Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I want Milestone to succeed. I was there in the 90s when they first came out. I went to the conventions and met the artists and writers in the 90s. I want them to succeed but in my opinion they just do not want to put in that work. They're not grinding. They don't need Dc they can become independent. Spawn recently just had almost half million copies order. that's big for a comic who sometimes only sells around 3K. But Todd McFarlane puts in the work. that's what I want for Milestone. But I just don't see it for them under DC. They need to be independent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I want Milestone to succeed. I was there in the 90s when they first came out. I went to the conventions and met the artists and writers in the 90s. I want them to succeed but in my opinion they just do not want to put in that work. They're not grinding. They don't need Dc they can become independent. Spawn recently just had almost half million copies order. that's big for a comic who sometimes only sells around 3K. But Todd McFarlane puts in the work. that's what I want for Milestone. But I just don't see it for them under DC. They need to be independent.
    It’s not about the comics it’s about the films and they need WB for that

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    everything that cyborg is presently is due to Geoff Johns so with Ray Fisher consistently publicly trying to destroy him its proably in DC best intrest to just let him fade back.
    I never understood why he was promoted to justice league over Vixen back in 2010 anyway.

The static shock book is being well received and the milestone Dakotaverse is in effect, once they announce the actor to play static by the end of the year we can moove on from the fisher fiasco and in time revisit cyborg
    The character shouldn't suffer because of a dispute between an actor and a studio, bruh. I think it makes (some)sense to exclude Cyborg from materials that feature his DCEU likeness, otherwise it's ridiculous. It's one thing to remove him from Fortnite that was reportedly going to feature his DCEU skin similar to how it features Aquaman's DCEU skin, but from Fandome? Hurting the character doesn't help anything about the situation between Ray and WB.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-05-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Allow me to lay it all out for you as I see it Johnny:

1. The whole reason Cryborg was getting a push in the first place was ironically because of Johns, given he’s the one who advocated for Vic on the JL (a holdover from the pre-New 52 plans where Vic and Hawkman would be joining the JL as the Titans and JSA reps respectively). With Johns fall from grace there’s no one else at DC who really cares about Vic as a solo character or a Leaguer, so he goes back to the Titans where he “belongs” and does nothing of worth because just like the League, the writers don’t care about him. Also the Titans suck and have for decades.

2. Fisher gave WB an ultimatum: fire Hamada or I’ll never work for you again. WB of course laughed in his face and promptly dropped Cyborg. There are rumors Martian Manhunter will be in the Flash, and given J’onn is also played by black actors and is a classic JL member, I believe he will take his spot back on the League. He did during Scott Snyder’s run for the comics, the new animated movie universe has him in Man of Tomorrow, I believe J’onn will be getting back his old spot across all media while Vic gets kicked back to the Titans in the comics and is used on Doom Patrol for live action. Very curious if he’ll be in Injustice 3 and if he’s used I don’t know if he’ll survive. They clearly despise him given he’s on the Regime side and make fun of his… “condition”.

3. The way Disney treated Scarlett is actually a perfect example of how ruthless these companies are. Scarlett was one of the faces of the MCU, is probably the highest profile actress in Hollywood, and Disney still tried to pull a fast one on her. In contrast Fisher is a nobody who was in a flop (JL) and a movie WB wants to move away from (ZSJL). He went after a suit in Hamada and also went after Hamada’s bosses which meant WB closed ranks. WB isn’t interested in “healing the divide” unless it comes with Fisher publicly apologizing for going after the suits and laying off of Johns, something he can’t do without losing face at this point given how hard he’s doubled down. So he’s never working at WB again both because of his own ultimatum and because WB doesn’t want anything to do with him, with Cyborg being tainted by association at this point (just like Hal)

TL;DR the guy who was pushing for Cyborg got dropped, the new guys don’t care about him, the suits dislike his film actor, and there’s nothing in the pipeline coming that will be using him. As someone who liked Vic on the League and hated the idea of him going back to the Titans, I’ve given up. He’s done, he’ll be back to being Dick’s sidekick at best like the rest of the Titans, or used as Batman’s portable Batcomputer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

1. The whole reason Cryborg was getting a push in the first place was ironically because of Johns, given he’s the one who advocated for Vic on the JL (a holdover from the pre-New 52 plans where Vic and Hawkman would be joining the JL as the Titans and JSA reps respectively). With Johns fall from grace there’s no one else at DC who really cares about Vic as a solo character or a Leaguer, so he goes back to the Titans where he “belongs” and does nothing of worth because just like the League, the writers don’t care about him. Also the Titans suck and have for decades.

2. Fisher gave WB an ultimatum: fire Hamada or I’ll never work for you again. WB of course laughed in his face and promptly dropped Cyborg. There are rumors Martian Manhunter will be in the Flash, and given J’onn is also played by black actors and is a classic JL member, I believe he will take his spot back on the League. He did during Scott Snyder’s run for the comics, the new animated movie universe has him in Man of Tomorrow, I believe J’onn will be getting back his old spot across all media while Vic gets kicked back to the Titans in the comics and is used on Doom Patrol for live action. Very curious if he’ll be in Injustice 3 and if he’s used I don’t know if he’ll survive. They clearly despise him given he’s on the Regime side and make fun of his… “condition”.

