Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast
    BANNED

Here are all the best parts of Cyborg that I would combine in one interpretation if I could.

Best Actor/Personality:

Best Face (seems inspired by Lee Thompson Young):

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-02-2021 at 10:28 PM.

BANNED

Best Body Suit:

Best Power Set:

BANNED

Best Artist:

BANNED

Best Battle Gear:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Best Artist:

Grown Man Cyborg for the absolute win ! That image exudes grit and determination.

I swear i detected just the faintest hint of "Colonel H. Stinkmeaner" from the Boondocks in Khary Paytons Cyborg from Teen Titans. Just a pinch lol.

Thank you for sharing
    Last edited by Customizer; 10-03-2021 at 01:21 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well DC is trying to bury Vic but unfortunately for them he’s a part of one of the best comic book shows around, the Doom Patrol. I have really loved this version of Cyborg. The young straight laced blue chip superhero destined for the starting lineup of the Justice League who gets caught up with a group of weirdos. It’s like the cool jock who finally accepts the fact that he’s actually a nerd.

The show has done such a great job of portraying Vic and Silas’ dynamic.
    Heard nothing but good things about Doom Patrol and Cyborg's portrayal on it, I would've started watching it long ago if I didn't have so many other things I need to binge already. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Heard nothing but good things about Doom Patrol and Cyborg's portrayal on it, I would've started watching it long ago if I didn't have so many other things I need to binge already. lol
    Hard same...

I've seen a few clips of DP, and it does look like a ton of weird ass fun, and I like how they handle Vic. But I don't have the time to watch the stuff I already have in que so Doom Patrol just isn't gonna happen. Not any time soon anyway.

I do plan on getting HBOMax once Young Justice 4 is up and running (watching that is a tradition with my son) so maybe I'll try to catch up with DP then......

Fact that DC isn't using Vic still boggles my mind. You look at threads like this, and there's so many great ideas out there for him. Makes me wish DC did some kind of "play to pay" fanfic thing, where people could put their work out there and if it proves popular, have it used on a professional level, with some minor royalty payout or something.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-03-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Cyborg on Doom Patrol is awesome. He's basically the only actual hero and the only one competent at it. The acting is great, particularly the scenes with his father, AND he's shown as sexually active and he's just cool. He's a nice, suave, cool, tolerant of weirdos, and super intelligent hero and man and absolutely a joy to watch on screen. And he's fine, regardless of faceplate. Best portrayal of Vic anywhere, imo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Fact that DC isn't using Vic still boggles my mind. You look at threads like this, and there's so many great ideas out there for him. Makes me wish DC did some kind of "play to pay" fanfic thing, where people could put their work out there and if it proves popular, have it used on a professional level, with some minor royalty payout or something.

All of this^

There's an existing Cyborg fanbase that knows how they want to see Victor depicted, how they want him written and will pay for the content. If DC doesn't have concrete plans for him there *are* writers / creatives who can and would step up to provide character direction and content. Even if the tales were non canon but written and drawn well i have the utmost confidence they would be well received.

If DC doesn't want to do the work regarding Cyborg simply step aside and let someone else who knows what they are doing handle the character and *profit from that work*. Everyone wins.

To turn away profit while not actually doing anything with the character strikes me as odd at the very least.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

Regarding Doom Patrol - i've seen every episode and season 2 was very meta. It's a well written show. The way Cyborg is visually depicted is ...fine.....but it's secondary to the actors performance and the script. It's good enough to forget about everything else you may not like.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

This is strange. Last week on amazon.com Cyborg vol. 1 The Imitation of Life (Rebirth) written by John Semper Jr. was listed as being #603 in DC Comics and Graphic Novels. And David F. Walker's Cyborg vol. 1 Unplugged was listed as being some where in the 2000s range in DC Comics and Graphic Novels. But this week Cyborg vol. 1 written by John Semper jr. is # 1,466 and Cyborg vol. 1 Unplugged by David F. Walker is now # 776 in DC Comics and Graphic Novels. I wonder what's causing the massive swing in sales? Maybe Zach Snyder's Justice League?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    This is strange. Last week on amazon.com Cyborg vol. 1 The Imitation of Life (Rebirth) written by John Semper Jr. was listed as being #603 in DC Comics and Graphic Novels. And David F. Walker's Cyborg vol. 1 Unplugged was listed as being some where in the 2000s range in DC Comics and Graphic Novels. But this week Cyborg vol. 1 written by John Semper jr. is # 1,466 and Cyborg vol. 1 Unplugged by David F. Walker is now # 776 in DC Comics and Graphic Novels. I wonder what's causing the massive swing in sales? Maybe Zach Snyder's Justice League?
    That tends to happen to certain titles that are not in the top 300 or so.

And are you looking at trade paper back or Kindle sales.

Comixology has a hand in that as well. And that is where Kindle fits in.

Semper's Cyborg is now unlimited read on Comixology. Along with his other 2 volumes going for $5. each.

Walker is $5 each with single issues at $1.69.

It's 9:30 in my state and Walker's Cyborg volume is now

Kindle
    #14,679 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #32,164 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Trade
    #865 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #3,253 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Incredible Member

This is amazing. All the way back in 1863 author Samuel Butler wrote a book titled 'the Book of Machines'. According to wikipedia he thought that machines will eventually surpass human intelligence, become sentient and dominate and control humans on Earth. So he advocated destroying all machines and living a more primal life. In Cyborg Rebirth written by John Semper jr. the evolution of machines in rulers over mankind was the central theme.

symbosis.jpg

Butler's work is probably a precursor the creation of cyborgs and other works such as the Darwin among machines by George Dyson and Man-Computer Symbosis by J.C.R. licklider.

Mighty Member

Cyborg in Doom Patrol has awesome personality but is VERY low tech compared to his comics. It really grates me.