Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Yes .
    it would create a new story where victor merges with the mother box.
    Last edited by universo; 04-11-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Incredible Member

I've come to the conclusion that Cyborg fan art is keeping my passion for this character alive.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Cyborg is likely done with regards to any growth. He’s been forced back to the minors (literally). Snydercut feels like the greatest and last hurrah for the character. Now DC can have their catchphrasing, comic relief back.
    Sadly that's what fans wanted since 2011 and now they got it. Even worse he's going to be babysitting the new kids alongside his friends. But hey that's what fans wanted. As long as he's besties with Beast Boy right?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by universo View Post
    Yes .
    it would create a new story where victor merges with the mother box.
    Ok. I do think the connection to the box makes his power set more distinct

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Sadly that's what fans wanted since 2011 and now they got it. Even worse he's going to be babysitting the new kids alongside his friends. But hey that's what fans wanted. As long as he's besties with Beast Boy right?
    NO what fans wanted was to see REAL development.

It's not enough to be on that team and be the bus or Internet or always getting HACKED into or the token.

They wanted what Walker and others TRIED to do but got derailed by DC.

It's not the fans fault Teen Titan Cyborg (along with Doom Patrol Cyborg) is the interesting version. Where was the effort that the tv and movie side does at in comic side?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO what fans wanted was to see REAL development.

It's not enough to be on that team and be the bus or Internet or always getting HACKED into or the token.

They wanted what Walker and others TRIED to do but got derailed by DC.

It's not the fans fault Teen Titan Cyborg (along with Doom Patrol Cyborg) is the interesting version. Where was the effort that the tv and movie side does at in comic side?

^This.

With that said i am curious as to whether the kids that grew up on Teen Titans cartoons want to see that version of Cyborg (and the rest of the cartoon characters from that show)? If they want all Teen Titans (animated) characters to stay in that style and at that maturity level then ...i can respect that. It would be the equivalent to someone wanting the Simpsons to not depart from their trademark design style or Tom and Jerry to stick with their slap stick comedy routine. It's not my cup of tea but i can respect that.

With that said if they want to see growth and development in the Teen Titans cartoon characters since they , the cartoon watchers, have grown up themselves you'd think they'd want what we all want in this thread.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

Two creators David Walker and John Semper Jr. attempted to address fans complaints and try to implement changes to Cyborg on the behalf of fans only for those changes to be ultimately rejected. So it's obvious that DC knows. The question is why are they not letting these changes be permanent? Who knows? But it's obvious that Cyborg will stay the same. So the fans can either boycott or create a social media campaign on twitter. Or just ignore the current status of Cyborg as a supporting character on Teen Titans Academy and create Cyborg fan fiction based on how you would personally like the character to be. The latter is what I think I am going to do because ultimately we are consuming someone else's vision and not ours. I plan to create my own vision of Cyborg and consume that through fan fiction. Black Roots Science says God incarnated on earth as a man and a woman to create new things for God to experience. When we are consuming things that other people have created we are going against Gods wishes. and doing this is probably creating brain degeneration and diseases but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Black, half automated / half human eunuch!! Sounds super psyched to me.

I'm a fan of the show. The show was my introduction to Cyborg and the version that I mentally default to to this day. I haven't read David Walker's stuff and I should give it a go at some point but with the regards to the show, I want future creators to understand what made the show's version resonate with so many and take those elements that worked to craft new directions for Cyborg.

-Characterization: Cyborg didn't spend every waking moment loathing himself. Yes, he had those moments but they usually involved stories where he has to over come them to succeed. He was a big, fun guy who loved tinkering with tech, pulled pranks with BB, raided Robin's wardrobe with Starfire, not afraid to be silly but also not afraid to be serious depending on the situation. He was their tank and he was also their tech guy. The series reminded us over and over again that what made Cyborg great was his heart, his spirit. Something Brother Blood couldn't achieve even after mutilating himself in order to look more like Vic.

-Design: The show had the sleekest design for Cyborg ever. It looks modern even by today's standards. My second favorite design is his look on Doom Patrol. Also he had enough gadgets on there to be a one man army.

-Variety in stories: One episode he was dealing with a crazed shut-in who wanted to turn him fully into a Cyborg, next he was dealing with a villain who stole his car then he found himself dealing with his built in machine limitations and forced to fight Atlas, after that he found himself trying to push what he can do using a micro chip then he found himself infected with a virus then lead him on a hunger craze, then he was under cover at HIVE academy getting to enjoy a life that he couldn't as a teen, then he found himself mentoring a different team of Titans, then he found himself in a season long battle with Brother Blood, then he found himself thrown back to past and forced to survive in an era with no electricity- the show proved that Cyborg was an endless reserviour of stories and that it's not the character but the writer who makes a difference..

-Relationship: He was best friends with Beast Boy. He was frenemey's with Bumblebee. Had a tight bond with Robin, Starfire and Raven. He had love interests: Jinx, Bumblebee and Sarasim. Build on that in the comics.

