Page 107 of 120 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    In the AMA, Jeremy also alluded to having problems with the PR of the book, as much as he could considering his career would be affected. But there is definitely not a "push" from editorial as much as there should have been. Comparing this to my other fave book Nightwing, things are different like night and day.

IMHO they weren't sure there would be positive interest in this book. But as niche as it is, it's largely received good word of mouth and the sales are pretty up to standards. We'll see if DC is sticking with Wally once Infinite Frontier event concludes. All this book needs is relaunch and some advertisement, really. And it wouldn't hurt to get some A level artist on the book. I think Flash is a book where indie style artists would do a lot on, not the muscly house-style ones. I would prefer someone like Dan Mora over Pasarin in the art department.
    If it's Dan Mora I'm game, but I'm wary of an "indie style" unless it fits the character. Although Carmine kind of worked out during Rebirth better than I expected.

Crossovers are probably the best way to keep the title going. I'm kind of glad there is going to be a cross over with whatever is going with Jessica Cruz atm and JLD.

IMO, the lack of push might be because Wally isn't slated for any upcoming adaptation yet.

Nightwing is going to spin off Batgirls. There is a Batgirl movie coming and they need to set up Barbara again. Dick is on the Titans show and is basically the main character of YJ. Also, traditionally the Batbooks have always gotten more buzz than any other title at DC.

Nubia is rumored to be in WW3, it's her 80th anniversary this year and she finally has an editorial that is willing to give the character the push she deserves.

There is a second Aquaman movie and cartoon on the way and the creatives at DC have realized the potential in Jackson Hyde.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    775 preview: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...35&postcount=1

Why he is using the Flash Rebirth suit in the actual book and the 90s suit in the covers? It used to be the other way around.

What is happening?
    Preview looks great. Yeah it does seem like they switched. I dont mind. Although I do like Wallys classic 90s suit I really like his Flash Flash Rebirth one as well. Especially since it makes him.more distinct from Barry.

Adams did say that the Flash Rebirth suit was his favorite so maybe he got his way.

Wallys looking good in here in his Rebirth suit either way especially drawn by Pasarin.

On another note the January solicits were a disappointment as it was just a repeat of Decembers. Wonder if well ever get an actual solicit from January's issues now.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    there is going to be a cross over with whatever is going with Jessica Cruz atm and JLD.
    Wait what

Would love to be wrong but pretty sure the upside down man appearance in her special was just a cameo
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 10-17-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Preview looks great. Yeah it does seem like they switched. I dont mind. Although I do like Wallys classic 90s suit I really like his Flash Flash Rebirth one as well. Especially since it makes him.more distinct from Barry.

Adams did say that the Flash Rebirth suit was his favorite so maybe he got his way.

Wallys looking good in here in his Rebirth suit either way especially drawn by Pasarin.

On another note the January solicits were a disappointment as it was just a repeat of Decembers. Wonder if well ever get an actual solicit from January's issues now.
    I thought Adam’s meant he preferred Wallys 2016 Rebirth suit?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Crossovers are probably the best way to keep the title going. I'm kind of glad there is going to be a cross over with whatever is going with Jessica Cruz atm and JLD.

IMO, the lack of push might be because Wally isn't slated for any upcoming adaptation yet.
    If The Flash does well and they get sequels, I guess they could introduce Wally? I'm not sure how he'd work with Miller's Flash.
    There is a second Aquaman movie and cartoon on the way and the creatives at DC have realized the potential in Jackson Hyde.
    I think the rumor is Garth is going to show up in Aquaman 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

That surprises me (if it's the Rebirth suit I'm thinking of).

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I thought Adam’s meant he preferred Wallys 2016 Rebirth suit?
    Hhmm. Gotta double check but Im pretty sure in Adams Reddit AMA he said he prefers Flash Rebirth suit from 2009.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    Wait what

Would love to be wrong but pretty sure the upside down man appearance in her special was just a cameo
    I was thinking of her becoming a Yellow Lantern and her brief appearance in one of the Flash issues which seems to hint she is going to meet Wally at some point in the current run. Flash crossing over with JLD is a separate thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If The Flash does well and they get sequels, I guess they could introduce Wally? I'm not sure how he'd work with Miller's Flash.
    We'll have to wait and see what happens in the movie first before figuring out where he is going to go next.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

So, I'm thinking we'll have Wally headlining till #800?
    That gives DC two years to wrap up their Infinite Frontier stuff and reinstall Barry as the lead in Flash.
    I'm hoping by then they will be confident enough to give us the second Flash title- highlighting Wally and the rest of the Flash Family.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    That gives DC two years to wrap up their Infinite Frontier stuff and reinstall Barry as the lead in Flash.
    I'm hoping by then they will be confident enough to give us the second Flash title- highlighting Wally and the rest of the Flash Family.
    A world where we get a book for Barry and a book for Wally is my dream come true, but whenever this ends (and all good things do), I just want to enjoy the ride and each issue has been a blast. I forgot how much I loved reading Flash monthly.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    A world where we get a book for Barry and a book for Wally is my dream come true, but whenever this ends (and all good things do), I just want to enjoy the ride and each issue has been a blast. I forgot how much I loved reading Flash monthly.
    Right??
    For the first time in a decade I'm actually excited to read the next issue.
    God I've missed reading Wally West Flash.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

That would be cool .

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

They have to make up for the ground they lost over the past decade. DC did nothing to build up the Flash brand in the comics despite the CW show. Aside from building up Barry, what did they do? It took forever for most of the speedster characters to come back.

There is, as others have noted, no second Flash book. There are no YA titles featuring the characters except for Flash Facts. There is no Flash counterpart of Jo Mullein or Far Sector. How about anthologies? The Festival of Heroes was a tribute to Asian heroes. Flash has several interesting Asian characters. Aside from a pinup with Irey and Jay, none appeared. They didn't even get bios in the back. Where's Avery Ho, for example?

It's as if the company willfully ignored the franchise.

Right??
    For the first time in a decade I'm actually excited to read the next issue.
    God I've missed reading Wally West Flash.
    Yeah it is a really great feeling. Can't wait to wake up and read the next issue tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    They have to make up for the ground they lost over the past decade. DC did nothing to build up the Flash brand in the comics despite the CW show. Aside from building up Barry, what did they do? It took forever for most of the speedster characters to come back.

There is, as others have noted, no second Flash book. There are no YA titles featuring the characters except for Flash Facts. There is no Flash counterpart of Jo Mullein or Far Sector. How about anthologies? The Festival of Heroes was a tribute to Asian heroes. Flash has several interesting Asian characters. Aside from a pinup with Irey and Jay, none appeared. They didn't even get bios in the back. Where's Avery Ho, for example?

It's as if the company willfully ignored the franchise.
    Yeah, I agree. Linda has to be among one of the longest running Asian American characters in DC comics. She and her kids should have gotten a feature in the 'Festival of Heroes'. Though was the Festival story in the works when Didio was in charge and Wally was still in the past?

I think right now they are just testing the waters for how well a Flash book with Wally back in the lead can sell. Jeremy has emphasized just how important sales are to the book.

Personally, I think Wally needs to be on another team. Maybe a Titans reunion or a guest appearance in Nightwing or one of the Wonder Woman books (since he has some history there especially with Donna).