Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I appreciate what they wanted to do with Cyborg and he's extremely fun across different mediums. But then sometimes... well...

Does anyone remember the character “Axel” from the vehicle survival match game “Twisted Metal 2?” My brother used to force me to play that game with him when we were kids. Axel was a black man who stood on this mechanical platform with each arm strapped to a giant tire. Whenever he got badly damaged, one of his would arms would rip off…. Lol. I remember being really struck by it. Even with its primitive graphics, it seemed so gory.

Cyborg reminds me of Axel.
    Last edited by TiaraPenny; 06-19-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TiaraPenny View Post
    I appreciate what they wanted to do with Cyborg and he's extremely fun across different mediums. But then sometimes... well...

Does anyone remember the character “Axel” from the vehicle survival match game “Twisted Metal 2?” My brother used to force me to play that game with him when we were kids. Axel was a black man who stood on this mechanical platform with each arm strapped to a giant tire. Whenever he got badly damaged, one of his would arms would rip off…. Lol. I remember being really struck by it. Even with its primitive graphics, it seemed so gory.

Cyborg reminds me of Axel.
    Many fans and professionals like Ray Fisher and writers like David Walker and John Semper jr. have address concerns about Cyborg and the way he is presented but they just don't want to hear it. They will not make the necessary (permanent) changes to make Vic/Cyborg more relevant and more human looking since as almost everyone knows today's cybernetics technology can be very microscopic takes to nano-technology. But in Cyborg Rebirth comic book series in 2016 the writer John Semper jr. specifically didn't want Cyborg to be seen in any scene dismembered out of respect for the character. and in the Justice League movie Ray Fisher fought to not have him torn in half when he battled Stephenwolf. But honestly I was kind of horrified when I saw Vic/Cyborg torn in half and little more than a torso in Batman v Superman. And I knew a lot of people would be turn off about it. I don't think that DC and people like Geoff Johns, a producer on the Justice League movie, really understands what representation means but what can you do when they refuse to change him in any meaningful way? Cyborg in the Smallville tv show is probably the most respectable way to present him while still staying true to the character from the comics.
    Last edited by abetterday; 06-19-2021 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

This Cyborg redesign got a lot of praise in the linked comments.

https://www.deviantart.com/jprart/ar...sion-321113233

I'd combine it with this from Young Justice:

He wears clothing but can choose in a moment which cells become cybernetic--then he can revert back as he pleases.

Alas, that will never happen. Robots, cyborgs, and healing factor types are easy fodder for disrespect because they can be put back together, and the folks entrenched in the past want an ugly faceplate. Oh, well-- There are other characters.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I have a new origin for Cyborg... he's a normal kid, missing a limb, but when he goes to get a mechanical replacement, it becomes infected with biotechnology, which changes and engulfs his body. He faints during this, and when he wakes up, the scientists who were helping start expressing their sorrow and pity for him, but he just writes it off, saying "What are you, crazy? This is way better!" Me and my scriptwriter are going to use that in a Justice League origin story.

However... I think the origin from YJO is the funniest thing I've ever seen that isn't supposed to be funny. "YOUUUUU RUUUUUINED ME... MURDERED MAH FUTCHA..." and then trying to kill everyone... lmao!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This Cyborg redesign got a lot of praise in the linked comments.

https://www.deviantart.com/jprart/ar...sion-321113233

I'd combine it with this from Young Justice:

He wears clothing but can choose in a moment which cells become cybernetic--then he can revert back as he pleases.

Alas, that will never happen. Robots, cyborgs, and healing factor types are easy fodder for disrespect because they can be put back together, and the folks entrenched in the past want an ugly faceplate. Oh, well-- There are other characters.
    That's where I'm at and have been for a long time. I've saved a lot of money due to DC not making the necessary changes to Cyborgs character. In addition my own designs have been developed so it's not a complete loss lol. I simply refuse to give DC money for anything until they get Cyborg back on track (outside of Redjacks work).
    Don't complain. Create.

On the cover of JL 68: https://www.instagram.com/p/CP_dLckhbyy/

Not sure if him being on a JL cover actually means anything but I also noticed he isn't mentioned in any of the new Titans solicits.

Incredible Member

That's surprising and unexpected (to me).

And the image shows him in the better looking armor.

*sigh*

Mm. Thanks for sharing.
    Don't complain. Create.

Kind of reminds me of the Injustice 2 design, which is one of the bulkier looks I don't actually mind.

Incredible Member

That's a surprise. hopefully he'll get more screen time than what he got in Teen Titans Academy. And seeing a Cyborg villain and his father would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    On the cover of JL 68: https://www.instagram.com/p/CP_dLckhbyy/

Not sure if him being on a JL cover actually means anything but I also noticed he isn't mentioned in any of the new Titans solicits.
    I mean I assumed given his Professor Cyborg status with his combined history of Justice League and Titans that he can just show up to help the League when needed.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I assumed given his Professor Cyborg status with his combined history of Justice League and Titans that he can just show up to help the League when needed.
    I believe Bendis did say before that different Leaguers outside of the core cast could make appearances in different stories. In the background you can also see some JLI members too, so if this is a "reunion" issue of sorts then it makes sense that Cyborg is there too.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-20-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    That's a surprise. hopefully he'll get more screen time than what he got in Teen Titans Academy. And seeing a Cyborg villain and his father would be nice.
    Of course, it has to be Grid. He's the most famous Cyborg villain, right?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Of course, it has to be Grid. He's the most famous Cyborg villain, right?
    I believe he is. Or maybe Ron/Roni Evers. I would personally like to see Ron Evers come back or maybe even Roni Evers from the Doom Patrol Show. I would also like to see Mekkan X from the cancelled Cyborg series. His story arc was never finished but his first appearance is still in demand going above cover price.

Incredible Member

Scientists are now actually on the way to making cyborgs. According to an article on newatlas.com entitled 'CRISPR used to build dual-core computers inside human cells', scientists using a modified CRISPR Gene editing tool found a way to slot dual-core processors into human cells. Who knows, maybe if it becomes more popular it could be used to modify Cyborg permanently the way some fans want. Or maybe it could be used as a spring board for other Cyborg projects in other media.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Scientists are now actually on the way to making cyborgs. According to an article on newatlas.com entitled 'CRISPR used to build dual-core computers inside human cells', scientists using a modified CRISPR Gene editing tool found a way to slot dual-core processors into human cells. Who knows, maybe if it becomes more popular it could be used to modify Cyborg permanently the way some fans want. Or maybe it could be used as a spring board for other Cyborg projects in other media.
    He already got a boost in popularity from ZSJL, didn't he. You think that would be enough to get him other projects