Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I really don't see Cyborg that way at all. If anything it was the opposite. In New Teen Titans 80s comic book series he was kind of a street kid. He rebelled and hanged out in the streets with his best friend Ron. He got into gang fights with white gang members. Vic got cut with a razor. But he saw the error of his ways and began to apply himself in school again. He got a scholarship to college and was selected to become an olympic athlete. When Vic became Cyborg he stopped Ron, who became a leader of of a Black Militant group, from bombing the World Trade Center. This all happen in Tales of the New Teen Titans # 1. In the main series he was still rough around the edges in New Teen Titans 80s comic series. He called Raven a witch, he called Robin short pants etc... I'm sure people would be shocked if they did a faithful adaption of Tales of the New Teen Titans # 1 in the movies or tv.
    That was basically more or less Vic in Young Justice, at least in spirit, with how angry and depressed he was up until the last few episodes.

So I like Vic in the RWBY/JL crossover that I'm still surprised to find it so enjoyable. Him and Diana kind of have something in common. Then him and one of the RWBY girls even take a liking to each other. :>

Incredible Member

Cyborg and Wonder Woman would make a great couple!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I assume the usual suspects are the corporate heads
    Actually the 4 blacks on the team was Dan's idea. With things of importance going on in Batman, SUperman, WW, Flash and GL-they wanted to mix up the roster.
    McDuffie had that book planned out to issue 50 that would see all of them return.

I suspect we might have seen a version of Justice League unlimited if McDuffie continued.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually the 4 blacks on the team was Dan's idea. With things of importance going on in Batman, SUperman, WW, Flash and GL-they wanted to mix up the roster.
    McDuffie had that book planned out to issue 50 that would see all of them return.

I suspect we might have seen a version of Justice League unlimited if McDuffie continued.
    Maybe someone will try it again

Alright so I don’t have a good picture but I can’t be the only one who saw it, but in Titans Academy #3 there was definitely a tech kid similar to Cyborg in that Freshmen “Titans Together” spread page right?

Because I’d love to see a teacher student mentorship with Victor teaching someone who is like a younger version of himself and helping them where no one could help him.

Edit: I think I can see them in the back of the group cover in Teen Titans Academy #6

Last edited by sifighter; 05-27-2021 at 04:02 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so I don’t have a good picture but I can’t be the only one who saw it, but in Titans Academy #3 there was definitely a tech kid similar to Cyborg in that Freshmen “Titans Together” spread page right?

Because I’d love to see a teacher student mentorship with Victor teaching someone who is like a younger version of himself and helping them where no one could help him.

Edit: I think I can see them in the back of the group cover in Teen Titans Academy #6

It could be possible. I think I see what you're talking about. Cyborg's powerset is totally relevant today and I would also like to see it venture into new territories. Someone for him to mentor could probably help. There are numerous cybernetic subjects that can be explored. the Earth's atmosphere is kind of like a bio-computer because it get's input from the sun and plant and human life on Earth which affects our atmosphere. It's called the biogeochemical system. With it's input and output system the atmosphere could possibly be manipulated.
    Last edited by abetterday; 05-27-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So I like Vic in the RWBY/JL crossover that I'm still surprised to find it so enjoyable. Him and Diana kind of have something in common. Then him and one of the RWBY girls even take a liking to each other. :>

this is turning out to be one of Cyborg's best team appearances in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    this is turning out to be one of Cyborg's best team appearances in recent years.
    I guess at this point it shouldn't be surprising that Cyborg's best portrayals tend to be in outside media or crossover events. Don't get me started on that "robotic" voice he all of a sudden has in the Titans Academy book.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-27-2021 at 06:22 AM.

I guess at this point it shouldn't be surprising that Cyborg's best portrayals tend to be in outside media or crossover events. Don't get me started on that "robotic" voice he all of a sudden has in the Titans Academy book.
    Yeah, not sure what that is about either.

Maybe someone felt that he was too close to being considered "humanized " again and wanted kill that type of energy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think DC needs a Black Panther. All of these characters should be pushed.

Nor should John Stewart being a Green Lantern limit him.
    Agreed, this is an issue of straight out lack of love for black DC heroes. Their editorial decision making is just the worst. Truly this plays out in how they treat even non black heroes not named Batman, and Superman. The company deserves to collapse and built back up, atom by atom, Thanos style, with new people.

Are Cyborg’s feet shoes?

For context I was cracking jokes in the Jackson/Kaldur thread about how it’s rude Aquaman is walking around in the hall of justice without shoes when someone brought up Cyborg and how he’s technically barefoot too because that’s technically just his body. So the question is, are cyborg’s feet shoes?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I'm sure it's the same for anyone who has prosthetic feet but because it's comics Cyborg's design is like a costume. His feet looks like a shoe. DC and writers are not taking into consideration if Vic actually want something that looks like real feet. They just see him as a half/man half/robot.

Incredible Member

Ancient historical fan cast King Shaka Zulu as Cyborg.

Shaka-Zulu-Royalty-Now.jpg