Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Cyborg already had one of the coolest character designs around and DC trashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Cyborg concept art didn't feature the faceplate:

Incredible how much of a difference a few design tweaks can make. This feels like a Cyborg who should be on the Justice League and on the same level as the Trinity. He has the same level of presence as the other members of the League.

That's what we've seen so far, but I think the new editorial direction looks promising, especially for Green Lantern. That title and The Flash are now having legacies as franchise-leading faces. Really goes against the Silver Age mindset of the previous decade.
    When you think about it, is it that different though. It's still a bit early to tell for sure but the current management appears to have their favorites just like those before them did. If so, does that make them all that different from their predecessors just because they seem to prefer characters from another era. There's only one GL book and only one Flash book with the former leads of those books not having their own titles, which is the same thing that previously happened to Kyle and Wally after Hal and Barry came back. Different editorial teams will naturally have different preferences towards certain eras and characters, what usually matters to a lot of fans is whether those people happen to share the same preferences that they do. That doesn't seem to make their mindset much different from those that came before them just because they want to push different characters from different eras. To segue back to Cyborg, he seems to be another example of that since the moment management changed he was immediately sent back to the Titans with no other plans for him. Not that the previous regime did him a lot of favors or anything, but at this point the character kind of feels above being a Titan anymore, yet he's clearly not a priority despite not coming from the era that was being favored before.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-24-2021 at 03:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Incredible how much of a difference a few design tweaks can make. This feels like a Cyborg who should be on the Justice League and on the same level as the Trinity. He has the same level of presence as the other members of the League.
    Absolutely agreed. If you want him to be a peer, then make him look and feel like one. Treat him like one. DC has never done that.

BANNED

I feel like Cyborg despite his abilities will always appear in a form that’s similar to his original debut or how he’s portrayed in media atleast. Brand recognition there’s a reason why Martian Manhunter despite being able to shapeshift stays green with red eyes.

As much as I hate it there’s a reason Superman is back in the trunks in comics. It’s just the iconic look for the characters, I think they could simply have Cyborg accept the way he looks and that be viewed as growth. I’d definitely love to see the character be able to shapeshift in a technology type way and blend in with people the way J’onn can as Martian Manhunter. I think that would be cool and based off stories we’ve gotten it would make sense at this point. Maybe just have a drawback where he’s not at his strongest where he appears more human than Borg.

Borglife definitely needs to become a catchphrase.

Incredible Member

I don't mind the face plate personally but if I was DC I would compromise and make the face plate and the rest of his cybernetic parts tattoos, like the Tattoo Man, or a soft robotic parts like Baymax from Big Hero 6. But how much of his origin is still attached? Before the New 52 Nightwing made a clone for him when he was in his Omegadome body. So essentially the current Cyborg might be a clone. Which is interesting because I just read an article that said in the not too distance future powerful AI's will be able to make clones of human bodies and transfer the consciousness of a person into a cloned body or into a cloud. Since Cyborg has a Motherbox he could easily make another clone of himself.

Ultimate Member

Cyborg making different copies of himself with different appearances would be cool.

Honestly they need to at least show him being able to change forms at will in any future live action movies

I don't mind the face plate, I've said plenty of times that I think it's his most iconic feature. However I do think he should be able to look fully human when he's not in battle. He should at least have the ability to do that with the tech he has access to. Now I do understand the potential issue in taking away all his flaws and making him perfect but in universe he's a vet and should be allowed to move on from that. If he were new then it'd be ok but a good writer should be able to make new challenges for him.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't mind the face plate, I've said plenty of times that I think it's his most iconic feature. However I do think he should be able to look fully human when he's not in battle. He should at least have the ability to do that with the tech he has access to. Now I do understand the potential issue in taking away all his flaws and making him perfect but in universe he's a vet and should be allowed to move on from that. If he were new then it'd be ok but a good writer should be able to make new challenges for him.
    Arguably I think we could say the reboot set the idea of moving past the accident take awhile and the lack of a consistent book on the shelf. Interesting enough Dr. Strange seems capable of using his hands now to perform surgery and it seems like that might stick and if that’s the case I definitely think Victor should have an arc where he moves past his appearance and maybe that’s what unlocks the ability if we ignore the previous canon.

Incredible Member

So after watching Zack Snyders Justice League i'm considering (re) watching Justice League: Throne of Atlantis the animated movie. Now....i think i've seen this already but if i did it obviously didn't leave a lasting impression (or maybe i was consumed with real estate at the time). However because Cyborg , voiced by Shema Moore of the "S.W.A.T." series, seems to have some lovely design work in this movie i want to watch it.

Someone refresh my memory..as Cyborg fans is it worth (re)watching?
    Don't complain. Create.

BANNED

As a Aquaman fan I’m not even fond of the Throne of Atlantis animated movie. I can’t really remember any moments Cyborg stood out in the film or even the comic it was adapted from for that matter tbh. It was more of a spotlight for Aquaman and his mythos just with JL support.

I’m sad we didn’t get a Forever Evil animated film we could of gotten an epic storyline out of that with the eventual Cyborg vs Grid showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    As a Aquaman fan I’m not even fond of the Throne of Atlantis animated movie. I can’t really remember any moments Cyborg stood out in the film or even the comic it was adapted from for that matter tbh. It was more of a spotlight for Aquaman and his mythos just with JL support.

I’m sad we didn’t get a Forever Evil animated film we could of gotten an epic storyline out of that with the eventual Cyborg vs Grid showdown.
    this is basically all of Cyborg's animated moments for Jutice League War till Throne of Atlantis

The J-man

BANNED

Appreciate it. I just recently got done watching Apokolips war and even though I didn’t care too much for the way the animated universe was handled I thought it had a pretty awesome send off for Cyborg at the very least it was kind of poetic in my opinion that he was turned into Cyborg by New God technology from Apokolips and then he ends up taking the planet with him at the very end. I thought it was completely badass and a heroic send off for the character.

I probably should of watched JL vs Teen Titans before I watched Apokolips War but oh well lol.
    I wish they milked out some other New52 story lines though which could of promised some cool moments if adapted but maybe will get something out of that JL Odyssey run or Infinite Frontier brings something even better.

Appreciate it. I just recently got done watching Apokolips war and even though I didn’t care too much for the way the animated universe was handled I thought it had a pretty awesome send off for Cyborg at the very least it was kind of poetic in my opinion that he was turned into Cyborg by New God technology from Apokolips and then he ends up taking the planet with him at the very end. I thought it was completely badass and a heroic send off for the character.

I probably should of watched JL vs Teen Titans before I watched Apokolips War but oh well lol.
    I wish they milked out some other New52 story lines though which could of promised some cool moments if adapted but maybe will get something out of that JL Odyssey run or Infinite Frontier brings something even better.
    Personally I feel like they should've saved the "Booyah" for the end instead of at the beginning.

If I remember right he proved pivotal to stopping Orm because he had footage of him revealing his evil plan that they showed to the Atlanteans, and he also had a burgeoning relationship with Sarah Simms (that was never followed up on).

BANNED

I honestly don’t know how well I think “Booyah” would of fit with that ending I could understand the idea off the fact it was his last scene in the universe and his heroic send off but I’m not sure if it would of worked given the context.

The Sarah mention is great I completely forgot he was instrumental in taking down Orm as well. I plan on seeing JL vs TT pretty soon I’m expecting some cool moments out of that itself.