Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVED it!
    And the Look he gave her just before she cut him...oomph!

And I love that their Vault costumes are very "couple-y" here.
    Well I hate art wasted with an idea like... "these two together"

And by the way. What he wore in the Vault was not what he is wearing now.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Its not bad but we all know Laura’s perfect match is Jubilee..
    Exactly! It could be adorable, if I didn't want Laura to have a girlfriend (her and Jubes were my favorite non-confirmed couple). Also, I feel like this scene it's too much "In your face", since that's not really how people act nor how that would normally play out.

While in X-Men art is still gorgeous, I'd love for Laura to be something more, then stabby love interest. We know about Synch feelings, but no idea how she feels, anything. She has so little characterization/speaking role that I'm not sure how she's written. Definitely on plus is her protecting a teammate, not goofing around with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVED it!
    And the Look he gave her just before she cut him...oomph!

And I love that their Vault costumes are very "couple-y" here.
    Agreed! I hope we keep getting little moments like this sprinkled throughout the book until they're able to have a conversation. The people who are always whining will continue to whine, but I'm shipping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Exactly! It could be adorable, if I didn't want Laura to have a girlfriend (her and Jubes were my favorite non-confirmed couple). Also, I feel like this scene it's too much "In your face", since that's not really how people act nor how that would normally play out.

While in X-Men art is still gorgeous, I'd love for Laura to be something more, then stabby love interest. We know about Synch feelings, but no idea how she feels, anything. She has so little characterization/speaking role that I'm not sure how she's written. Definitely on plus is her protecting a teammate, not goofing around with others.
    Now that last point was well thought and I do agree with you 120% . Even with being a n Everett fan, I still think its a shame that we aren't getting good solid character moments that stand out for Laura. I know she's a visual character per her mutation, we still have know WHO she is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleMumble View Post
    spoilers:
    Attachment 113978
    end of spoilers

Strangely sensual
    This was such a great moment. I can't wait for Duggan to explore Laura's feelings towards Synch I definitely feel like Laura senses the attraction between them. Like some part of her remembers the decades they spent together.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This was such a great moment. I can't wait for Duggan to explore Laura's feelings towards Synch I definitely feel like Laura senses the attraction between them. Like some part of her remembers the decades they spent together.
    Let’s hope that they don’t go that way. I’m a diehard romantic but that route leads only to madness. It would be akin to Laura being attracted to a random character because an AU version of her was. With infinity AU’s out there it just gets messy real quickly.

Seeing that Laura wasn’t instantly attracted to Synch in their 500 year guerilla war in the vault it would make sense that she isn’t this time around either. What has changed this time is Synch. Now that would probably register with someone with such sharp senses as Laura. Possible leading her to notice Synch more then she otherwise would have. Now that might lead to something for her.

Until we actually get them talking to each other it’s just people projecting. They are pretty close to the definition of a blank canvas.

Line it is drawn

That’s pretty awesome. Love the Logan-Laura X-Force one.

Well I would definitely say that Taylor made sure to give Laura her moments in Dark Ages #2, in her full All-new Wolverine costume no less give or take a few apocalypse inspired bits. Not to mention he gave her and Gabby (yes she’s in this) an interesting new job to say the least in terms of end of the world as we know it work.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I would definitely say that Taylor made sure to give Laura her moments in Dark Ages #2, in her full All-new Wolverine costume no less give or take a few apocalypse inspired bits. Not to mention he gave her and Gabby (yes she’s in this) an interesting new job to say the least in terms of end of the world as we know it work.
    Just read both issues. Wow, I’m impressed. Good stuff.

Also, it’s refreshing to see Laura not just saying some variation of “grr, let me at ‘em!” In her small panel appearances. It’s the little things that matter to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Just read both issues. Wow, I’m impressed. Good stuff.

Also, it’s refreshing to see Laura not just saying some variation of “grr, let me at ‘em!” In her small panel appearances. It’s the little things that matter to me.
    I really wish Taylor would come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I really wish Taylor would come back.
    I had my issues with some of the ways he wrote her, but he’s light years ahead how she’s mostly written lately. I would
    Be happy to see him return.

Like to be honest, I don’t see the Laura I know pulling out her claws and telling a teammate “what are you looking at?”

BANNED

This needs to happen in X-Men #4:

Nightmare: H-how can you still be functioning?

Laura: Have you not been paying attention? My whole life from the day I was born has been a nightmare, and worse people than you have tried to terrorize me in my dreams. I learned a long time ago not to be afraid of the dark. *snikt*

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This needs to happen in X-Men #4:

Nightmare: H-how can you still be functioning?

Laura: Have you not been paying attention? My whole life from the day I was born has been a nightmare, and worse people than you have tried to terrorize me in my dreams. I learned a long time ago not to be afraid of the dark. *snikt*
    That would be amazing, beating up this guy would be perfect for Laura to be highlighted.
    I'm quite anxious for Wednesday to come, as I think 4 issues is enough to see if characterization is on point, especially since we have only 12 issues with this team. The art is amazing, but it's not enough.

What you've posted would be Amazing tier of what can happen, but I'm having trouble believing it can come true, just as writers admitting that she's skilled assassin, not a feral berserker/Logan with ****.
    The Good would be if we see Laura having nightmares about her past, actually acknowledging who she is (and how she is not femLogan), being important to resolving this plot, maybe having her point of view of her missing Vault years, how she feels that there was someone who was her, and she disappeared, if she's interested in knowing or not. Also acknowledgement of her years in All-New X-Men, in weird way her being childhood friend of Cyclops and Jean.
    The Bad of course is if Laura is once again only there to be Synchs love interest, we only hear his side of everything that happens, she growls, stabs and snarks. Synch and Jean solve the problem and talk about Laura while she's somewhere else.
    The Worst would probably be if she has nightmares about Vault/Synch, since she has no knowledge about what happened, nor has she ever stated to be interested in Synch. And calling someone "bub" while drinking beer, idk.