Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Haha, not all of Laura fans are stabby stabby when it comes to replies
    I didn't enjoy Synch/Wolverine plot, but only cause for years now I only see her as gay. But I also get it why people might like the pairing, so to each their own
    Gay would work. For me it would also work if she came out as asexual.

I'm expecting good action scenes from Duggan. I'm more skeptical with her interactions. There are quite a few team members. I'm concerned that most of her alloted panels will be spent on her and Synch. A plot who will probably go: Laura has no interest - >a turning point(either an conversation or grand gesture from Synch will spark this) - >Laura gets interested->they become a couple.

Nice to see Laura on the main team

Really excited to see Laura interactions with Rogue

Spectacular Member

So is Laura now officially going to be Wolverine from now on? That is what it seems like, and I am all for it.

I've been a vocal supporter of certain legacy titles being shared among different superheroes. I don't mind that Miles Morales and Peter Parker are both Spider-Man, or that Clint and Kate both being Hawkeye, or Barry Allen and Wally West both being The Flash. If this is the direction that Marvel is taking with Logan and Laura then I am all for it. On that matter though, I'm curious how marketing will brand Laura in merchandising. Are they going to stick with X-23 on the names of all their toys and stuff, like they have been doing, or will they go with the Miles Morales route and use her real name? I don't think using her real name would work because, unlike Miles Morales, it's not really a marketable name. I guess X-23 Wolverine or Wolverine X-23 would work.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wished the X-Office would've figured out two heroes can have the same name before the Tamaki nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

I actually don’t think Logan needs the codename anymore. Sure, he’s still “The Wolverine” in most people’s minds. But I could see a scene where someone calls him Wolverine and he says, “Nah. That’s her now.” And points to Laura.

They say. “Got it. So what do I call you? Weapon X?”

Logan just glares at the person. “Okay then. Logan is fine.”

Astonishing Member

Don't know if this means anything but Duggan liked a twee saying laura should have a girlfriend.... really hope that hints to somting

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Don't know if this means anything but Duggan liked a twee saying laura should have a girlfriend.... really hope that hints to somting
    people have to stop overthinking about writers likes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    people have to stop overthinking about writers likes.
    I'm bord. What else am i to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I'm bord. What else am i to do ?
    Watch Falcon and Winter Soldier on Disney+. I did and liked a lot

Hope the new series works out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I didn't enjoy Synch/Wolverine plot, but only cause for years now I only see her as gay. But I also get it why people might like the pairing, so to each their own
    Guess I never saw the character as being gay, but I will concede that I've never really liked any of the boyfriends writers have tried to give her and actually wish she'd been paired up with Mercury (whoc I believe is official either lesbian or bisexual), based on their interactions in the New X-Men series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I liked that the last solos moved on from romantic stories and were great for it

Excited for Laura to be Wolverine and a part of the new main X-men team! Then my hopes cratered when Sync was too. Team books always have the characters fighting for attention and plotlines, and it was already going to be a struggle between everyone else and the Jean/Scott melodrama. But Sync being there means almost everything Laura is going to do will probably be relationship drama with him.

I haven't seen anyone be really gung-ho for this pairing. Sync has been very much a nothing character for most of his history, so there's just not much too him. And all of Laura's relationships have been very meh, and I honestly liked her on her own. She needs more friends, not lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Excited for Laura to be Wolverine and a part of the new main X-men team! Then my hopes cratered when Sync was too. Team books always have the characters fighting for attention and plotlines, and it was already going to be a struggle between everyone else and the Jean/Scott melodrama. But Sync being there means almost everything Laura is going to do will probably be relationship drama with him.

I haven't seen anyone be really gung-ho for this pairing. Sync has been very much a nothing character for most of his history, so there's just not much too him. And all of Laura's relationships have been very meh, and I honestly liked her on her own. She needs more friends, not lovers.
    I like single Laura too, but y'all need to stop blatantly insulting other characters just cause you don't like them. Duggan has kept relationship drama to a minimum in Marauders so I'm hoping that stays consistent.

I don't really mean it as an insult, Sync just hasn't done a whole lot over his history. Just one of many, many X characters who've gotten forgotten and left to the wayside. And the current version of him might as well be an entirely new character after what he went through.

I don't really mean it as an insult, Sync just hasn't done a whole lot over his history. Just one of many, many X characters who've gotten forgotten and left to the wayside. And the current version of him might as well be an entirely new character after what he went through.
    Synch barely had a chance to do things before dying.

There is no way he is the same Synch everyone knows, that would be pure BS. It's a long time running and just surviving to just get out ok.
    Also people are trying very hard force fed Laura fans on the possible romance, just no, stop doing that.

I don't think we will get ny Jean/Scott melodrama, there isn't a solid couple for it and stories have been very light on that.

Laura won't have a solo because she has to be a love interest on X-men, is not very exciting. Laura went a long way to not be defined by romantic relationships, specially one that says nothing about her
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-16-2021 at 06:22 PM.