Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast

Looks like Cyborg joined the Justice League in the Young Justice cartoon beginning with the first episode of the new season.

Incredible Member

Cyborg on the Justice League is a good thing but I continue to be curious as to why (besides his father) none of his supporting characters or villains appear in these projects. It's a bit like modern day blackface or placating.
    Last edited by abetterday; 10-17-2021 at 10:39 AM.

BANNED

It's called tokenism or secondary status.

Aqualad didn't have this issue, so it's a Cyborg thing.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-06-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Which is sad because he does have potentially interesting supporting cast members beside his father

His grandparents
    Sarah Charles snd Simms
    LeTonya Charles
    Roni Evers/Ron Evers
    Blue Evans
    Britton Claire

I’m glad to see Cyborg on the JL and YJ has been decent at develop or at least showcasing minor heroes in some form better than the comics and the world around them but it’s just a matter of time and episode count but this is something the comics didn’t even take full advantage of unfortunately.

I have been loving his arc in season 3 of Doom Patrol as well, and hope he is going to get some shine in YJ Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Cyborg on the Justice League is a good thing but I continue to be curious as to why (besides his father) none of his supporting characters or villains appear in these projects. It's a bit like modern day blackface or placating.
    We had a few of them in season 3.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We had a few of them in season 3.
    Yeah, we got his dad, Sarah Charles, and Ron Evers. It's not much, but it's much better than what Jaime Reyes got in terms of supporting cast in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, we got his dad, Sarah Charles, and Ron Evers. It's not much, but it's much better than what Jaime Reyes got in terms of supporting cast in the series.
    Kind of funny that Jaime's family got more screentime in one Teen Titans movie than they did in Young Justice .

Yeah I'm not gonna be too upset that most of Vic's supporting cast and villains didn't make it into season 3. The same can be said for a whole lot of characters.

Vic has gotten more screen time than Cassie, Tim, Arrowette, and plenty more. Hell, Roy has been in the show since episode one and we have yet to see anything of his past.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Young Justice really isn't interested in supporting characters. Even Brave and the Bold had more of Jaime's supporting cast in it than Young Justice. Heck, I think the same thing could probably be said for Batman

Cyborg is in the DC Super Pets flick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

This movie was definitely done before the pandemic
    Can’t wait for Rays comments when it drops

Loving the afro!

And he’s not just in generic armor.

I liked Cyborg in this shot. A problem he has in the comics is that his interactions with the league tend to be too stiff. Outside of his moments with Flash, the rest are interchangeable.

Ironically his live action appearances avoid this. The JL big 7 can't be a found family like the Titans or DP can. Which is why I prefer he has both teams to fall back on.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-23-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Aqualad doesn’t have the issue because he’s a legacy lol. Most of the things that make him interesting derive from a preexisting popular character in Aquaman so it’s easy for his mythos to be represented in a team context. Cyborg has the issue of being a standalone property where the only remotely compelling supporting character he has is Silas, who does show up now and then like in Young Justice or the DCEU.

Outside of him though there’s a steep drop off, in large part because Vic’s other supporting characters (namely Sarah Charles and TO Morrow) are just inferior versions of Silas, concerned scientists that do his repairs and give him emotional support. If Vic was ever gonna thrive as a solo property DC should’ve expanded his side characters to be more dynamic and interesting so they don’t all serve the same base niche. Which is why if he ever does get another solo push I hope they either incorporate more heroes into the story for Vic to work with (Red Tornado, Metal Men, etc) or build on characters like Exxy, Black Narcissus (still an atrocious name lol), and Blue. Preferably both.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Looks like they're going with his 80's look...just with an afro .