Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

I find it odd that people are still denying that Vic is being phased out and it seems to have started when the Fisher situation ramped up. If Cyborg started to disappear now I wouldn't suspect a connection, but his demotion seemed to start right after Fisher began his feud with WB.

Cyborg is going to remain on Teen Titans Go! because that show is still profitable and they had already added him to Doom Patrol before the sh!t hit the fan. He's not going to be completely buried but I don't think he'll be on DC's "starting lineup" for a long time if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I find it odd that people are still denying that Vic is being phased out and it seems to have started when the Fisher situation ramped up. If Cyborg started to disappear now I wouldn't suspect a connection, but his demotion seemed to start right after Fisher began his feud with WB.

Cyborg is going to remain on Teen Titans Go! because that show is still profitable and they had already added him to Doom Patrol before the sh!t hit the fan. He's not going to be completely buried but I don't think he'll be on DC's "starting lineup" for a long time if ever.
    Yeah i doubt we’ll see him in anything new that’s coming out from DC. He’s only in TT:GO and Doom Patrol because all that drama started after he was added to those shows. Probably won’t see him in Injustice 3 or the new DCAMU films. I think they’ll probably use Blue Beetle instead of Cyborg if they need an armored character for something

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Well I submitted artwork for the contest last year and Cyborg wasn't there so I doubt that it was because of his recent comments on twitter. Maybe they're phasing him out even before? I don't know. But why does it seem like everyone is hating on Fisher when he's only trying to make things better for the actors on set. His main grievance with Harmada is that he would not allow the complaints that Fisher made on behalf of himself and OTHER actors to go up the chain of command. If that's true then things for actors on set will not be good. There's a thread on reddit.com dc cinematic about Fisher's comments that's 100 % negative against him. This kinda of blows my mind.
    Wasn't hating on Fisher, the gif was in response to WB supposedly phasing Cyborg out due to his comments. Which, if true, makes little sense to me since Scarlett Johansson sued Disney and yet Marvel hasn't exactly started pumping the brakes on everything they're doing with Black Widow because of the controversy. And that fiasco gave Disney far more bad publicity, especially after their shitty response to her lawsuit, than the WB situation with Ray.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-05-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

But again, if there's truth to Cyborg being "phased out" due to the drama with Fisher, what's the point of "punishing" the character for a situation between the studio and the actor. What if this was Gal Gadot or Jason Momoa instead, would they have started shelving Wonder Woman and Aquaman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yeah i doubt we’ll see him in anything new that’s coming out from DC. He’s only in TT:GO and Doom Patrol because all that drama started after he was added to those shows. Probably won’t see him in Injustice 3 or the new DCAMU films. I think they’ll probably use Blue Beetle instead of Cyborg if they need an armored character for something
    DC seems to want less to do with Jaime than Vic these days. Cyborg is buried in the background of Titans Academy, but at least he's still in a book and included in big splash pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    But again, if there's truth to Cyborg being "phased out" due to the drama with Fisher, what's the point of "punishing" the character for a situation between the studio and the actor. What if this was Gal Gadot or Jason Momoa instead, would they have started shelving Wonder Woman and Aquaman too.
    Hamada may just want to lessen any fan demand for the character. Out of sight, out of mind. Fisher has less of a bargaining chip.

Cyborg is far more "replaceable" than Aquaman and Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-05-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Incredible Member

imo Cyborg is being fade out partly because of racism. They don't want a black superhero to potentially upstage their other Superhero franchises. And also Superman, WW, Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman are there main heroes that they are promoting in multi media and they don't want any other franchises to flourish. Upcoming there will be a Black Adam movie as well as Zantana and Hourman but even if these new films are successful they will still be put back in the background within 10 years because WW, Superman and Batman are DC/Warner Bos main focus. Fans of other heroes are just out of luck. DC/Warner Bros. will never have an equivalent for Black Panther and Shang Chi simply because they don't want to. They have already regulated Milestone to HBO Max. It's sad that Milestone do not want to become independent.
    Last edited by abetterday; 09-05-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Strange how DC/Warner Bros. follow Marvel to the T in the movies with the very big exception of making Cyborg, black Lightning or Vixen the equivalent to Black Panther or Shang Chi.

Astonishing Member

Strange how DC/Warner Bros. follow Marvel to the T in the movies with the very big exception of making Cyborg, black Lightning or Vixen the equivalent to Black Panther or Shang Chi.
    Marvel isn't afraid of alienating the so-called 'fans' who have issues with characters that aren't white or straight.

Ultimate Member

Before they got movies Panther and Chi have had over 100+ solo issues.

No black character except Steel and Jason Rusch has 50. Both of them now trail Static.

Any attempts to fully invest in black folks at DC has seem derailment by SOMEONE with some fans pushing back as well (see Duke Thomas-who many claim is being forced down our throats).

