Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I definitely wouldn’t come back then. At least if I was you. Characterization has been very off for a number of characters in the HiXman era. If it’s going to bother you, then save yourself the frustration.

Part of me thinks it might be on purpose though. Guess we’ll see...
    Any end game other than Moira dying and deciding "Oops, that didn't go well. Time to put things back" and resetting everyone back to their correct characterization is the wrong ending.

I doubt that’s what they’ll do. Feels like a cop out. But maybe. We’ll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I definitely wouldn’t come back then. At least if I was you. Characterization has been very off for a number of characters in the HiXman era. If it’s going to bother you, then save yourself the frustration.

Part of me thinks it might be on purpose though. Guess we’ll see...
    I think this is a fair opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Any end game other than Moira dying and deciding "Oops, that didn't go well. Time to put things back" and resetting everyone back to their correct characterization is the wrong ending.
    Agreed...can't wait until it's over

Also Agree with everything else you've said in this thread and the X-men #18 thread

WTF?!? We waited all this time for that?

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Agreed...can't wait until it's over

Also Agree with everything else you've said in this thread and the X-men #18 thread
    And I agree with you agreeing

Being a Laura fan is tiring these days. But given that almost every character has had their characterization waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off in these last couple years, maybe that's just par the course. If this was what this whole mission was going to end up I don't understand why they didn't just assault the city in the first place. Don't tell me they don't have the firepower on Krakoa to just blow it to high hell.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Being a Laura fan is tiring these days. But given that almost every character has had their characterization waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off in these last couple years, maybe that's just par the course. If this was what this whole mission was going to end up I don't understand why they didn't just assault the city in the first place. Don't tell me they don't have the firepower on Krakoa to just blow it to high hell.
    You’re not wrong they really could have went in guns blazing and called it a day. I was originally advocating for Laura to be on the new X-Men team, but she’d probably be better off with one of the other writers who focus more on characterization (or with a solo book of her own).

I took a quick glance in the X-men 18 thread at it seemed that issue was weak. If I was to read it it would be for Laura first and foremost.

Are Hickman seeding a romance between Synch and Laura? I'm not that thrilled over the thought of more romance in Lauras life. For me she is a character that doesn't need to be paired up to be interesting. Quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I took a quick glance in the X-men 18 thread at it seemed that issue was weak. If I was to read it it would be for Laura first and foremost.

Are Hickman seeding a romance between Synch and Laura? I'm not that thrilled over the thought of more romance in Lauras life. For me she is a character that doesn't need to be paired up to be interesting. Quite the opposite.
    He expressed an interest, and they're about to be spending a long time together; it's a cynical inference, but Hickman seems very concept over character.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 02-25-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    He expressed an interest, and they're about to be spending a long time together; it's a cynical inference, but Hickman seems very concept over character.
    From what i've seen so far, his approach seems to be that the characters he writes serve the plot, rather than the plot being the basis to explore characters. With their agencies getting decided by what the plot requires, rather than what might fit them based on their past characterization. That is when they aren't just thrown into scenes as walking narration dispensers.

Of course it isn't a problem when the plot is enjoyable, in the "grand epic story" kind of way, but i personaly don't expect really great characterization from him.

That's just my personal impression/bias though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    From what i've seen so far, his approach seems to be that the characters he writes serve the plot, rather than the plot being the basis to explore characters. With their agencies getting decided by what the plot requires, rather than what might fit them based on their past characterization. That is when they aren't just thrown into scenes as walking narration dispensers.

Of course it isn't a problem when the plot is enjoyable, in the "grand epic story" kind of way, but i personaly don't expect really great characterization from him.

That's just my personal impression/bias though.
    I just remembered, he wrote Secret Warriors didn't he?
    God, I could not bring myself to give a #@$% about anything or anyone in that series, and it ended on a "Nick Fury is awesome" moment that falls apart the moment you give it any thought.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I just remembered, he wrote Secret Warriors didn't he?
    God, I could not bring myself to give a #@$% about anything or anyone in that series, and it ended on a "Nick Fury is awesome" moment that falls apart the moment you give it any thought.
    Secret Warriors is Hickman's idea. I know they did a arc about it on shield tv show

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Secret Warriors is Hickman's idea. I know they did a arc about it on shield tv show
    Yeah, the whole reason I read it was just to familiarize myself with Quake, after Syke was revealed to be her. (She didn't have much of a character and her group got quickly sidelined for the howling commandos and Nick Fury wankery)
    Context is king.

Yeah, the whole reason I read it was just to familiarize myself with Quake, after Syke was revealed to be her. (She didn't have much of a character and her group got quickly sidelined for the howling commandos and Nick Fury wankery)
    Not surprised at all by the writers choice.

I relaly wonder what is the plan for Laura, I think she will be the Wolerine of the new team