Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Why did I want his history with the Titans returned? Because then we get simple scenes like this where he rushes in to help his friend who he has a long standing history with. ALSO....cool to see he can fly.

For context, this is the preview for the next issue of Nightwing. Dick got knocked out and now that he’s conscious again he quickly called off the attack team that was on its way, because you know they care about their friend.
    The exact sort of thing I was missing.

Incredible Member

Why did I want his history with the Titans returned? Because then we get simple scenes like this where he rushes in to help his friend who he has a long standing history with. ALSO....cool to see he can fly.

For context, this is the preview for the next issue of Nightwing. Dick got knocked out and now that he’s conscious again he quickly called off the attack team that was on its way, because you know they care about their friend.
    Honestly...little examples of feats / abilities were one of the reasons i enjoyed JL: Odyssey before the character direction shift despite not really liking Cyborgs armor style (which grew on me).

Simple images like this go a long way towards building a dedicated character fan base whom a company can turn into the foundation of an increasingly popular character.

Which we all know here already.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Jenny Nicholson addresses how nonsensical the Cyborg clothing situation is here.

Legit chuckled at the Cyborg segment lol
    Last edited by Customizer; 07-18-2021 at 04:02 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    what we were promised vs what we got

This just made me extremely angry, I thought you were exaggerating...wow.

I might actually read it though since I love Jess, I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I'd be on board if this came with a series and serious writer attached to it. If DC can find a Hickman like figure to completely revamp the Titans (without the kids and League stepping in) then I'd be all for it.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

https://i2.wp.com/aiptcomics.com/wp-...82-4.jpg?ssl=1

This very page is representative of exactly whats wrong with Victor being dragged back in Titans, he becomes a character who just there in the background. People can have their history restored and acknowledged without being dragged back to the past. I dont mind his history with the Titans, but the character is capable of far greater things than being just being a team member of Titans. And one who becomes an afterthought at that, put in the back, while characters like Nightwing, Starfire, Wondergirl get most of the focus and spotlight.

He is a character with potential to have his own Technological franchise, but DC put him to be a background character in a team and them make him a Home Economics Teacher!. No, he doesnt even get to teach his niche which is Technology or science, seriously DC. In this Information and Technology age that we live in , this is how you treat a character like Cyborg.
    Last edited by HunterX; 07-26-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    This very page is representative of exactly whats wrong with Victor being dragged back in Titans, he becomes a character who just there in the background. People can have their history restored and acknowledged without being dragged back to the past. I dont mind his history with the Titans, but the character is capable of far greater things than being just being a team member of Titans. And one who becomes an afterthought at that, put in the back, while characters like Nightwing, Starfire, Wondergirl get most of the focus and spotlight.

He is a character with potential to have his own Technological franchise, but DC put him to be a background character in a team and them make him a Home Economics Teacher!. No, he doesnt even get to teach his niche which is Technology or science, seriously DC. In this Information and Technology age that we live in , this is how you treat a character like Cyborg.
    All of the Titans are background characters now. Its sad.

Astonishing Member

And even Starfire only really gets focus because she's part of Nightwing's harem and doesn't have much agency outside their romance when on the same team. Most of the Titans have outgrown the team and should be doing bigger and better things, because at its core the Titans brand is about young heroes. No writer has been able to successfully carve out a sustainable status quo for the OG members that didn't result in them either becoming mentors to a new generation or being the Justice League Jr.

Once they aged into their 20's they should've been treated like fully formed members of the superhero community and upgraded to new positions, leaving the Titans name to the new kids. Cyborg as the lead of JLO was a novel idea and I wish it sold better and had a stronger hook. That could've been the space for non-GL cosmic characters but DC consistently underuses and fails to consolidate those IPs. And if they do ever relaunch the title it'll probably be without Vic and Star on it despite them being natural fits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And even Starfire only really gets focus because she's part of Nightwing's harem and doesn't have much agency outside their romance when on the same team. Most of the Titans have outgrown the team and should be doing bigger and better things, because at its core the Titans brand is about young heroes. No writer has been able to successfully carve out a sustainable status quo for the OG members that didn't result in them either becoming mentors to a new generation or being the Justice League Jr.

Once they aged into their 20's they should've been treated like fully formed members of the superhero community and upgraded to new positions, leaving the Titans name to the new kids. Cyborg as the lead of JLO was a novel idea and I wish it sold better and had a stronger hook. That could've been the space for non-GL cosmic characters but DC consistently underuses and fails to consolidate those IPs. And if they do ever relaunch the title it'll probably be without Vic and Star on it despite them being natural fits.
    Dont let starfire fans hear you say this. But most of this is true, I still vote for Raven to join JLD, the movies made me realize she fits right in with Constantine and Etrigan.

This is why I was against it in the first place, him being back with the Titans doesn't mean anything if his team is wallpaper status. Even being sidelined in the main JL and satellite titles is better than being a Titan right now.

Agreed, and the sample clip just illustes how dumb it is that Cyborg can only be enjoyed as Dick's subordinate. This whole, Vic needs to be in the Titans is basically a call for him to be form fitted for whatever incarnation of a team that he by rights could be leading.

Don't let Didio and Johns 20 year long sabotaging of the Titans franchise fool you, they were once DC's biggest selling the title. They've stopped universe conquering demons, alien invasions, murderous cults and evil counterpart teams. Their whole premise is about coming into their own and becoming something even better than their predecessor heroes. The Titans once had potential to surpass and supplant their JL predecessors. There is no inherent problem with Cyborg being on the JL, the problem is how they handled it by just randomly sticking him on the JL with no prior build up. It could have worked if they had taken Robinson's JL approach and had him join the League with his Titans history intact. Vic can be both a Titan and JL member as well as his own solo character. What's happening now is that after years of sabotaging and mismanagement, DC is trying to salvage each Titans past history while at the same time trying to push them into new direction. That's why Roy's daughter was brought back while he himself is a black lantern, Wally got lost in the speed force, Dick is getting a retread of the Dixon era and Cyborg is hanging with Donna and the other Titans again.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    All of the Titans are background characters now. Its sad.
    well they are so many characters, with the whole Titans academy thing.

Most of the Titans have outgrown the team and should be doing bigger and better things, because at its core the Titans brand is about young heroes.
    yup, agree on that

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Don't let Didio and Johns 20 year long sabotaging of the Titans franchise fool you, they were once DC's biggest selling the title. They've stopped universe conquering demons, alien invasions, murderous cults and evil counterpart teams. Their whole premise is about coming into their own and becoming something even better than their predecessor heroes. The Titans once had potential to surpass and supplant their JL predecessors. There is no inherent problem with Cyborg being on the JL, the problem is how they handled it by just randomly sticking him on the JL with no prior build up. It could have worked if they had taken Robinson's JL approach and had him join the League with his Titans history intact. Vic can be both a Titan and JL member as well as his own solo character. What's happening now is that after years of sabotaging and mismanagement, DC is trying to salvage each Titans past history while at the same time trying to push them into new direction. That's why Roy's daughter was brought back while he himself is a black lantern, Wally got lost in the speed force, Dick is getting a retread of the Dixon era and Cyborg is hanging with Donna and the other Titans again.
    Johns had one of the more popular recent runs on Teen Titans, which seems a bit odd for someone trying to sabotage the franchise

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Johns had one of the more popular recent runs on Teen Titans, which seems a bit odd for someone trying to sabotage the franchise
    Johns run set the stage for the YJ cast being derailed. Everything people rightly roast Lobdell for was started with Johns and the writers who came after him. Honestly, his run wasn't good and owes its popularity to the crowd who think 'dark and edgy= mature and good'.