Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

There's an All-New Wolverine discussion going on in the Nightwing appreciation thread in the bat forums. It's relevant there because Tom Taylor is taking over Nightwing in March.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's an All-New Wolverine discussion going on in the Nightwing appreciation thread in the bat forums. It's relevant there because Tom Taylor is taking over Nightwing in March.
    Yeah, it was me. I started talking there too cause i enjoyed this book and made me even more hyped for Tom Taylor to take over the Nightwing book.

BANNED

Variant cover for #18.

I still don't care for the funky palm gloves, but overall that's still one of her best costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Variant cover for #18.

I still don't care for the funky palm gloves, but overall that's still one of her best costumes.
    Laura has been built up by writers who work in a very different way then Hickman. Majorie wrote a introspective character journey with a prose style in narration. Taylor wrote with clever dialogue and colorful characters. With emphasize on relationships.

Hickman will probably be more interested in how she deals with some external factor. Perhaps how an external event affects her internally. With a lot less introspective character work and more focus on themes that go along with his overarching story.

For me Majorie and Hickman almost occupies different ends of one axis of the writers spectrum. Even if he does a good job will I find it appropriate for Laura? I’m very wary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Laura has been built up by writers who work in a very different way then Hickman. Majorie wrote a introspective character journey with a prose style in narration. Taylor wrote with clever dialogue and colorful characters. With emphasize on relationships.

Hickman will probably be more interested in how she deals with some external factor. Perhaps how an external event affects her internally. With a lot less introspective character work and more focus on themes that go along with his overarching story.

For me Majorie and Hickman almost occupies different ends of one axis of the writers spectrum. Even if he does a good job will I find it appropriate for Laura? I’m very wary.
    So far her only major story in the Hickman era was Fallen Angels, and there was a lot about her depiction that fell flat. IE Kwannon, of all people, acting like she needs to be Laura's mentor/teacher. It's like, "Bitch, you been asleep while someone else was driving your body the ENTIRE TIME I was a child assassin, prostitute, part of a super-secret mutant wetworks squad, got my ass shanghaied to fight to the death on a Murder Island, had to put myself BACK together, watched my father die, decided to become his successor, AND had to learn how to raise my hyperactive kid sister. What are YOU supposed to teach ME?"

Frankly, I have NO faith that the Vault story is going to serve Laura well as a character at all if the only role she's had to play so far in Hickman's vision is an incredibly tone deaf story of her being second banana to someone who has no business trying to "teach" her anything.

So, i finished All-New Wolverine and Laura is permanently one of my favorites. I liked a lot, and up to issue 30 i really enjoyed. Orphans of X was the best arc in the series, imo.

I skipped the one issue (#31) with Deadpool on the cover cause i don't really like him. The issue after that was Ok, but the Old Woman Laura mini arc didn't do much for me.

Overall, it was pretty good.

I'll try X-23 next month.

Edit: Oh, and i loved this.

Last edited by Drako; 01-28-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, i finished All-New Wolverine and Laura is permanently one of my favorites. I liked a lot, and up to issue 30 i really enjoyed. Orphans of X was the best arc in the series, imo.

I skipped the one issue (#31) with Deadpool on the cover cause i don't really like him. The issue after that was Ok, but the Old Woman Laura mini arc didn't do much for me.

Overall, it was pretty good.

I'll try X-23 next month.

Edit: Oh, and i loved this.

#31 was a great issue. Gabby and Deadpool are a fun team up. Plus it may have one of THE best zombie jokes ever.

I was glad to see Gabby finally mention Laura in the latest NM

As of today, it has been one year since Laura and the others entered the vault.

One year went by, 26 more days to go. Damn, this doesn't make it any easier, I want February 24 to be now!
    I feel quite starved for Laura content, it hit me when in this weeks New Mutants I squealed, when I saw Gabby mention her big sister

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    As of today, it has been one year since Laura and the others entered the vault.
    Thanks, COVID.
    "Cable was right!"

Here's a print I got in 2019 from Mike Choi with a nice X-23 remarque at the bottom.

MDS00675.jpg
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 02-03-2021 at 03:31 PM.

#18 is taking it's sweet time getting here, why is it so far away

FEBRUARY 24TH?!?!

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8