Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I’d argue they’re was atleast some initial jealousy or resentment for the character from the Titans fan base at the very least. I honestly think of Cyborg was just handed a book at the start of the New52 it would of struggled. I think Aquaman’s success in the New52 comes from the buildup before he got his title.

Personally I would of argued the best course of action would of been having stories at the end of the JL book that focused on Cyborg similar to what Johns did for Shazam. Whether it be Johns doing it himself or whoever would of eventually penned Cyborg. I think it would of been the way to get people talking on wanted a separate title to collect Cyborg’s stories similar to the want there was for Johns long awaited Shazam book

It’s possible it would of worked though at the start of the New52 but it definitely would of needed a leg up like some high profiled writer to garner interest or an event like Origins or Forever Evil to kick it off.

Are there any plans for Cy in Infinite Frontier era? I haven't seen all the solicits
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Are there any plans for Cy in Infinite Frontier era? I haven't seen all the solicits
    He’ll be in Titans Academy and that’s it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’ll be in Titans Academy and that’s it.
    Well that's depressing
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I mean if it’s good or not remains to be seen but I’ll take it as a win that Victor has his full history back.

Because Sheridan seems to be writing him as such: New Teen Titans by Wolfman happened, then he was with the Titans for years and then he went off and joined the Justice League but now he’s back as Professor Stone (much better then Mr. Cyborg) to help teach the potential next generation of superheroes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean if it’s good or not remains to be seen but I’ll take it as a win that Victor has his full history back.

Because Sheridan seems to be writing him as such: New Teen Titans by Wolfman happened, then he was with the Titans for years and then he went off and joined the Justice League but now he’s back as Professor Stone (much better then Mr. Cyborg) to help teach the potential next generation of superheroes.
    He could do that while still being in the League though. Give him a part-time JL membership and have him bounce between the Titans and whenever the JL needs him. He could easily be one of the additional members like Green Arrow or Black Canary are these days, when they're not usually core JL members but they always add a lot to it whenever they are there. Otherwise it's bad optics to just toss him back to the B-team especially with how well received his role in the Snyder Cut has been.

Anyway, here's the cover of the RWBY/JL crossover's 3rd issue.

Last edited by Johnny; 03-21-2021 at 05:49 AM.

I mean Bendis did say it was a rotating lineup who brought people in when needed, nothing technically says that Victor can’t show up once in a while.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

DC cancelled Cyborg's solo series in the middle of a storyline with issue # 23. Issue # 22 featured the first appearance of Mekkan X, and it sold out in stores and was selling above cover price online for around $20.00. I found it strange that DC never capitalized on that character's popularity. All his solo series had orders above 50,000 ordered much more than others like Black Lightning. And it happened without big named creators. So Cyborg still have some potential. But it seems like they are not willing to capitalize on the popular aspects of the character such as bring some of the elements from the Doom Patrol like Roni Evers, reviving his rivalry with Deathstroke and Brother Blood from the New Teen titans, the Night Begins to Shine characters from the Night Shine Universe, the popular meme from the Teen Titans cartoon about being a victim of discrimination because he's part robot, and not to mention the Digital Universe concept in the John Semper Jr. run and any thing connected to computer science, the internet of everything. The Zach Snyder justice League showed that he can go against the system and help disadvantage people similar to how he help the woman at the atm. In the Runaways storyline in the New Teen Titans # 26 and #27 Cyborg had a strong connection to the runaways because he was a runaway himself. This subject could make a powerful theme for a Cyborg movie or even a new comic book mini-series. There are a lot of storylines in print that could be developed more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    DC cancelled Cyborg's solo series in the middle of a storyline with issue # 23. Issue # 22 featured the first appearance of Mekkan X, and it sold out in stores and was selling above cover price online for around $20.00. I found it strange that DC never capitalized on that character's popularity. All his solo series had orders above 50,000 ordered much more than others like Black Lightning. And it happened without big named creators. So Cyborg still have some potential. But it seems like they are not willing to capitalize on the popular aspects of the character such as bring some of the elements from the Doom Patrol like Roni Evers, reviving his rivalry with Deathstroke and Brother Blood from the New Teen titans, the Night Begins to Shine characters from the Night Shine Universe, the popular meme from the Teen Titans cartoon about being a victim of discrimination because he's part robot, and not to mention the Digital Universe concept in the John Semper Jr. run and any thing connected to computer science, the internet of everything. The Zach Snyder justice League showed that he can go against the system and help disadvantage people similar to how he help the woman at the atm. In the Runaways storyline in the New Teen Titans # 26 and #27 Cyborg had a strong connection to the runaways because he was a runaway himself. This subject could make a powerful theme for a Cyborg movie or even a new comic book mini-series. There are a lot of storylines in print that could be developed more.
    The thing i don't get with DC is Cyborg fulfills a kind of niche other DC heroes, aside from a few like Blue Beetle, which is the tech/robot guy. That could be really relevant to modern times, and Marvel has taken plenty of advantage with their similar heores. Plus, with Cyborg being an African-American man, it could do more to confront stereotypes. Yet DC seems reticent to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by drbiii View Post
    Attachment 107570