3. The way Disney treated Scarlett is actually a perfect example of how ruthless these companies are. Scarlett was one of the faces of the MCU, is probably the highest profile actress in Hollywood, and Disney still tried to pull a fast one on her. In contrast Fisher is a nobody who was in a flop (JL) and a movie WB wants to move away from (ZSJL). He went after a suit in Hamada and also went after Hamada’s bosses which meant WB closed ranks. WB isn’t interested in “healing the divide” unless it comes with Fisher publicly apologizing for going after the suits and laying off of Johns, something he can’t do without losing face at this point given how hard he’s doubled down. So he’s never working at WB again both because of his own ultimatum and because WB doesn’t want anything to do with him, with Cyborg being tainted by association at this point (just like Hal)

TL;DR the guy who was pushing for Cyborg got dropped, the new guys don’t care about him, the suits dislike his film actor, and there’s nothing in the pipeline coming that will be using him. As someone who liked Vic on the League and hated the idea of him going back to the Titans, I’ve given up. He’s done, he’ll be back to being Dick’s sidekick at best like the rest of the Titans, or used as Batman’s portable Batcomputer.

Incredible Member

Recently I read that Jim Lee liked Cyborg because he was on the Superfriends show which he watched as a kid and that was also one of the reasons why he was added.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Out of everything you've stated (which i do not disagree with necessarily) the text in bold irritates me the most.

I don't dislike The Martian Manhunter character. I don't necessarily embrace the character either but i definitely don't dislike him. What irritates me in this case is what the Manhunter represents - a character who cosplays a black character when the writers choose to depict him that way. A lifetime ago i felt the same way about Milestones Icon (a character i enjoy) until i learned he took on the genetic profile of his adoptive parents. The difference matters to me and i suspect others as well.

There's something meta about replacing Cyborg / Victor Stone / Ray Fisher with a non human alien character that impersonates a black male when it's convenient for the fictional character .... and the real life publishing and film production company.
    Don't complain. Create.

Well John Stewart will be featured in the new animated universe so they have the "real black man" role covered. I still hope Cyborg shows up there but I'm thinking he'll only show up if they introduce the Titans later on.

Ultimate Member

Heads up

Dallas Fan Con happens next week 17-19. As of right now (since so many including the entire cast of Star Trek TNG & Billie Piper) Ray Fisher is suppose to be there.

So if you are around Dallas that weekend. Tyninion, James Masters, William Shatner, George Takei and Zachary Quinto will be there too.

While that is my birthday week-part of me wants to go and a LARGER part does not. Covid and who know WHAT will show up there is the kicking point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The character shouldn't suffer because of a dispute between an actor and a studio, bruh. I think it makes (some)sense to exclude Cyborg from materials that feature his DCEU likeness, otherwise it's ridiculous. It's one thing to remove him from Fortnite that was reportedly going to feature his DCEU skin similar to how it features Aquaman's DCEU skin, but from Fandome? Hurting the character doesn't help anything about the situation between Ray and WB.
    Honestly, I feel like the Ray Fisher situation provided DC with a convenient excuse to shaft Cyborg, they were never interested in actually promoting him. His 'push' consisted of: getting shafted in JLO and his solo book focused solely on man vs machine angst + robotic villains.

From The DC Book.

Grr... why doesn't his affiliations mention the Titans?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The 2021 DC Encyclopedia did the same thing. They take his New-52/Rebirth entries and mostly copy them, while adding some new art and additional information, but don't include the Death Metal/Infinite Frontier changes where "everything happened".

At least he's featured on the cover though.

Last edited by Johnny; 09-24-2021 at 11:38 AM.

That's the thing though. The first paragraph does mention that he was a Teen Titan, briefly. They should've included that as an affiliation, along with New York Titans Tower as a base of operations (which is where he currently is in Teen Titans Academy and was in the 1980s New Teen Titans), and included some info about his history before 2011. Instead, it basically recaps his New 52 origin then summarises Justice League Odyssey. This isn't good enough. Academy not being referenced is fair enough, that status quo is only nine months old. But his pre-Flashpoint history there's no excuse for. Cyborg's Titans history was restored before Odyssey started, he already knew Starfire and they'd never met in New 52.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-24-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I'm personally surprised that Cyborgs ability to modify his appearance and "pass for human" (an interesting way to describe shape shifting ability but ...ok....) was explicitly referenced. There shouldn't be any ....ANY ...reason for writers to show Victor Stone in human form without a full face after that. If you want him to wear a battle helmet draw him with one. If you want Cyborg to have enhanced vision ..fine.. draw him with a morphing pupil or a regular eye colored red.

There's no longer any reason to depict him the way he has been shown and they, thankfully, put that in text form in that image.

For the love of all that is good...use the gold mine that you have in Cyborg positively DC.
    Last edited by Customizer; 09-25-2021 at 11:45 PM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Well DC is trying to bury Vic but unfortunately for them he’s a part of one of the best comic book shows around, the Doom Patrol. I have really loved this version of Cyborg. The young straight laced blue chip superhero destined for the starting lineup of the Justice League who gets caught up with a group of weirdos. It’s like the cool jock who finally accepts the fact that he’s actually a nerd.

The show has done such a great job of portraying Vic and Silas’ dynamic.