Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Cyborg is pretty much done as a character most likely because of the Ray Fisher and Johns situation.

As far as live action, they’ve already established Vic on the Doom Patrol show so he’ll have a place there. But his push as a potential solo character is done for the foreseeable future. Cyborg is back to being a background Titan.
    That's what the fans wanted sadly.

Look he didn't necessarily have to go back to the Titans, no one has to be a part of any team, I would just like his full history because it would be a tale of going from "my life is suffering" to "My life ended up being great with friends and being recognized the world over as a superhero".

I keep saying they need to make a mini-series that consolidates his life from beginning to now. Start off with his accident, then he joins the Titans, he goes with them a few years and then Bam! Upgraded to Justice League status and gets the work respect he deserves and then finally to now where he's training those who will one day come after him. Would show just how big a hero he is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    No that is not what the fans wanted.

They did not want his solo edited by the same guy who ruined New 52 Static Shock and chased not 1 but 3 writers out of comics.

They did not want Cyborg forever held hostage by man versus machine and Daddy don't like me stories.

They did not want Dc's best writer to treat him like the Internet and JLA bus and background fodder that John Stewart dealt with under said writer.

They wanted the character that 2003 Teen Titans and Doom Patrol showcased.

The reason why folks yelled for the Titans is because that version was still way more interesting than JLA version.

Incredible Member

DC has refused to changed Cyborg so his fans must accept it or just move on. I'm sure that they have heard all of the criticism. Their response is to keep him the way that he is and put him in a corner. Personally I have no problem with Cyborg because I have read most of his appearances in comics and know that some of the harsh criticism online are just false. But I get what some fans see and want. They don't want a Black Superhero who looks like a robot standing next to Superman, batman, WW, Aquaman. They want an avatar that represents the Black Community. They want the equivalent of Luke Cage or Black Panther. and some probably see it as black face. And DC's solution is to put the black faced hero in a corner and pretend he's not there.

Ultimate Member

Why's him being a robot bad?

Astonishing Member

Cyborg is pretty much done as a character most likely because of the Ray Fisher and Johns situation.

As far as live action, they’ve already established Vic on the Doom Patrol show so he’ll have a place there. But his push as a potential solo character is done for the foreseeable future. Cyborg is back to being a background Titan.
    Is he back to being a background Titan or are the Titans as a whole treated like a background team? I don’t think Raven, Beast Boy, or Starfire are doing much better than Vic is. They’ve yet to have any standout moments in the current book and honestly they’ve fared worse in multimedia adaptations with that Titans show.

DC doesn’t know what to do with the team and they’re all suffering in terms of quality content for it with the exception of Dick who’ll always have Batman to ride the coattails of. I do agree the era of Vic as a solo character is done for the foreseeable future, the best bet is they recast Ray in the DCEU but that seems unlikely.

Ultimate Member

So does his appearance in the DCEU or other media affect his prominence in the comics?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Fans NEVER wanted that. We wanted Cyborg to drop the 'Am I a man or monster? angst, get a proper rogue gallery and be treated with respect by writers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Is he back to being a background Titan or are the Titans as a whole treated like a background team? I don’t think Raven, Beast Boy, or Starfire are doing much better than Vic is. They’ve yet to have any standout moments in the current book and honestly they’ve fared worse in multimedia adaptations with that Titans show.

DC doesn’t know what to do with the team and they’re all suffering in terms of quality content for it with the exception of Dick who’ll always have Batman to ride the coattails of. I do agree the era of Vic as a solo character is done for the foreseeable future, the best bet is they recast Ray in the DCEU but that seems unlikely.
    The Titans are all background characters in their own book at this point, which is sad, since the Titans Academy kids suck.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why's him being a robot bad?
    Cyborg being part robot isn't bad, not moving him beyond the 'am I a man, machine or monster?' angst is bad and what's held his character back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Cyborg being part robot isn't bad, not moving him beyond the 'am I a man, machine or monster?' angst is bad and what's held his character back.
    I agree he should move past that. I'd actually like to see him embrace his scientific and technological potential, which could make him fairly powerful and useful in the modern world, and not just for fighting villains, but for all kinds of purposes

Nah, Cyborg's push was done even before that. By the time we were reaching Death Metal, it was clear his tenure as part of the League was done. The Cyborg solo movie was announced in 2014 and had zero movement even before the Fisher controversy. Let's be real here; the sole corporate interest the company had in Cyborg as in being able to say "See, our Justice League has black people in it now!" and since then they seem to have realized there are other characters that better fit that role.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So does his appearance in the DCEU or other media affect his prominence in the comics?
    In a perfect world it SHOULD.....

What has helped Batman and his entitled friends is either being ultra active in comics and other media or being ultra active in one.

Take Wonder Woman-while she has not had as many movies or cartoons as Batman-she is still active in comics.

You are able to find something with her-that shows some growth.

The issues with both is content that shows growth.

Far too many times with mainly POC (and others like Wanda at Marvel)-the comic book side acts like it can't find folks interested in writing a decent comic.

In Cyborg's case they keep sticking to Man versus machine.

Funny that Garth, Raven & Starfire can sniff OGNS yet Cyborg can't. And Raven & Garth's books were huge pre-orders favorites on Amazon.

The Titans are all background characters in their own book at this point, which is sad, since the Titans Academy kids suck.
    Dick Grayson has the BAT OFFICE and his long running book to counter that.

Ultimate Member

Now it seems he's being marginalized in the DCEU too

Idk what's so hard about Cyborg that DC or WB can't figure out

That's not on them in this case. He's being marginalized because the actor publicly vowed to never work with the company again unless Walter Hamada was fired, and that ain't happening anytime soon. So it was either drop the character or recast, the latter of which would've just been a further PR dumpster fire (imagine the shit storm Fisher would be able to raise up by claiming he was fired and replaced for calling out workplace abuse).

Maybe they'll recast in a few years when the head has died down.