Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1797
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I hope this turns around by the time the Crisis event hits because thats as long as I give this tops otherwise.

I guess we better enjoy this while it lasts.
    That's next year. I would have hoped Adams stays until 800. Perhaps the Wally boat sailed a long time ago, let's not forget the last time he was the lead was more than a decade ago. And Barry has cemented himself as The Flash for a mainstream audience since then.
    Last edited by Maxi; 07-28-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Yeah, Didio being out doesn't mean Flash is out of the woods yet. It's going to take time for Wally to get back on track and even then it might be too late.

IMO, they need to start focusing on the Wally's relationship with this family; Linda, Irey and Jai. I would love to see more of the hypothetical future where Jai and Irey are grown and they are the main Flashes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, Didio being out doesn't mean Flash is out of the woods yet. It's going to take time for Wally to get back on track and even then it might be too late.

IMO, they need to start focusing on the Wally's relationship with this family; Linda, Irey and Jai. I would love to see more of the hypothetical future where Jai and Irey are grown and they are the main Flashes.
    The damage DiDio did to DC was bigger than any of us could have imagined.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    That's next year. I would have hoped Adams stays until 800. Perhaps the Wally boat sailed a long time ago, let's not forget the last time he was the lead was more than a decade ago. And Barry has cemented himself as The Flash for a mainstream audience since then.
    Enough of the defeatism already. It's clear that DC has changed its approach to the Flashverse. Wally is in the new comic based on JLU as well as another Justice League title. Comichron isn't the final word.

As for sales, these are for shops, yes? What about digital sales? I ask because I buy everything digital these days.

Calm down everyone.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 07-28-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Enough of the defeatism already. It's clear that DC has changed its approach to the Flashverse. Wally is in the new comic based on JLU as well as another Justice League title. Comichron isn't the final word.

As for sales, these are for shops, yes? What about digital sales? I ask because I buy everything digital these days.

Calm down everyone.
    I'm still hopeful.
    Adams first story has been SOLELY on getting Wally out of the **** piled him over the last decade.
    Now he's successfully completed that, let's see how he writes Wally proper.

Personally, I think is the best thing since sliced bread. I think he has been strong straight outta the gate and if given the time and latitude could build something that can stand beside both Waid or Johns' original runs.
    As an Aussie I also forget how dodgy the COVID situation still is in the US. Obviously there is going to be a substantial drop in walk-in customers. Hopefully the online sales mitigate this a bit.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Come on man, leave the overdramatic stuff to me. Just go to the Hal thread and witness just how annoying I can get sometimes which makes me wonder how folks over there have put up with me for all this time. I think Wally will be fine and the DC sales have been bad in general. Flash also did better than Action Comics, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. That should account for something. Marvel sales haven't been that great either with Iron Man out of the top 100 as well. Wally isn't doing that bad all things considered.
    Johnny, if I could give you a giant hug and a beer right now, I would

I love you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post

Calm down everyone.
    Yeah, I think sales are more complicated now than they used to be, for a variety of reasons.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm confused, where are these numbers coming from? Isn't DC now with a completely different distributor so how are their books being compared with everyone else? This also doesn't take into account digital sales, which must have increased during the pandemic. I, personally, read the Flash digitally now and I doubt I'm alone on this.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I'm confused, where are these numbers coming from? Isn't DC now with a completely different distributor so how are their books being compared with everyone else? This also doesn't take into account digital sales, which must have increased during the pandemic. I, personally, read the Flash digitally now and I doubt I'm alone on this.
    This is where I'm at. Are these numbers even reliable? Relative to where the rest of the line is at, it doesn't look as bad. I can't believe everything is truly this grim. Something is missing from this data being complete.

Hell. Maybe it's my connection to reality and these are accurate, but it seems wild. The book has been a blast, the most I've enjoyed Flash in over a decade, so if nothing else it's good to be reading the Scarlet Speedster again.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ultimate Member

I'm carefully hopeful.

I think that Wally enjoys better characterization and motivation than Barry, but one never knows which way synergy is gonna take things.

Wally needs some kind of Year One type story. Especially now that so much of Wally's achievements has been given to Barry like naming and defining the Speed Force.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wally needs some kind of Year One type story. Especially now that so much of Wally's achievements has been given to Barry like naming and defining the Speed Force.
    Williamson already restored original history. In his run Barry mentions that it was Wally who discovered the Speed Force.
    Also, Wally already has a Year One written by Waid, but I understand that some stories need to be retold every once and then.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm still hopeful.
    Adams first story has been SOLELY on getting Wally out of the **** piled him over the last decade.
    Now he's successfully completed that, let's see how he writes Wally proper.

Personally, I think is the best thing since sliced bread. I think he has been strong straight outta the gate and if given the time and latitude could build something that can stand beside both Waid or Johns' original runs.
    And even then, the first arc was magnificent. I also think it has the potential to be one of the greats but he needs to stay a considerable time.

Williamson already restored original history. In his run Barry mentions that it was Wally who discovered the Speed Force.
    Also, Wally already has a Year One written by Waid, but I understand that some stories need to be retold every once and then.
    Maybe we need a Jay Year One.

Yeah, I know. I just meant something that newer readers can pick up so they can understand the lore better. Like Batgirl: Year One was for Barbara Gordon.