Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fridging is ultimately where the death or maiming of a female character's sole narrative purpose is to affect a male character. Laura's death wasn't about her development. The only purpose it served was to provide Synch with character development. How long it lasts doesn't matter, what matters is how it's used in the story.
    It wasn't only her death, the whole story is about Synch. Laura deserves her own story, she deserves her solo book. We still don't have a solo female book on this new era.

Hope she follow her own path, I really dont want another female characte fave being hidden because of a dumb relationship

Barbara was on wheelchair for more than 10 years, but she received mostly of character development being on a wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It wasn't only her death, the whole story is about Synch. Laura deserves her own story, she deserves her solo book. We still don't have a solo female book on this new era.

Hope she follow her own path, I really dont want another female characte fave being hidden because of a dumb relationship

Barbara was on wheelchair for more than 10 years, but she received mostly of character development being on a wheelchair
    Fallen Angels was for all intents and purposes was a Kwannon solo

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Fallen Angels was for all intents and purposes was a Kwannon solo
    It was marketed as a trio team.

It was marketed as a trio team.
    And thats not how things panned out. The book was all about Kwannon, going into her backstory, defining and developing her as a character. She was lead and it was presented entirely from her POV. X-23 and Cable were just props and used to push Kwannon's development along (Kwannon got to be shown as a leader and mentor to them). It wasnt a team book. It was no different than Wolverine's solos where he has multiple X-men tagging along with him

And thats not how things panned out. The book was all about Kwannon, going into her backstory, defining and developing her as a character. She was lead and it was presented entirely from her POV. X-23 and Cable were just props and used to push Kwannon's development along (Kwannon got to be shown as a leader and mentor to them). It wasnt a team book. It was no different than Wolverine's solos where he has multiple X-men tagging along with him
    It ended up being a mini, but it was meant to be a ongoing maybe next 6 would focus on Laura or Cable. I still think they had a decent panel time.

It ended up being a mini, but it was meant to be a ongoing maybe next 6 would focus on Laura or Cable. I still think they had a decent panel time.
    can you even think of anything of consequence that eve happened with them?

can you even think of anything of consequence that eve happened with them?
    I barely read that, the art really hurt my eyes. ¨issue sisn't enough to develop 3 characters to life changing staus

I barely read that, the art really hurt my eyes. ¨issue sisn't enough to develop 3 characters to life changing staus
    Oh okay. All I remember of Laura is that they regressed her in order to have her be a trainee so that Kwannon could mentor her even though she had less relevant experience by this point and I honestly cant recall much about Cable. I think he was kidnapped and they had to rescue him. Husk and Bling! were thrown in there towards the end and did nothing

Oh okay. All I remember of Laura is that they regressed her in order to have her be a trainee so that Kwannon could mentor her even though she had less relevant experience by this point and I honestly cant recall much about Cable. I think he was kidnapped and they had to rescue him. Husk and Bling! were thrown in there towards the end and did nothing
    Now that was a mess. I remember how all of a sudden Laura had no direction in life and no place in paradise after just coming off a run where she found her place. I remember out of the blue her becoming overly protective of kwannon and one scene that really stans out is when she was all "you have a daughter." like that made everything kwannon wasn't telling them make all the sense in the world.

I also remember kwannon having to tell Laura not to kill innocent kids as though she was some wild animal that didn't know better. And let's not forget the rage laura gave up on anyone ever understanding.

I have to say both have come a long way from that travesty.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think it is accurate with what I remember. Cable also regressed, he wasn't the badass from X-force. I think bot being regressed to rookies was a editorial note
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-01-2021 at 03:44 PM.

I think it is accurate with what I remember. Cable also regressed, he wasn't the badass from X-force. I think bot being regressed to rookies was a editorial note
    There was a lot of finger waving too. fallenangel.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ugh, that just reminds me that Hill wrote one of my least favorite Laura

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I didn't like that book, but that panel is brilliant. Kwannon is being condescending, and X-23 is verbally noting that and not taking her eyes off the enemy.

What are the top ten X-23 stories - in order?

The art in that book was really weird and super dark for no reason. One of the only books i regret wasting my money on in the Hickman era.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Also I'm surprised at the reaction to X-men 19, I wasn't expecting this amount of push back. I thought her portrayal was fine given that it was from Synchs memories. It would've been nice to get something from her perspective since she's been on ice for so long but I'm ok with the results as of right now. I'm assuming they're going to show Synch pursuing her but ultimately failing so I don't think their relationship is going further than this issue.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8