Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What do you mean "without agency"? She obviously loved him back and sacrificed herself so he and the X-Men as a whole would profit from their excursion.
    Because we never SAW it. The entire thing was TOLD to us through Sync's narration. We didn't get to see this develop. We didn't get to hear Laura's own words or perspective. And then she FUCKING DIES (in a setup which comes uncomfortably close to fridging) and the whole thing doesn't even matter in the end because she's reset back to where she started with no memories of the events. She is literally existing as nothing more than a prop for Synch's character development. THAT is what "without agency" means.

All-New Member

Yeah, because black people have more spotlight than women... I would get the criticism if it were other character but Everett deserved the spotlight and Laura had a lot of focus through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ameri View Post
    Yeah, because black people have more spotlight than women... I would get the criticism if it were other character but Everett deserved the spotlight and Laura had a lot of focus through the years.
    This i snot fair. It's not like women also suffer a lot on comics. it is very insensible just switch then and say it is ok.
    it isn't ok at all.
    Women also deserve respect

meanwhile white male characters keep getting good like kid Cable and Quentin. But Laura has to be get a hit.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This i snot fair. It's not like women also suffer a lot on comics. it is very insensible just switch then and say it is ok.
    it isn't ok at all.
    women also deserve respect
    Of course, but I don't think they are being disrespectfully to Laura they just considered that Synch deserved the spotlight and I think people are being hard on him and damn it is so good to see a black character getting focus.

Of course, but I don't think they are being disrespectfully to Laura they just considered that Synch deserved the spotlight and I think people are being hard on him and damn it is so good to see a black character getting focus.
    For sure they were disrespectiful to her. This would never happen to a white male character. She hasn't a story since 2018.

BANNED

Race doesn't factor into it at all. She was reduced to just an object in this story. Her death in the vault wasn't even about her, it was about Synch. It wouldn't have been any damn different had it been a white character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Race doesn't factor into it at all. She was reduced to just an object in this story. Her death in the vault wasn't even about her, it was about Synch. It wouldn't have been any damn different had it been a white character.
    At least if the character was white nobody would defend crap writing

It happened like we all thought. Laura died and forgets all of it so we can still have the same Laura and not have another giant bucket of PTSD shoved onto her. I'm still disappointed that we never got to hear Laura's thoughts on the resurrections/cloning before this, because now I'll always have the suspicion that she's only OK with it because when they brought her back they messed with her memories and emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It happened like we all thought. Laura died and forgets all of it so we can still have the same Laura and not have another giant bucket of PTSD shoved onto her. I'm still disappointed that we never got to hear Laura's thoughts on the resurrections/cloning before this, because now I'll always have the suspicion that she's only OK with it because when they brought her back they messed with her memories and emotions.
    They started that thread with Gabby questioning the system in New Mutants so I’m hoping we get some follow-up when they reunite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They started that thread with Gabby questioning the system in New Mutants so I’m hoping we get some follow-up when they reunite.
    Everything with Gabby could quickly dovetail into a straight up horror story and I already feel so bad for the girl. Run away as fast as you can! This whole island might as well be made of giant red flags!

Fallen Angels was badly written (or maybe it is just horrible art) but it had Laura being very suspicious about Krakoa and tying to help people outside of krakoa, but it was quickly forgotten when the book ended.
    She probably just drinking the same kool aid the others are drinking

Everything with Gabby could quickly dovetail into a straight up horror story and I already feel so bad for the girl. Run away as fast as you can! This whole island might as well be made of giant red flags!
    The issue where Gabby was like, “Laura would have spent time with me...” when both Daken and Logan were ignoring her brought me to tears. Glad big sis is back.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Today's X-Men book was pretty good!

Spectacular Member

Majority of x-men stories by hickman are waste of time

it can't never be health. That flew the window when Synch remember allthe time they had together
    Thats a lie. They have a great romance there, if written well

Spectacular Member

it isn't ok at all.
    Women also deserve respect

meanwhile white male characters keep getting good like kid Cable and Quentin. But Laura has to be get a hit.
    Comment makes no sense. White woman get respect all the time. Some seem to not like that a black man got spotlight and a white woman loved him .