Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Laura likes to eat shrimps when no one is looking. Hellfire Gala is such a waste of time so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    Laura likes to eat shrimps when no one is looking. Hellfire Gala is such a waste of time so far.
    Yep. 99% filler

Astonishing Member

I'd like to think that having been locked in the vault with no good food for years, she's raided the buffet and was devouring food non stop for hours
    20210609_143156.jpg

Amazing Member

She doesn't remember anything from the Vault and according to Gabby she didn't take it well. Maybe eating shrimps is Laura's way to fight stress.

BANNED

She doesn't remember anything from the Vault and according to Gabby she didn't take it well. Maybe eating shrimps is Laura's way to fight stress.
    Got a scan of that comment from Gabby?

Because if there's anything Laura needs, it's more existential stress.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Got a scan of that comment from Gabby?

Because if there's anything Laura needs, it's more existential stress.
    Screenshot_20210609-145611_Comics.jpg

New mutants 18. Sorry for size from phone

Given laura dosnet want to be as isolated as logan made himself, having a 500 year gap in memorys would be a problem for her. How she procdes with any form of a relationship with synch is probably worrying her to. I'd think she'd be worryed about hurting him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Screenshot_20210609-145611_Comics.jpg

New mutants 18. Sorry for size from phone

Given laura dosnet want to be as isolated as logan made himself, having a 500 year gap in memorys would be a problem for her. How she procdes with any form of a relationship with synch is probably worrying her to. I'd think she'd be worryed about hurting him.
    Why would she have a 500 year gap with anyone that matters? This version of Laura was not in a relationship with Sync, as she was simply reset back to the same place she was before she went in. At MOST she only loses a couple weeks because of the time between when she was backed up and when she was resurrected. If anything that she died and got rez'ed would just dovetail with the "Am I real/Do I have a soul" angst. Or you know, just the general knowledge she had DIED.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-09-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Wish we got to see some of Laura’s old teammates or at least Gabby in the announcement panel with her!

Why would she have a 500 year gap with anyone that matters? This version of Laura was not in a relationship with Sync, as she was simply reset back to the same place she was before she went in. At MOST she only loses a couple weeks because of the time between when she was backed up and when she was resurrected. If anything that she died and got rez'ed would just dovetail with the "Am I real/Do I have a soul" angst. Or you know, just the general knowledge she had DIED.
    Laura lost more thna a couple of weeks. She was gone for months

Amazing Member

We don't know if she learned about things that happend in the Vault and yeah knowing that you actually died during your mission and had to be resurrected could be a big problem for Laura. She is over her "I want to die" phase in life and actually knowing that you died might be hard for her.

Astonishing Member

Oh. Then maybe it was the fact gabby is the only one confirmed to care she was gone? Or that (given logan and daken didn't do anything) left gabby alone for months and died. She only came back because synch made it and its treating dying as a big deal regardless of ressurection

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Laura lost more thna a couple of weeks. She was gone for months
    Weeks or months, my point was that Laura doesn't have a "500 year gap" with her peers.

We don't know if she learned about things that happend in the Vault and yeah knowing that you actually died during your mission and had to be resurrected could be a big problem for Laura. She is over her "I want to die" phase in life and actually knowing that you died might be hard for her.
    Laura learning about the things that happened is all going to be second-hand and not going to be much different than reading about it in a history book. She didn't experience them herself, and there's a big difference between simply learning about something that happened and being part of it. So even if Sync DID tell her about things I can't see the reaction Gabby is talking about simply being from learning what happened.

So really, it's all pointing to more of an existential crisis rather than any sort of "I can't connect anymore" because of the 500 year memory gap with everyone (which she doesn't have in the first place).

Weeks or months, my point was that Laura doesn't have a "500 year gap" with her peers.

Laura learning about the things that happened is all going to be second-hand and not going to be much different than reading about it in a history book. She didn't experience them herself, and there's a big difference between simply learning about something that happened and being part of it. So even if Sync DID tell her about things I can't see the reaction Gabby is talking about simply being from learning what happened.

So really, it's all pointing to more of an existential crisis rather than any sort of "I can't connect anymore" because of the 500 year memory gap with everyone (which she doesn't have in the first place).
    Maybe to you but if I learned that I lost a year of my life that I have no recollection of, it would bother me, especially if Im around someone that has spent that significant amount of time around me and formed an opinion and has this whole history that Im unaware of. I dont think thats something that can easily be shaken off as if nots nothing. Compound that by several hundred years and it becomes a bigger issue. Just because Laura cant remember doesnt change the fact that it all happened. Knowing that it happened and she has no way to connect with that, is something that can and shouldnt be surprising to learn is problematic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe to you but if I learned that I lost a year of my life that I have no recollection of, it would bother me, especially if Im around someone that has spent that significant amount of time around me and formed an opinion and has this whole history that Im unaware of. I dont think thats something that can easily be shaken off as if nots nothing. Compound that by several hundred years and it becomes a bigger issue. Just because Laura cant remember doesnt change the fact that it all happened. Knowing that it happened and she has no way to connect with that, is something that can and shouldnt be surprising to learn is problematic.
    You're still dodging around the point of my original comment in response to Thirds.

You're still dodging around the point of my original comment in response to Thirds.
    No, I answered it