Also Marvel had ZERO issue in trying stuff out and has at times stood up to certain toxic fandoms.

Nick Fury, Wakanda, Luke Cage, Blade, War Machine, Riri & Moon Girl will have had their own tv shows. Falcon co-lead one.

Marvel did not have to hire a black man to be in charge to see change. They just did it with the goal of making MONEY. No matter who got ticked off.

This is the most we have seen black creators and projects done at DC that was NOT by Milestone.

Yet Cyborg is left out. Ray's antics just put the nail in the coffin. A coffin that nobody wanted to do the work that we saw with Miles, Moon Girl and others.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Nice story but you're totally changing Vic's origin. Vic only became an athlete to rebel against his Father who pushed him to achieve in academics.
    This version has his mother and father love him. They help him control and understand his tech.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Extraordinary Member

imo Cyborg is being fade out partly because of racism. They don't want a black superhero to potentially upstage their other Superhero franchises. And also Superman, WW, Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman are there main heroes that they are promoting in multi media and they don't want any other franchises to flourish. Upcoming there will be a Black Adam movie as well as Zantana and Hourman but even if these new films are successful they will still be put back in the background within 10 years because WW, Superman and Batman are DC/Warner Bos main focus. Fans of other heroes are just out of luck. DC/Warner Bros. will never have an equivalent for Black Panther and Shang Chi simply because they don't want to. They have already regulated Milestone to HBO Max. It's sad that Milestone do not want to become independent.
    they will not have a shang chi black panther equivalent becasue they jsut dont have that

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Before they got movies Panther and Chi have had over 100+ solo issues.

No black character except Steel and Jason Rusch has 50. Both of them now trail Static.

Any attempts to fully invest in black folks at DC has seem derailment by SOMEONE with some fans pushing back as well (see Duke Thomas-who many claim is being forced down our throats).

Also Marvel had ZERO issue in trying stuff out and has at times stood up to certain toxic fandoms.

Nick Fury, Wakanda, Luke Cage, Blade, War Machine, Riri & Moon Girl will have had their own tv shows. Falcon co-lead one.

Marvel did not have to hire a black man to be in charge to see change. They just did it with the goal of making MONEY. No matter who got ticked off.

This is the most we have seen black creators and projects done at DC that was NOT by Milestone.

Yet Cyborg is left out. Ray's antics just put the nail in the coffin. A coffin that nobody wanted to do the work that we saw with Miles, Moon Girl and others.
    Doesn’t John Stewart have the most solo issues, well if you count GLC which focused on him? I don’t count Kyle or Damian as POc leads because well that’s cheating. So really John, Cassandra and Jaime are at the top with Virgil catching up

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    they will not have a shang chi black panther equivalent becasue they jsut dont have that
    For me personally any superhero who is not connected to traditional legacy heroes like Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, Green Lantern is the equivalent. I see Cyborg as a good potential franchise because he's a cyborg and just last week the movie Free Guy opened well in theatres. Proof that his genre is popular. You also have the Non Player movie and the upcoming Matrix.

Extraordinary Member

For me personally any superhero who is not connected to traditional legacy heroes like Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, Green Lantern is the equivalent. I see Cyborg as a good potential franchise because he's a cyborg and just last week the movie Free Guy opened well in theatres. Proof that his genre is popular. You also have the Non Player movie and the upcoming Matrix.
    everything that cyborg is presently is due to Geoff Johns so with Ray Fisher consistently publicly trying to destroy him its proably in DC best intrest to just let him fade back.
    I never understood why he was promoted to justice league over Vixen back in 2010 anyway.

The static shock book is being well received and the milestone Dakotaverse is in effect, once they announce the actor to play static by the end of the year we can moove on from the fisher fiasco and in time revisit cyborg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    everything that cyborg is presently is due to Geoff Johns so with Ray Fisher consistently publicly trying to destroy him its proably in DC best intrest to just let him fade back.
    I never understood why he was promoted to justice league over Vixen back in 2010 anyway.

The static shock book is being well received and the milestone Dakotaverse is in effect, once they announce the actor to play static by the end of the year we can moove on from the fisher fiasco and in time revisit cyborg
    Static is a Milestone property. Plus it's unfair to change one black character for another. Fisher is only an actor. Decisions should not be based on what an actor does. But what Fisher did is heroic and noble. Ray Fisher is a hero in my book. Why have you and other posters in this thread ignored what I posted. Fisher's main grip against Harmada is that he would not take the actors complaint up the chain of command. that's big. If Fisher fails it will probably affect everyone in hollywood. Why are posters against Fisher and for the Hollywood machine because I'm sure like myself everyone has heard some of the horror stories that came out of Hollywood.