Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Another fantastic issue. Love how Adams is integrating all the different aspects that made Wally the beloved character he is: The first arc channeled the cosmic, emotional, coming-of-age epics of Mark Waid, this is more on the quiet, slice of life everyman side of William Messner-Loebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Exactly. I loved it. Having most of the issue focus on Wally's personal life and especially having an every man struggle like finding a job is exactly what I loved about Wally's original run.

Also Adams has Wallys voice down perfectly. The laid back, slightly goofy, charasmatic Wally is Wally to a T. Not to bash Barry but its refreshing to read a Flash that is not constantly in angst or trying to figure things out with Iris. Wally has his family firmly established and is happy and content. The complete opposite of Rebirth Wally. Nice to have a down to earth smaller scale story after the epicness of the last one as well. A good balance.

Art was pretty good. Great to see Wally in his 90's digs as always. Curious what the sword flying to earth is. Its in the October solicits but no clue about it.

All in all Adams continues to knock it out of the park and has this as my top comic month after month.
    Agreed! This book is at the top of my to read pile every month, including on top of Immortal Hulk.....and that is saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Is anyone else as stoked as me to see that spoilers:
    Savitar
    end of spoilers is back??
    I am a MASSIVE fan of the character and was pretty ticked off at the way Geoff Johns handled him.
    I'm hoping he makes another appearance in the future to plague Wally again.
    OH FRICK YES!!!!! My favorite Flash story line of all time, can't wait to see what Adams has planned.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Why is Wally staying in Central city? He's a Keystone hero through and through. I miss the side cast in the Keystone City, so this is a bummer.

I also don't feel like art is suited for the light hearted tone of this book.

Besides those, I love it.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Terrific issue. A small-scale, straightforward Flash story that, like the best Wally West comics, is much more about character than endless action. Adams really has Wally's voice down pat, which is pretty uncommon, and the new status quo should prove interesting.

But yeah, why is he not in Keystone?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Why is Wally staying in Central city? He's a Keystone hero through and through. I miss the side cast in the Keystone City, so this is a bummer.

Barry's gone so someone has to look out for Central City -- and Jay is back so he might be taking up residence in Keystone. That said they're right next to each other so it's moot.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I had NO idea who Jeremy Adams was before he took over the Flash gig.
    I was concerned DC were giving us a Wally-centric story, only to screw us by giving it to a writer who had no idea who the character was and would approach it as a Barry clone gig.
    With that in mind, here is a small note to Mr. Adams - wherever he may be.

Mr. Adams - I am SO sorry I ever doubted you.
    Thank you for giving me the best Flash book I've read since a new bloke by the name of Geoff Johns took over the title.
    As a long suffering Wally West fan, I had been forced to watch as one of the most well established characters in the DCU was shunted into limbo.
    Worse was to come when he would be portrayed as a murderer.
    Now, all that is a reduced to a dull hurt as I have a recognisible Wally West back every month!
    I sincerely hope DC sees the effort and care you are taking on the book you remain writing for as long as your heart desires.
    Thank You for making me excited to read a Flash comic again.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I was concerned DC were giving us a Wally-centric story, only to screw us by giving it to a writer who had no idea who the character was and would approach it as a Barry clone gig.

Thank you for giving me the best Flash book I've read since a new bloke by the name of Geoff Johns took over the title.
    As a long suffering Wally West fan, I had been forced to watch as one of the most well established characters in the DCU was shunted into limbo.
    Now, all that is a reduced to a dull hurt as I have a recognisible Wally West back every month!
    I sincerely hope DC sees the effort and care you are taking on the book you remain writing for as long as your heart desires.
    It's a shame I cant like your post, x1000

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

The “Flash” is now strongly associated with Central City because of the TV show and upcoming movie, I’m guessing that’s why. They’re twin cities so it’s not the end of the world, but yeah I wish Wally spent more time in Keystone as well. Great issue overall though, hilarious that Heat Wave realizes he loves being a super villain and doing that is how he wants to go out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man, this has been a great couple of weeks to be a Wally fan. When the innitial arc was announced as dealing with Heroes In Crisis and Wally's retirement I was worried that at best we would be given a storyline that we would have to suffer through before getting to the good stuff. I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong as we were treated to a delightful and long overdue tour through the longspanning reaches of the Flash legacy, the surprise return of a certain character and most importantly a fun and engaging Wally story. I can easily see myself revisiting this one despite all the Heroes In Crisis elements that you would think it has going against it.

Todays issue felt SO good to read though. For the last decade we've been dealing with a Wally who is trying to regain his life and get back to where he was and now it feels like we're FINALLY back to where his life left off pre-flashpoint and we've finally started the next chapter for Wally. That alone feels like cause for celebration to me. The issue itself was great too. I didn't want Wally to land in a mechanic job again but I like how the issue plays with it as a logical job lead for him. Can't wait to see how he settles into his new role.

As you guys have all said Jeremy Adams is killing it. I honestly never thought we'd see Wally lead the Flash ongoing ever again and I couldn't be happier with how this run is playing out.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Well, this latest issue clinched it for me, Adams has clearly got a plan for Wally beyond simply erasing the stank of the last few years. Plus, the tone of the book is exactly what I've been looking for from Flash for years, but haven't got thanks to them leaning so heavily on the sad sack elements of Barry that never clicked for me. I also love how Mr. Terrific is being included into Wally's supporting cast.

I'm 100% on board for whatever this team has cooking.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Well, this latest issue clinched it for me, Adams has clearly got a plan for Wally beyond simply erasing the stank of the last few years. Plus, the tone of the book is exactly what I've been looking for from Flash for years, but haven't got thanks to them leaning so heavily on the sad sack elements of Barry that never clicked for me. I also love how Mr. Terrific is being included into Wally's supporting cast.

I'm 100% on board for whatever this team has cooking.
    I agree, even if I have to say that I would already be satisfied if the plan was only "erasing the stank of the last few years".
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I agree, even if I have to say that I would already be satisfied if the plan was only "erasing the stank of the last few years".
    Yeah, between this and Taylor & Renondo absolutely killing it on Nightwing, the post-Didio DCU has certainly course corrected in regards to those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Barry's gone so someone has to look out for Central City -- and Jay is back so he might be taking up residence in Keystone. That said they're right next to each other so it's moot.
    Maybe... but apparently JSA HQ is in Gotham, we saw Alan and Todd (Green Lantern and Obsidian) visit the place in Infinite Frontier (they were meant to meet Jade there, but she's apparently been captured). At least the commute shouldn't be an issue for a speedster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If you happen to be on Facebook he is a member in the, “Comic Geek Speak” Facebook group. I have thanked him on several occasions now and he seems like a cool down to earth dude.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Huge Wally West fan but I have not been reading the current run. How is it? Worth picking up? Really excited to have Wally back as the primary Flash.

How did they handle the Heroes in Crisis debacle? Have they retconned this or at least made Wally look better? How about Wally's family, Is he married again or single?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Huge Wally West fan but I have not been reading the current run. How is it? Worth picking up? Really excited to have Wally back as the primary Flash.

How did they handle the Heroes in Crisis debacle? Have they retconned this or at least made Wally look better? How about Wally's family, Is he married again or single?
    Do yourself a favor and READ IT! And then recommend it to fellow Wally fans. DC needs to know we love this direction and want it to continue for a long time.

HiC was handled fantastically, without retconning it from canon, not only it completely redeemed Wally but also used it to propel his character arc and gave us some really awesome emotional moments with Roy. Adams is a blessing. This arc felt like Wally West: Rebirth.