Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    he tried to start a conversation
    Does that make him a bad person? Seems very tame to me.

Why is Laura talking to Dakken? I haven't been reading X-factor but I vaugly remember that they are trying to show him as less of an a-hole there. Still why him and not... well anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was in the Vault for 100 years. There was PLENTY of time to get romantic with someone, especially since she herself spent large chunks of it alone. Its a natural human reaction
    The less you think of the actual ramifications that ordeal would have on a person the better. We accept that things like humour, romance and friendship are tools to keep them sane but it's not enough. They would have gone mad. Finished the mission perhaps but still mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Why is Laura talking to Dakken? I haven't been reading X-factor but I vaugly remember that they are trying to show him as less of an a-hole there. Still why him and not... well anyone else?
    Why wouldnt she talk to Daken? He's her brother of sorts and they have a relationship. He is one of the few that she is close to on Krakoa that also has a relationship with Gabby (and we know she sought him out when Laura was missing). It makes sense that she would go to him about Gabby

The less you think of the actual ramifications that ordeal would have on a person the better. We accept that things like humour, romance and friendship are tools to keep them sane but it's not enough. They would have gone mad. Finished the mission perhaps but still mad.
    Romance wouldn't save people from going mad locked up for 500 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Does that make him a bad person? Seems very tame to me.
    He clearly already made it weird with Laur efore, that is why she cut him

Why wouldnt she talk to Daken? He's her brother of sorts and they have a relationship. He is one of the few that she is close to on Krakoa that also has a relationship with Gabby (and we know she sought him out when Laura was missing). It makes sense that she would go to him about Gabby
    I haven't been reading New Mutants either. Witch I guess had that Gabby and Daken scene you are mentioning.

The Daken I remember reading would not be a person one comes to after an event such as this. Brother or not. So when did they become close enough for this?

I haven't been reading New Mutants either. Witch I guess had that Gabby and Daken scene you are mentioning.

The Daken I remember reading would not be a person one comes to after an event such as this. Brother or not. So when did they become close enough for this?
    They've actually got a pretty good relationship. Like one of the only healthy relationships he has.

DakenLaura.jpg
    Last edited by Nazrel; 06-16-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

All New Wolverine

All New Wolverine
    I’ll have to reread some issues.

Everything started with subtle exchange in Collision. Daken was still a-hole, but there was chemistry between them (family, not romance - not native to english so I'm not sure if that's the way to say it).
    Then you have Wolverines, where Daken got seriously hurt, Laura was by his side in "hospital" or something, telling him, that he's the only family she has left - that was after Death of Wolverine and before Gabby first appearance and I think that was the first time they genuinely were shown caring for each other.
    In All New Wolverine it's shown even more, they are continuing more brother-sister relationship in Immune and Orphans of X arcs.

As it comes to Rang10 - ignore them, whatever canon they might have it's only in their head.
    While I don't like idea of a paring, accusing Synch of those things is disgusting.
    Even more disgusting is coloring Laura as only a victim, without power to do anything against someone who wants romance with her.
    Mind you, this is appreciation thread, and you shouldn't talk mean things against character thread is about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    They've actually got a pretty good relationship. Like one of the only healthy relationships he has.

DakenLaura.jpg
    What I really like about their relationship is that while Laura genuinely cares for him (and vice-versa; making Laura and Gabby probably the only two people he genuinely does) and she's willing to give him some benefit of the doubt, she's also smart enough to pick up on his BS and not get blinded by trust. Like when Daken tried to flirt with/manipulate Megan in Orphans of X and Laura put her foot down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What I really like about their relationship is that while Laura genuinely cares for him (and vice-versa; making Laura and Gabby probably the only two people he genuinely does) and she's willing to give him some benefit of the doubt, she's also smart enough to pick up on his BS and not get blinded by trust. Like when Daken tried to flirt with/manipulate Megan in Orphans of X and Laura put her foot down.
    Reading all of this, I'm starting to believe Daken, Laura, and Gabby have a better/healthier relationship with each other than with Logan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Reading all of this, I'm starting to believe Daken, Laura, and Gabby have a better/healthier relationship with each other than with Logan.
    They do. Hell gambit is more of a dad to her then logan

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They do. Hell gambit is more of a dad to her then logan
    Both are true. Logan is a terrible father

I love Clayton Crain's new variant cover for X-Men #1.

X-Men_01_2021_cover.jpg