Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The art in that book was really weird and super dark for no reason. One of the only books i regret wasting my money on in the Hickman era.
    It was impossible to read some pages digital the lazy color splash hurt my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I didn't like that book, but that panel is brilliant. Kwannon is being condescending, and X-23 is verbally noting that and not taking her eyes off the enemy.

What are the top ten X-23 stories - in order?
    I like Target X

Also I'm surprised at the reaction to X-men 19, I wasn't expecting this amount of push back. I thought her portrayal was fine given that it was from Synchs memories. It would've been nice to get something from her perspective since she's been on ice for so long but I'm ok with the results as of right now. I'm assuming they're going to show Synch pursuing her but ultimately failing so I don't think their relationship is going further than this issue.
    I didn't really see anything wrong either. The story was told from past tense, and if she didn't remember (because she technically never lived it), than it makes sense it wouldn't be from her perspective.

It would be nice to have some stories from her perspective.

Also I'm surprised at the reaction to X-men 19, I wasn't expecting this amount of push back. I thought her portrayal was fine given that it was from Synchs memories. It would've been nice to get something from her perspective since she's been on ice for so long but I'm ok with the results as of right now. I'm assuming they're going to show Synch pursuing her but ultimately failing so I don't think their relationship is going further than this issue.
    Why surprised? laura was used as prop to another chaarcter, of course majority won't like it

Majority? Its like 2 or 3 people. Most of the people that have commented on the issue have loved it and dont have a problem with how things went down

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Majority? Its like 2 or 3 people. Most of the people that have commented on the issue have loved it and dont have a problem with how things went down
    Here on the forums might be, but outside is another story

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Did it have a lot of backlash on twitter or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Did it have a lot of backlash on twitter or something?
    Yes. of course it is Twitter

Why surprised? laura was used as prop to another chaarcter, of course majority won't like it
    I keep reading that but i don't see it that way even if i can empathize with some of the criticisms. The only one you can really make that case for is Darwin and his fanbase isn't big enough to cause a real uproar.
    Last edited by 9th.; 04-02-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Also I wanted to make this my avatar but someone beat me to it

Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Majority? Its like 2 or 3 people. Most of the people that have commented on the issue have loved it and don't have a problem with how things went down
    Yeah I feel like this is all getting out of hand.

I like Laura, loved her in Innocence Lost, NYX, X-Force and All-New Wolverine, she's an awesome character. I can see how her super loyal fans would be upset by her treatment in Fallen Angels and then experiencing her absence from the books but X-Men #19 was a damn good book. Was Laura the sole focus? No, but it isn't the end of the world event for her that so many folks seem to be making it out to be.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I keep reading that but i don't see it that way even if i can empathize with some of the criticisms. The only one you can really make that case for is Darwin and his fanbase isn't big enough to case a real uproar.
    That is true, Darwin have no fan base.

Laura didn't received any character development, she was just there to be a love interest

Also I wanted to make this my avatar but someone beat me to it

The art is great but the character is wrong. Laura simply doesn't snikt like this
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-02-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Im not checking for other boards and I dont believe 9th's comment was about reaction for anything outside of whats been going down here

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It was impossible to read some pages digital the lazy color splash hurt my eyes
    Fallen Angels had scenes where the only thing that wasn't dark was the character's faces or Cable's eye. It was horrid.
    "Cable was right!"

Im not checking for other boards and I dont believe 9th's comment was about reaction for anything outside of whats been going down here
    You're absolutely right, i haven't checked any comments outside of this forum.

Not really happy that they went the "clone resurrection" route in and of itself, but I kinda think that it's the lesser of two evils in regards to getting the character back to normal. At least it'll make getting past the Hickman era easier once stuff starts going back to normal.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)