Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I've been telling them to do that for a long time too, but the fact is they are reactionary and like any other corporation, they would do anything to try to make themselves look good. WB still isn't DC and how DC treats its properties isn't always reflective of what their live-action or animated department does. Isn't Cyborg one of the best examples of that. It can go either way, but if Cyborg is indeed the breakout star of this version of JL and the Snyder Cut does good business for HBO Max, it's not outside the realm of possibility to see more of him down the line.
    My issue is this Cyborg has been the ONLY black hero and probably of color at Dc who has been consistently seen in and out of comics.

So it's not like they never had a chance.

Look what Marvel did for POC for most of those movies or shows. They all got a trade filled with stories about them.
    War Machine
    Falcon
    Monica
    Panther
    Shuri
    Miles
    Luke Cage
    America
    Riri
    Moon Girl

Where was that for Cyborg? Heck most folks here could came up with something. Cyborg YA series with him and Exxy. Cyborg YA series with him helping handicap kids.

Cyborg internet book series about safety and so on. And Dc can't say it won't sell-because GUESS who is doing a book line on internet safety, posting and so on-the one cartoon character NOBODY would expect-Garfield and those books come out this week or next week.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    My issue is this Cyborg has been the ONLY black hero and probably of color at Dc who has been consistently seen in and out of comics.

So it's not like they never had a chance.

Look what Marvel did for POC for most of those movies or shows. They all got a trade filled with stories about them.
    War Machine
    Falcon
    Monica
    Panther
    Shuri
    Miles
    Luke Cage
    America
    Riri
    Moon Girl

Where was that for Cyborg? Heck most folks here could came up with something. Cyborg YA series with him and Exxy. Cyborg YA series with him helping handicap kids.

Cyborg internet book series about safety and so on. And Dc can't say it won't sell-because GUESS who is doing a book line on internet safety, posting and so on-the one cartoon character NOBODY would expect-Garfield and those books come out this week or next week.
    Honestly it's kinda sad how DC's most prominent black hero is not being utilized in different media. Would you say DC handles PoC worse than Marvel does?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Honestly it's kinda sad how DC's most prominent black hero is not being utilized in different media. Would you say DC handles PoC worse than Marvel does?
    He is being used in different media though. He gets more play in media than he does in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I highly doubt he will. Hell, I won’t be surprised if Fisher is on the phone with Marvel for a role right now.
    I doubt it. Fisher is done in Hollywood. None of the other studios will touch him after what he pulled.

Anyway I liked Cyborg in the Snyder Cut! He’s more fleshed out and actually has a story and personality

Ultimate Member

Falcon and Storm are pretty much Marvel's versions of Cyborg-they are consistently seen in outside media. War Machine joined that group in the late 2000s. Miles as the most recent.

DC has tried but NEVER follows up with it. I don't know if they worry about offending folks or what. We are PAST feelings now. Marvel stopped caring about POC backlash and Dc needs to do the same.

It's about building a body of WORK now.

I am going to ask EVERYONE this and might do a thread to see what folks think-

Name me 5 Cyborg centric stories that helped build or define the character and why. This is what a LOT of POC at DC are missing.

Snyder Cut Cyborg-if I am DC and seeing all this praise-I know a movie is out of the question (of sorts)-why can't there be a Black Label Snyderverse Cyborg book? You have an audience. Have Ray help on it. It will help build up his resume. Snyder fans got those other 2 JL movies in book form.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He is being used in different media though. He gets more play in media than he does in the comics.
    The issue is how do you find a balance.

How do you serve BOTH audiences.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, so i guess he needs more attention in the comics

Falcon and Storm are pretty much Marvel's versions of Cyborg-they are consistently seen in outside media. War Machine joined that group in the late 2000s. Miles as the most recent.

DC has tried but NEVER follows up with it. I don't know if they worry about offending folks or what. We are PAST feelings now. Marvel stopped caring about POC backlash and Dc needs to do the same.

Name me 5 Cyborg centric stories that helped build or define the character and why. This is what a LOT of POC at DC are missing.

Snyder Cut Cyborg-if I am DC and seeing all this praise-I know a movie is out of the question (of sorts)-why can't there be a Black Label Snyderverse Cyborg book? You have an audience. Have Ray help on it. It will help build up his resume. Snyder fans got those other 2 JL movies in book form.
    Why is DC so slow about it?

Fantastic Member

Skyvolt, you and I both know there isn't any big named Cyborg narratives out there, even though DC had a decade to do so. I mean, if someone had told me that we'd be getting a Falcon show 10 years ago, I'd have laughed them off the face of the earth.

Everyone knows DC doesn't care about Cyborg as a character, but now they have to deal with the consequences of that negligence. I can't go on Twitter at all without someone mentioning how much they butchered Cyborg's storyline. And even if DC does make good on positive representation with other heroes, Cyborg will still be a point of contention for them (much like how John Boyega/Finn's treatment is always brought up to Lucasfilms).

While I haven't seen Cyborg's story in Justice League, it's reception is far more positive than it was back during its premiere.

But, I do want to highlight a few nice Cyborg comic moments that I appreciated:

The Techbreaker story (David Walker's run)
    His friendship with Exxy (John Sempter Jr's run)
    H8Bit and his history with Victor (Sempter)
    The whole narrative and feel of Detroit.
    Cyborg and his relationship with Blue (Sempter)
    Black Narcissus and her quest for revenge (Sempter)

It would've been nice to have that explored fully in the comics but...

Astonishing Member

Marvel has handled PoC and (more recently) legacy characters better than DC did.

To me, it feels like DC cuts off the push of PoC and legacy characters at the slightest pushback from a certain section of the fan base. Marvel, even if you disliked the way they handled the push or the story choice, seems to ignore that portion of the fan base.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I highly doubt he will. Hell, I won’t be surprised if Fisher is on the phone with Marvel for a role right now.
    I would let loose a hale & hearty LOL if Ray gets cast as Adam Warlock in a later film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Marvel has handled PoC and (more recently) legacy characters better than DC did.

To me, it feels like DC cuts off the push of PoC and legacy characters at the slightest pushback from a certain section of the fan base. Marvel, even if you disliked the way they handled the push or the story choice, seems to ignore that portion of the fan base.
    You think DC is more regressive or just afraid of rocking the boat?

Incredible Member

Once you find the DC /WB equivalents to this man you'll find out who is stopping the progress of black and brown characters which benefits the general audience and the financial health of DC.

Never forget this man (and those like him who haven't had the light shone upon their actions):

https___specials-images.forbesimg.com_imageserve_5d8a94c918444200084e6d66_0x0.jpg_background=000.jpg
    Don't complain. Create.

The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Once you find the DC /WB equivalents to this man you'll find out who is stopping the progress of black and brown characters which benefits the general audience and the financial health of DC.

Never forget this man (and those like him who haven't had the light shone upon their actions):

https___specials-images.forbesimg.com_imageserve_5d8a94c918444200084e6d66_0x0.jpg_background=000.jpg
    Is that Ike Perlmutter?

Is that Ike Perlmutter?
    That's him.