-Enemies: On the show, his primary nemesis was Brother Blood followed by Atlas. Then you had Gizmo and Overload who were minor antagonists. Blood is probably his most significant foe. Becoming so obsessed with Cyborg to the point of becoming him. I'm not sure if comic book version of Brother Blood could become an antagonist but there are other options: Kilg%re, Gearhead, Brainiac and the Fatal Five.

Cyborg is likely done with regards to any growth. He’s been forced back to the minors (literally). Snydercut feels like the greatest and last hurrah for the character. Now DC can have their catchphrasing, comic relief back.
    Where has Cyborg been comic relief outside of Teen Titans Go? I can't recall a comic or adaptation that I've ever read where Cyborg hasn't been treated seriously. Even in the 2K3 show he had some of the darker and more serious stories

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm a fan of the show. The show was my introduction to Cyborg and the version that I mentally default to to this day. I haven't read David Walker's stuff and I should give it a go at some point but with the regards to the show, I want future creators to understand what made the show's version resonate with so many and take those elements that worked to craft new directions for Cyborg.

-Characterization: Cyborg didn't spend every waking moment loathing himself. Yes, he had those moments but they usually involved stories where he has to over come them to succeed. He was a big, fun guy who loved tinkering with tech, pulled pranks with BB, raided Robin's wardrobe with Starfire, not afraid to be silly but also not afraid to be serious depending on the situation. He was their tank and he was also their tech guy. The series reminded us over and over again that what made Cyborg great was his heart, his spirit. Something Brother Blood couldn't achieve even after mutilating himself in order to look more like Vic.

-Design: The show had the sleekest design for Cyborg ever. It looks modern even by today's standards. My second favorite design is his look on Doom Patrol. Also he had enough gadgets on there to be a one man army.

-Variety in stories: One episode he was dealing with a crazed shut-in who wanted to turn him fully into a Cyborg, next he was dealing with a villain who stole his car then he found himself dealing with his built in machine limitations and forced to fight Atlas, after that he found himself trying to push what he can do using a micro chip then he found himself infected with a virus then lead him on a hunger craze, then he was under cover at HIVE academy getting to enjoy a life that he couldn't as a teen, then he found himself mentoring a different team of Titans, then he found himself in a season long battle with Brother Blood, then he found himself thrown back to past and forced to survive in an era with no electricity- the show proved that Cyborg was an endless reserviour of stories and that it's not the character but the writer who makes a difference..

-Relationship: He was best friends with Beast Boy. He was frenemey's with Bumblebee. Had a tight bond with Robin, Starfire and Raven. He had love interests: Jinx, Bumblebee and Sarasim. Build on that in the comics.

-Enemies: On the show, his primary nemesis was Brother Blood followed by Atlas. Then you had Gizmo and Overload who were minor antagonists. Blood is probably his most significant foe. Becoming so obsessed with Cyborg to the point of becoming him. I'm not sure if comic book version of Brother Blood could become an antagonist but there are other options: Kilg%re, Gearhead, Brainiac and the Fatal Five.
    You've really made me want to rewatch the show. Great post here.

What they keep doing to this character in the books has really made me look at things. Is Vic designed to be a wishfulfilment hero? If so, for who? Current Cyborg honestly feels like the type of hero that would please a supremacist.

He’s largely not considered a man.

He show the smallest portion of black skin.

He’s currently a eunuch.

He can and has been shown to be graphically torn apart at every turn.

He’s stuck in the one “monstrous” form with no ability to fit in.

His main power is “the ability to overcome his predicament and be at peace with his situation“.

Who’s he for??? That whole thing about being for those who are differently-abled doesn’t hold much water either because it’s a poor representation for them too for the same reasons. DC seems like they enjoy this.

Ultimate Member

You'd think they'd lean more into the tech/engineering side of Cyborg considering how most of those kinds of characters are White, and how much prevalent smart tech is in our lives

What they keep doing to this character in the books has really made me look at things. Is Vic designed to be a wishfulfilment hero? If so, for who? Current Cyborg honestly feels like the type of hero that would please a supremacist.

He’s largely not considered a man.

He show the smallest portion of black skin.

He’s currently a eunuch.

He can and has been shown to be graphically torn apart at every turn.

He’s stuck in the one “monstrous” form with no ability to fit in.

His main power is “the ability to overcome his predicament and be at peace with his situation“.

Who’s he for??? That whole thing about being for those who are differently-abled doesn’t hold much water either because it’s a poor representation for them too for the same reasons. DC seems like they enjoy this.
    1. How is he not considered a man? I'm genuinely curious, because to me he seems pretty masculine.

2. Look I'm not about to think in a superhero comic about how people's junk work, I've never quite got how that is important to his stories. And also I genuinely think even if he is one, that clearly give himself an upgrade to remedy the situation.

However you are right on other parts, it is a little messed up that in the New 52 run he was just consistently ripped apart. And he does show very little skin at this moment, though that is subject to change based on whenever they redesign cyborg. But I like Cyborg, he is a cool character that I grew up with, I appreciate the hi-tech hero who can make an arm cannon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Cyborg has been shown to be active sexually active with past girlfriends like Sarah Charles and Variant in the comics. In Justice League Rebirth he had a child from the future.