Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Can Cyborg transform back into a human form?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I believe he should be able to, last I checked he got it during DCyou/Rebirth and I don’t think he lost so he should still be able to do that. Part of me just thinks that after what a decade nearly two as Cyborg that Victor is used to being his cyborg self.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I believe he should be able to, last I checked he got it during DCyou/Rebirth and I don’t think he lost so he should still be able to do that. Part of me just thinks that after what a decade nearly two as Cyborg that Victor is used to being his cyborg self.
    It could be good for him to accept his form now, in terms of character development.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Cyborg was able to in David Walkers "cyborg" run and was shown being able to in other issues as well (not written by Walker).

Cyborg *should* be able to morph from his Cyborg appearance to his human form but , from what i gather from former Cyborg writer David Walker in interviews, DC editorial / Warner Bros (?) wouldn't allow David to explore that line of development.

So... he clearly has accepted that he can exist as BOTH a super powered (Cyborg) entity and a man.

Just like any other superhero.
    Don't complain. Create.

That’s kind of how I would like it to be personally, he can transform between man and machine maybe change up the ratios when he needs to but has also learned to live and accept himself as cyborg and really have fun with it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Being able to change back and forth between fully human appearing (no external Cybernetic parts if he so chose) and fully cybernetic solves so many problems.
    Don't complain. Create.

What we imagine as Cyborg today drastically varies from the past. The one really good thing from the Justice League is that it understood Cyborg is kinda like Aquaman, Maybe not in every situation he is scary but Cyborg with access to right stuff he is dam near godlike. At least that is modern adaption that they are getting for Cyborg. Maybe they will get we have prosthetics today that look humanlike an advancement means more human looking and not a tin can

Incredible Member

In real life scientists are able to grow human parts for wounded warriors with
    'pig powder' so the tech is out there but the writers and creators are probably not aware of it. Also since Motherboxes are made by Gods Cyborg's body should be, in my opinion, close to perfect/the golden ratio asthetically as anyone on Earth. Cyborg is the first character that had his body regenerated with a Motherbox.
    Last edited by abetterday; 03-23-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    In real life scientists are able to grow human parts for wounded warriors with
    'pig powder' so the tech is out there but the writers and creators are probably not aware of it.
    Also since Motherboxes are made by Gods Cyborg's body should be, in my opinion, close to perfect/the golden ratio asthetically as anyone on Earth. Cyborg is the first character that had his body regenerated with a Motherbox.

Right? How can the average man know about extra cellular matrix powder and and yet a super powdered comic character whose forte is technology is forced to struggle with manipulating limb / tissue growth? ****'s ridiculous. Watch a damn episode of Vice if you aren't going to do a little research writers.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Cyborg was able to in David Walkers "cyborg" run and was shown being able to in other issues as well (not written by Walker).

Cyborg *should* be able to morph from his Cyborg appearance to his human form but , from what i gather from former Cyborg writer David Walker in interviews, DC editorial / Warner Bros (?) wouldn't allow David to explore that line of development.

So... he clearly has accepted that he can exist as BOTH a super powered (Cyborg) entity and a man.

Just like any other superhero.
    This only serve to pass me off more! It's contrite to hang on to this b.s. that he has to be a neutered simp of a hero. Walker was on the right track with upgrading Vic to being able to generate synthetic skin, hair, and organs while still having a weaponized body. Not a coincidence that a black guy would rightly evolve this black hero, only to have a certain few want to regress him back to toaster status.

H8-Bit, Exxy and Black Narcissus love always pleases me to see.

Watched the Snyder Cut for Vic last night.

That's what irritated so much about the Synder cut. They always what to strip Vic down to the bare minimum. Like how did he not instantly die. He didn't have a liver, kidneys, gallbladder. He could have had the same story beats with the same injuries he had in his original story.
    As for his comic self, Walker did a great thing with him and Reis' version form the start was his "best" post Flashpoint look. Its a shame DC feels that only half a face is good enough to to justify being a cyborg. They seem to want to make him Robotman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Right? How can the average man know about extra cellular matrix powder and and yet a super powdered comic character whose forte is technology is forced to struggle with manipulating limb / tissue growth? ****'s ridiculous. Watch a damn episode of Vice if you aren't going to do a little research writers.
    On top of that, even if Vic didn't know that before his transformation, his technopathy should have identified it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This only serve to pass me off more! It's contrite to hang on to this b.s. that he has to be a neutered simp of a hero. Walker was on the right track with upgrading Vic to being able to generate synthetic skin, hair, and organs while still having a weaponized body. Not a coincidence that a black guy would rightly evolve this black hero, only to have a certain few want to regress him back to toaster status.
    DC’s comic division is a company of old, crusty-dusty men who see no value in properly elevating a black superhero. The most they want to do is have them serve as the old reliable backup to who they believe is the true hero. Giving ‘em a feat here or there and keeping it moving.
    Last edited by Iconic; 03-23-2021 at 11:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    DC’s comic division is a company of old, crusty-dusty men who see no value in properly elevating a black superhero. The most they want to do is have them serve as the old reliable backup to who they believe is the true hero. Giving ‘em a feat here or there and keeping it moving.
    That's what we've seen so far, but I think the new editorial direction looks promising, especially for Green Lantern. That title and The Flash are now having legacies as franchise-leading faces. Really goes against the Silver Age mindset of the previous decade.