Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I feel like I underestimated how popular Khary Payton's Cyborg was. I mean, he's part of why "Booyah" is even a thing, but in-spite of his looks it seems like he was really popular.
This.

Where is he getting all this information from though? He went from saying it was a “comprehensive market study” to saying “my mind” that’s a bit sketched.
Surveys are done all the time and in all sorts of forms.

What folks forget is Cyborg in the same boat as Storm and Falcon.
When you are the DEFAULT POC-you can be top on lists because you have no competition.

Lets take Cyborg-what other black hero (let alone POC) did you see under the DC banner in all media? Before John Stewart and Justice League era-it was Cyborg.
In terms of merchandise-CYBORG.

In terms of toys-it was Cyborg. Nubia got a figure in expectation of her appearance on Wonder Woman that never happened. Black Lighting got one in Total Justice and Steel had his from that movie.

So in this case I would say in terms of recognition Cyborg is 3rd. Khary Payton and everything else is a BONUS. Lets not forget wasn't Cyborg and Titans used in anti drug campaigns?

When Cap America Winter Soldier came out-more folks I met talked about Falcon more than Cap America. Marvel milked that.

Now we have the same thing with Cyborg and that movie. Why NOT milk it?

At WORST what could happen? We saw Falcon lead the Avengers & Mighty Avengers, 5 regular books, 1 statute as CA, 6 figures, have 2 solo, 2 minis, 1 one shot and now on a tv show as a lead. 13 trades with him as a lead? 7 solo volumes?

How many would take that?