Laura's Love Interest Rankings
    1. Hellion
    2. Synch
    3. Jubilee
    4. Teen Scott
    5. That one time DJ hit on her before he died at the bus

10. Teen Angel
    end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Well I'm out.
    Tell me if Moria dies and timeline gets reset.
    Right?
    it did nothing for Laura. A omplete waste of the character as love interest. IDK why x-en books only tell romance from the male POV and in creepy ways

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH the whole thing falls flat, and IMO exemplifies the single biggest problem of the Hickman era: An over-reliance on TELLING rather than SHOWING.

spoilers:
    I HATE the data pages. That's four whole pages wasted on charts and graphs that could have been used to SHOW us the relationship developing rather than largely having to rely on Sync's narration to tell us about it. There was no real chemistry or development.

Even in the context of the larger plot, most of what was in that flow chart this issue ended up on-panel, anyway, so what is even the point of them in the first place? Use those pages for ACTUAL CONTENT instead of filler.
    end of spoilers
    They decompressed too much the first issue, so this one had to do 90% of the story.

spoilers:
    there wasn't chemistry. It was a case of one woman and oe man being alone for decades. Not the best way to tell love stories
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-31-2021 at 07:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Pretty much went the way I was expected...could have been worse

spoilers:
    1. Hellion
    2. Synch
    3. Jubilee
    4. Teen Scott

10. Teen Angel
    end of spoilers
    Sync doesn't even chart. At all. The relationship only existed for HIS development, and is completely irrelevant to Laura (spoilers:
    seeing as she DIED and was res'ed without the memory
    end of spoilers). Worse, we never got to hear her voice because the whole thing was force-fed to us from HIS NARRATION.

At least with Warren we actually got to hear HER perspective (as mishandled as it was).

X-23 didn't get to remember so at most Synch will be pining for her, trying to get her to see him which imo makes for an interesting dynamic. we are going into this with Synch in love with her and her having no memeory of their time in the vault.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Y'all read too much romance crap. This pairing is never coming up again from Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Pretty much went the way I was expected...could have been worse

spoilers:
    1. Hellion
    2. Synch
    3. Jubilee
    4. Teen Scott

10. Teen Angel
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Warren's too high on that list, G.
    end of spoilers
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sync doesn't even chart. At all. The relationship only existed for HIS development, and is completely irrelevant to Laura (spoilers:
    seeing as she DIED and was res'ed without the memory
    end of spoilers). Worse, we never got to hear her voice because the whole thing was force-fed to us from HIS NARRATION.

At least with Warren we actually got to hear HER perspective (as mishandled as it was).
    Yeah I’m struggling with this myself. I thoroughly miss hearing her voice and perspective and but I also feel for Synch cause he NEEDED a strong reintroduction after being gone for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m struggling with this myself. I thoroughly miss hearing her voice and perspective and but I also feel for Synch cause he NEEDED a strong reintroduction after being gone for so long.
    Honestly i feel hickman set up for them to both be on the x-men team and him to play off it. That is where we will get laura voice. Hope i'm right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    X-23 didn't get to remember so at most Synch will be pining for her, trying to get her to see him which imo makes for an interesting dynamic. we are going into this with Synch in love with her and her having no memeory of their time in the vault.
    This is a very cringey way of trying to make a love story happen

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly i feel hickman set up for them to both be on the x-men team and him to play off it. That is where we will get laura voice. Hope i'm right.
    Yeah I don’t know what Hickman’s thinking if this wasn’t set up for them to be on the new team

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    it didn't needed to happen on Laura getting worse. She hold solos for a lot and being reduced to a love interest is really bad.
    And hickman set up Synch badly

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    which is every love story involving the nerd in love with the cheer leader, or any rom com from the 90s. It all depends on execution.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not any worse than what we just watched happen.

Laura had no actual agency in it. The narration declared it to be and it was. She literally existed in this story solely for Synch's development.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah I don’t know what Hickman’s thinking if this wasn’t set up for them to be on the new team
    Exactly how i feel. I will be the first to come back and be like "ok, that was dumb" This feels like a plot he wants to work on to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

Great issue, I hope they become a couple after all this. They would be cute and their power are great together

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Great issue, I hope they become a couple after all this. They would be cute and their power are great together
    I thought it was interesting the first time we saw his rainbow signature was the end of this issue when Laura popped her claws. This story could go many ways. Laura falling for him, him being obsessed, or laura not falling for him and him accepting it. I'm in. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.