Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Concept art for Cyborg in the JL/RWBY crossover.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/9181675.html
    It's a fun crossover. I decided to check out the first couple of issues and I was surprised I liked it. Naturally names like "Blake Belladonna" didn't ring a bell to me at all, but Bennett is doing a good job with it, and I always liked Lupacchino's art. Cyborg will first show up in the 6th digital chapter I believe, which is out on April 13.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-04-2021 at 09:11 AM.

I wanted an action figure of this so badly.

43037049-82C5-4EDF-8CEB-A6369ADA70AB.jpg

It’s purposely trying to bury a character when you revert away from the greatest design a character has ever had. It was near unanimous that this was the most amazing this character ever looked. It was the most amazing his power had ever been conceptualized. It was the only time this character was viewed as next gen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post

It’s purposely trying to bury a character when you revert away from the greatest design a character has ever had. It was near unanimous that this was the most amazing this character ever looked. It was the most amazing his power had ever been conceptualized. It was the only time this character was viewed as next gen.
    IMO it would've been way better than the DCEU design

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    IMO it would've been way better than the DCEU design
    The DCEU design is what I would expect for the initial look. I would imagine that any future films would’ve had Vic advance to look more like the Reis design.

Walker was on Word Balloon and he said he would like to write a Cyborg YA graphic novel in the same vein as the Raven & Beast Boy ones. Reason being that there’s been very little work done with Vic as an actual “teen” and he thinks there’s potential there. Also he wants it outside the mainline so it’s not affected by the constant reboots and relaunches of the main DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was looking around and I'm surprised there isn't a figure of this design.

I do like the Bourassa one though:

The DCEU design is what I would expect for the initial look. I would imagine that any future films would’ve had Vic advance to look more like the Reis design.
    I think the Bourassa design is more what I would expect from an initial look and then from there Vic just streamlines his body.

But I also thought his movie look wasn't the best. Too messy, too much CGI, and kind of dull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Walker was on Word Balloon and he said he would like to write a Cyborg YA graphic novel in the same vein as the Raven & Beast Boy ones. Reason being that there’s been very little work done with Vic as an actual “teen” and he thinks there’s potential there. Also he wants it outside the mainline so it’s not affected by the constant reboots and relaunches of the main DCU.
    I know the author of the Raven and Beast Boy novels said they were interested in doing books of all five cartoon Titans.

I think Vic would be a great choice for a YA graphic novel. I think sometimes they forget about the teen aspect because of placing him with the Justice League.

Ultimate Member

yeah, that makes sense.

The fact that they scrapped this design just proves to me DC never truly knew what the hell they were doing with this character for the past decade. Smh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

It's images like these that are a major part of why i continue to check this thread. How can anyone look at this design as a comic / sci fi fan and not smile? I'm sure everyone knows how i feel about the face plate ( it needs to go) but i'm willing to ....tolerate it ... when the rest of the design looks like that and if the story is well written. He's got the tech. He's got the look (for the most part). DC had the win in their hands.

DC ... constantly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when it comes to Cyborg.

I think i'm in the minority with regard to the walking tank armor design but , minus the face plate, i really liked it. Cyborg exuded power with this look.
    Last edited by Customizer; 04-04-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didn't Cyborg join the Justice League while still in high school? With the way they draw him I tend to forget he should be about late teens early twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Didn't Cyborg join the Justice League while still in high school? With the way they draw him I tend to forget he should be about late teens early twenties.
    Yep in “Origins”, but then they jumped ahead 5 years so he would be about 22-23 years old in the “present”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    It's images like these that are a major part of why i continue to check this thread. How can anyone look at this design as a comic / sci fi fan and not smile? I'm sure everyone knows how i feel about the face plate ( it needs to go) but i'm willing to ....tolerate it ... when the rest of the design looks like that and if the story is well written. He's got the tech. He's got the look (for the most part). DC had the win in their hands.

DC ... constantly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when it comes to Cyborg.

I think i'm in the minority with regard to the walking tank armor design but , minus the face plate, i really liked it. Cyborg exuded power with this look.
    Isn't this his Forever Evil design? Around when they were moving away from the "tank" look.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't this his Forever Evil design? Around when they were moving away from the "tank" look.

It's slightly different yes but that general design is one that appeals to me.

Cyborgs armor has changed so many times. The character really needs to be depicted as possessing armor change capability in the comics (consistently).
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    It's slightly different yes but that general design is one that appeals to me.

Cyborgs armor has changed so many times. The character really needs to be depicted as possessing armor change capability in the comics (consistently).
    I think with the way his visual works it makes sense that it would be variable or change over time.

Extraordinary Member

I think this is the last applicable thread for me to spam this news in but the Asian Superhero anthology special will feature a Katana/Cyborg/Blue Beetle team up.