Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's not any worse than what we just watched happen.

Laura had no actual agency in it. The narration declared it to be and it was. She literally existed in this story solely for Synch's development.
    Yes, the story is to tell what Synch wants and then he got it, with little regard to what Laura wants or thinks. This kinda of story is so sexist, i don't find anything cute about it.

looking on the romances going on in x-men comics, they are all told by male POV. Men are protagonists, women are just love interests

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly how i feel. I will be the first to come back and be like "ok, that was dumb" This feels like a plot he wants to work on to me.
    Facts. If they’re not on a team and this isn’t further explored then Hickman is really wasting time and energy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought it was interesting the first time we saw his rainbow signature was the end of this issue when Laura popped her claws. This story could go many ways. Laura falling for him, him being obsessed, or laura not falling for him and him accepting it. I'm in. lol
    I hope they can just be in a health romance and maybe it works or they part ways after dating

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Facts. If they’re not on a team and this isn’t further explored then Hickman is really wasting time and energy.
    Majority of x-men stories by hickman are waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    I hope they can just be in a health romance and maybe it works or they part ways after dating
    it can't never be health. That flew the window when Synch remember allthe time they had together
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-31-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    it can't never be health. That flew the window when Synch remember allthe time they had together
    That all depends on how much space he gives her. If he goes full Hawkman talking about “We’re soulmates and we’re meant to be together even if you don’t remember,” then I’m going to be mad at Hickman for brining back one of the few black X-Men just to be a creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That all depends on how much space he gives her. If he goes full Hawkman talking about “We’re soulmates and we’re meant to be together even if you don’t remember,” then I’m going to be mad at Hickman for brining back one of the few black X-Men just to be a creep.
    I don't think it is going to happen like Hawkman, but it still wrong. He has a lot of knowledge about her that she doesn't, it is very creeppy.
    And it automatically makes him the POV, not her.

Im not interested in a romance with Laura, she is much better without it. I want her solo back with Gabby and Johnathan.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Majority of x-men stories by hickman are waste of time

House of x and powers of x were a waste of time?

Not a fan how fandom throw women under the bus for their fave male character. I wasn't a fan of romance for laura before this, Now i'm more against him.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How the hell does ONE random hook-up throw Laura under the bus?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How the hell does ONE random hook-up throw Laura under the bus?
    She hasn't had good issue about her since 2018. And then she is used as love interest without agency

What do you mean "without agency"? She obviously loved him back and sacrificed herself so he and the X-Men as a whole would profit from their excursion.
    "Cable was right!"

What do you mean "without agency"? She obviously loved him back and sacrificed herself so he and the X-Men as a whole would profit from their excursion.
    Because Synch is what mattered. he was into her since the first issue and he was the only male around her all that time.

Because Synch is what mattered. he was into her since the first issue and he was the only male around her all that time.
    Darwin was RIGHT THERE.
    They started their relationship before Darwin got captured and honestly Darwin got the worst of the 3 of them.
    "Cable was right!"

In theory there is nothing inherintly wrong with Synch and Laura being involved. Under a good writer it might be built into something believable, enterataining and engaging. We did not get that here. What we got is that Synch loves Laura. No reason why it must be him and her in terms of why their personalites work togheter and attract one and another. A reason why the "isolate them and let them fall in love" is cheap is because it forces something while never specifing why it must be them. It's more from promixity and exclusion. I love South Park - Cartman finds love spoof of it.

Even if Hickman wants to build upon it in the future Synch in essence loves a woman who doesn't exist. She might exist in the future. Or she might not. With friends and other experiences she might become someone who he will never love and vice versa. Their love was built under very specific circumstances. Witch are now removed from her, but kept for him. Add to that he himself is a 100+ years old man stuck in the body of a early tweenty boy. He isn't really made to fit into society anymore. Any society. Talk about severe PTSD. If not from the experience itself but from coming back from it and being defaulted this way. Emma will have to work overtime to rehabilitate him.

The more you think about this the more convoluted it becomes.
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-31-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Darwin was RIGHT THERE.
    They started their relationship before Darwin got captured and honestly Darwin got the worst of the 3 of them.
    gonna read again, but that still is a very small set of options and it was Synch tht was into her.

Darwin was RIGHT THERE.
    gonna read again, but that still is a very small set of options and it was Synch tht was into her.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    In theory there is nothing inherintly wrong with Synch and Laura being involved. Under a good writer it might be built into something believable, enterataining and engaging. We did not get that here. What we got is that Synch loves Laura. No reason why it must be him and her in terms of why their personalites work togheter and attract one and another. A reason why the "isolate them and let them fall in love" is cheap is because it forces something while never specifing why it must be them. It's more from promixity and exclusion. I love South Park - Cartman finds love spoof of it.

Even if Hickman wants to build upon it in the future Synch in essence loves a woman who doesn't exist. She might exist in the future. Or she might not. With friends and other experiences she might become someone who he will never love and vice versa. Their love was built under very specific circumstances. Witch are now removed from her, but kept for him. Add to that he himself is a 100+ years old man stuck in the body of a early tweenty boy. He isn't really made to fit into society anymore. Any society. Talk about severe PTSD. If not from the experience itself but from coming back from it and being defaulted this way. Emma will have to work overtime to rehabilitate him.

The more you think about this the more convulated it becomes.
    It's really very convluted. The story was told from only one perspective and is very specific. That Laura is dead
    Realistically synch wouldn't be ready to live on society after such trauma but it is Hickman writing.
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-31-2021 at 12:32 PM.