Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He saw her one time and already making hearts eyes to her. The whle base for Synch is laura is a garbage can of creepiness

She should just say no. Women have to be able to say no without feeling bad for it or even worse. It is his problem not hers
    I know. The problem is its comics and she's on a team book. They need a romance element because reasion so for better or worse were probably stuck with Laura as a tsunderi or what ever hinta from naruo was

When I said she wasn't consenting? She was consenting but the context is all wrong. There is little romance to see, people accept too much poor writing.

never said he planned to do this. But he used the situation to get with her, that is really problematic

You said that he took advantage and used the situation to get a romance out of her. Those are the type of words that I personally reserve for creeps and predators. If she consented to a relationship, it's not really problematic, unless there was coercion involved (which was not shown on the page).

I do wholeheartedly agree that it was a poor set-up and I would prefer both characters be separate from each other romantically, primarily because I love them both and want them to grow without fans disparaging them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I know. The problem is its comics and she's on a team book. They need a romance element because reasion so for better or worse were probably stuck with Laura as a tsunderi or what ever hinta from naruo was
    They have Jean/Scott, Rogue is married to Gambit. I dont think this was needed for the book. This looks like trying to elevate a character using Laura.

Astonishing Member

They have Jean/Scott, Rogue is married to Gambit. I dont think this was needed for the book. This looks like trying to elevate a character using Laura.
    Oh. In that case it could be such a weird situation she literly has no idea what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You said that he took advantage and used the situation to get a romance out of her. Those are the type of words that I personally reserve for creeps and predators. If she consented to a relationship, it's not really problematic, unless there was coercion involved (which was not shown on the page).

I do wholeheartedly agree that it was a poor set-up and I would prefer both characters be separate from each other romantically, primarily because I love them both and want them to grow without fans disparaging them.
    That happened and I use the words for what I read. He took a awful situation to start dating her on a fragile moment and he still trying to start something with her.
    Take advantage doesn't always means without consenting, it often means consent on situations that it shouldn't happen. This is the same for Emma doing therapy on Scott and starting a affair using it.

Writers have to stop forcing romances. Gabby and Laura are the best and we dont see them interating for years and they come forcing a guy on her from nowhere? That is sexism on the finest. it makes me miss Liu and Taylor days.

It owuld be uch better without a romance with a crappy set up

That happened and I use the words for what I read. He took a awful situation to start dating her on a fragile moment and he still trying to start something with her.
    Take advantage doesn't always means without consenting, it often means consent on situations that it shouldn't happen. This is the same for Emma doing therapy on Scott and starting a affair using it.

Writers have to stop forcing romances. Gabby and Laura are the best and we dont see them interating for years and they come forcing a guy on her from nowhere? That is sexism on the finest. it makes me miss Liu and Taylor days.

How do you know she didnt initiate the romance and open up to him first?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How do you know she didnt initiate the romance and open up to him first?
    That's entirely the problem: We don't know ANYTHING about what Laura was thinking or feeling during the relationship because she was nothing more than a prop to fuel Synch's character development. The writing of the relationship wasn't invested in her at all, it was entirely about him.

As much as I hated how Laura/Warren played out, at least we got to see the relationship from both sides (even if those sides were stupid).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's entirely the problem: We don't know ANYTHING about what Laura was thinking or feeling during the relationship because she was nothing more than a prop to fuel Synch's character development. The writing of the relationship wasn't invested in her at all, it was entirely about him.

As much as I hated how Laura/Warren played out, at least we got to see the relationship from both sides (even if those sides were stupid).
    True, but its a big leap to demonize Synch for something that people dont know about

Two entirely different situations, because Scott went to Emma for therapy so there is a clear power imbalance. What power imbalance is there between Synch and Laura? He was just as vulnerable due to the constant threat of attack from living in the vault. In fact, the data pages showed us that Synch wasn’t adjusting well to being resurrected prior to the vault mission. We also have no idea if he is trying to start something with her again. In this issue of New Mutants he was going over to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

We didnt saw, but is very obvious that they guy that had a crush would make moves

Two entirely different situations, because Scott went to Emma for therapy so there is a clear power imbalance. What power imbalance is there between Synch and Laura? He was just as vulnerable due to the constant threat of attack from living in the vault. In fact, the data pages showed us that Synch wasn’t adjusting well to being resurrected prior to the vault mission. We also have no idea if he is trying to start something with her again. In this issue of New Mutants he was going over to say hello.
    He doesn't look any vulnerable. He didn't even got PTSD from that. he still got advantage of his enviroment to get a romance with her

If he was trying to say hello and Laura stopped it is because he still trying to win her. So it wasn't a simply hello
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-16-2021 at 10:28 AM.

We didnt saw, but is very obvious that they guy that had a crush would make moves

He doesn't look any vulnerable. He didn't even got PTSD from that. he still got advantage of his enviroment to get a romance with her

If he was trying to say hello and Laura stopped it is because he still trying to win her. So it wasn't a simply hello
    Except thats not always how it works. Scott was the first one to be shown to have feelings but it was Jean that ended up making the first move

Like Kingdom X said, Synch was having problems mentally adjusting. The data pages explained that and its the reason why Skin was bumped up in the queue, to help him adjust. He went from that to being thrust into a world for 100 years alone for large chunks of the time except when he was with Darwin and Laura. Its natural for people in those circumstances to grow closer and again you dont know that he initiated anything or how long it took for something to even develop

You are jumping to conclusions with that last part. There has been no evidence shown that he is trying to win her. We actually dont know what is up and wont until they are expanded on in the new seriess

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Except thats not always how it works. Scott was the first one to be shown to have feelings but it was Jean that ended up making the first move

Like Kingdom X said, Synch was having problems mentally adjusting. The data pages explained that and its the reason why Skin was bumped up in the queue, to help him adjust. He went from that to being thrust into a world for 100 years alone for large chunks of the time except when he was with Darwin and Laura. Its natural for people in those circumstances to grow closer and again you dont know that he initiated anything or how long it took for something to even develop

You are jumping to conclusions with that last part. There has been no evidence shown that he is trying to win her. We actually dont know what is up and wont until they are expanded on in the new seriess
    people really think that laura would find time for romance? she is mission focused and she isn't a fragile woman that needs to enter romance with the first guy she sees. she left it behind with teen Angel

What does a vulnerable comic book character look like? Also, please point me towards the panel that directly states that Synch was trying to “win her” this issue.

Also entering a romance does not make you “fragile”. Do I like the way this one has been written so far? No. But Laura can be just as strong and fierce as she ever was with a love interest. Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. In fact if written well, I think it’d be very inspiring to see Laura in a healthy romance one day showing that trauma survivors can still make those connections.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 06-16-2021 at 10:41 AM.

What does a vulnerable comic book character look like? Also, please point me towards the panel that directly states that Synch was trying to “win her” this issue.
    he tried to start a conversation

people really think that laura would find time for romance? she is mission focused and she isn't a fragile woman that needs to enter romance with the first guy she sees. she left it behind with teen Angel
    She was in the Vault for 100 years. There was PLENTY of time to get romantic with someone, especially since she herself spent large chunks of it alone. Its a natural human reaction