I'm curious what other people thought of the implied relationship developing between Vic and Jessica Cruz in Justice League Odyssey? It was really only implied, and almost made explicit in the last issue, but it was an idea that I loved and I hope it's explored by other writers in the future

Something that would be good for both characters, to get off the ground floor we would have to see a lot of couple fan art them together to get DC attention to make it happen now imo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drbiii View Post
    Attachment 107570

I'm curious what other people thought of the implied relationship developing between Vic and Jessica Cruz in Justice League Odyssey? It was really only implied, and almost made explicit in the last issue, but it was an idea that I loved and I hope it's explored by other writers in the future
    I approve of this ship

BANNED

I honestly would of shipped Vic and Kori as well too. At the very least if any future Titans team forms I think it would be cool with those two characters at the forefront leading it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    DC cancelled Cyborg's solo series in the middle of a storyline with issue # 23. Issue # 22 featured the first appearance of Mekkan X, and it sold out in stores and was selling above cover price online for around $20.00.
    Don't let that price fool you. I can bet if you went to Half Price Books or some bins at Movie Trading Post and others-you can find that issue at cover price or lower.

8,357 this is how many copies that were sold to stores of that issue.

All his solo series had orders above 50,000 ordered much more than others like Black Lightning. And it happened without big named creators
    While I never finished this spreadsheet-I did track the numbers for Cyborg and other books.

Cyborg Rebirth issue 64169
    Cyborg issue 7 19788 (first issue that as under 20K)
    Cyborg issue 17 10385 (last issue above 10k)
    No book saw an increase
    From issue 3-11 saw a 1000+ decrease
    55812 loss in readers for his run.

To put this in retrospect
    New Superman did it at issue 7
    increase in sales did happen at least once
    issue 5-7 saw 1000+ decrease
    2-4 saw 40-10K decrease
    107,986 is the number of issue lost at the end of the run

Miles Morales never saw below 30K
    7 different times he saw an increase

Sam Wilson CA did hit below 20K until issue 19
    5 times he saw an increase
    the LOWEST change in issues was 91 increase (his final issue)

Cyborg 3-11 introduced Black Narcisse and Exxy Clark. Funny thing is those were the issues when we saw a lot more out of him in terms of his skills. So it wasn't like DC wasn't trying.

Astonishing Member

For what it’s worth there’s a good chance DC might try to continue the Snyderverse via animation or something, in which case they might end up recasting most of the animated iterations of the League. That way Cyborg could continue being used prominently but without the baggage of Ray. I’d love an animated series following the adventures of Cyborg post-JL. Ya never know, all signs seem to indicate the SnyderCut is a resounding success and there’s no real excuse outside of pettiness or fears of “dividing the fans” to not continue in some form. Animation might be the key.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Don't let that price fool you. I can bet if you went to Half Price Books or some bins at Movie Trading Post and others-you can find that issue at cover price or lower.

8,357 this is how many copies that were sold to stores of that issue.

While I never finished this spreadsheet-I did track the numbers for Cyborg and other books.

Cyborg Rebirth issue 64169
    Cyborg issue 7 19788 (first issue that as under 20K)
    Cyborg issue 17 10385 (last issue above 10k)
    No book saw an increase
    From issue 3-11 saw a 1000+ decrease
    55812 loss in readers for his run.

To put this in retrospect
    New Superman did it at issue 7
    increase in sales did happen at least once
    issue 5-7 saw 1000+ decrease
    2-4 saw 40-10K decrease
    107,986 is the number of issue lost at the end of the run

Miles Morales never saw below 30K
    7 different times he saw an increase

Sam Wilson CA did hit below 20K until issue 19
    5 times he saw an increase
    the LOWEST change in issues was 91 increase (his final issue)

Cyborg 3-11 introduced Black Narcisse and Exxy Clark. Funny thing is those were the issues when we saw a lot more out of him in terms of his skills. So it wasn't like DC wasn't trying.
    Well there's a double standard because when the recent Dial H for Heroes and the Wonder Twins mini-series ended with similar sales about $8,000 copies ordered, they were both brought back to continue their run with an additional 6 issues. Why can't DC have the common courtesy to finish the Cyborg storyline? To my knowledge this has never been done in the history of comics. DC has never not finished a storyline. And I kind of want my money back for the 3 issues that I paid for leading up to the cancellation with issue # 23 because that storyline is kind of wiped out from the record books like it never existed. And DC has a history of doing this to Cyborg. I'm still waiting for Titans Hunt to be collected in trade as well as the last 3 issues of the first New Teen Titans run that featured Cyborg trying to become human again. And a reprinting of the Technis Imperative would be nice also.