in him). DC changes his look so drastically across different projects that sometimes the only way to identify him is by slapping metal on a third of his face.

And I've been meaning to ask this but what are the possibilities of Vic being in the Suicide Squad game? It was being developed at the height of his push on the League and I find it interesting that Gizmo, a villain commonly associated with Cyborg, pops up in the trailer. Plus Vic's cybernetics interacting with Brainiac's tech could open interesting story possibilities.
    Hmmmm, I will say this. His synergy from Doom Patrol and interest from JL movie is underestimated and I think it could be furthered by including Victor in the game.

Wow, Khary Payton with hair is amazing.
    I think it's possible, although judging by the trailer he might not be the physical presence that Superman, Flash, and GL are unless they're saving him for a surprise reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hmmmm, I will say this. His synergy from Doom Patrol and interest from JL movie is underestimated and I think it could be furthered by including Victor in the game.
    I guess it's possible there could be additional JL members aside from the ones shown in the trailer, but realistically how well would Cyborg fare in a game called "Kill the Justice League". He's no longer treated as a core JL member so if he's there, he would likely either be the first boss or a sub-boss and he'll get torn apart again, and this time probably killed as opposed to just being incapacitated.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-01-2021 at 12:07 PM.

I guess it's possible there could be additional JL members aside from the ones shown in the trailer, but realistically how well would Cyborg fare in a game called "Kill the Justice League". He's no longer treated as a core JL member so if he's there, he would likely either be the first boss or a sub-boss and he'll get torn apart again, and this time probably killed as opposed to just being incapacitated.
    Lol, well maybe its for the better. Death, to be resurrected at a later time, in more capable hands.

Incredible Member

I recently watched an episode of Doom Patrol (s03e09) where Vic's father and he were speaking post body augmentation surgery. Cyborgs armor was removed and his human external appearance was returned to him.

Doom Patrol is a very good show and, while Doom Patrol Cyborg isn't perfect, the writers have done a decent job of depicting Cyborg. In fact i wonder if they've been following the Cyborg appreciation threads. Much of what we have lamented regarding the character has been addressed in the show. I've noticed this before and mentioned it but t really came to a head after the episode i mentioned.

This Cyborg may not be the one some of us wanted but it's been a solid take on the character thus far.
    Don't complain. Create.