Page 108 of 120 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    They have to make up for the ground they lost over the past decade. DC did nothing to build up the Flash brand in the comics despite the CW show. Aside from building up Barry, what did they do? It took forever for most of the speedster characters to come back.

There is, as others have noted, no second Flash book. There are no YA titles featuring the characters except for Flash Facts. There is no Flash counterpart of Jo Mullein or Far Sector. How about anthologies? The Festival of Heroes was a tribute to Asian heroes. Flash has several interesting Asian characters. Aside from a pinup with Irey and Jay, none appeared. They didn't even get bios in the back. Where's Avery Ho, for example?

It's as if the company willfully ignored the franchise.
    Well, I think Williamson added some stuff (we can debate the quality of it, but it was there) to the mythos and it wasn't all just Barry in my opinion.

The best way to use the franchise better is to accept it's legacy roots and drop the idea of turning Barry into Peter Parker. Flash could use a lot from an Avatar like animated series starring Wally West and the rest of Flash family. As the seasons would go further, you would add Barry, Irey and Jay.

Invincible is quite the proof that legacy heroes work as headliners. What DC is trying to do with Barry in other media is tired and done to death. Let's have a show where Wally tries to fill in the boots, prove himself to Justice League and the like. A Return of Barry Allen arc done in an animated show would be incredible.

It sounds like Adams has long-term plans with Wally and forcing him to stop at 800 would be unsatisfying. Now that we have a choice between Barry and Wally you'd think the ideal situation would be a writer being able to use whichever one they want instead of being forced to switch due to some arbitrary number. This goes both ways though. If a writer has a good Barry run in mind then they should be able to use him as much as they need and the same applies with Wally. I hope Barry still plays a supporting role when he's back from wherever he is but there is no need to bring him back full-time so soon.

Of course, the ideal would be both of them having their own ongoing books.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    The best way to use the franchise better is to accept it's legacy roots and drop the idea of turning Barry into Peter Parker. Flash could use a lot from an Avatar like animated series starring Wally West and the rest of Flash family. As the seasons would go further, you would add Barry, Irey and Jay.

Invincible is quite the proof that legacy heroes work as headliners. What DC is trying to do with Barry in other media is tired and done to death. Let's have a show where Wally tries to fill in the boots, prove himself to Justice League and the like. A Return of Barry Allen arc done in an animated show would be incredible.
    This sounds like an absolute dream come true.
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 10-18-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Aside from Batman taking over the Flash movie, I haven't gotten that sense in a while.

Yeah, this.

This would be a dream come true.

Though Barry does have some proto-Peter Parker aspects to his character which I don't mind getting played but he should be a lot more serious and introverted compared to Spider-Man.

At any rate, having Wally trying to pick up after Barry would be infinitely better than trying to force Peter Parker into an Iron Man legacy and more impactful than Scott Lang filling in for Pym.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

The best way to use the franchise better is to accept it's legacy roots and drop the idea of turning Barry into Peter Parker. Flash could use a lot from an Avatar like animated series starring Wally West and the rest of Flash family.
    I always thought that they were trying to turn Barry into Bruce Wayne--an angry, brooding loner. Of course, Bruce Wayne isn't a loner and he isn't always angry or brooding.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I always thought that they were trying to turn Barry into Bruce Wayne--an angry, brooding loner. Of course, Bruce Wayne isn't a loner and he isn't always angry or brooding.
    Don’t remember Barry being very angry. Moping over his dead mom though that’s something that happened a lot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t remember Barry being very angry. Moping over his dead mom though that’s something that happened a lot.
    I remember during the Grodd arc he got really angry and frustrated when he didn't have his powers but I think that was partially Thawne messing with him.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wally has a brief but pretty cool surprise appearance in todays Superman Son of Kal el.

He shows up in his Flash Rebirth suit as part of the JL and has a nice personal moment with Jon.

Nice to see Wally in that suit and part of the JL again.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wally has a brief but pretty cool surprise appearance in todays Superman Son of Kal el.

He shows up in his Flash Rebirth suit as part of the JL and has a nice personal moment with Jon.

Nice to see Wally in that suit and part of the JL again.
    I came here to say exactly this.
    Looks like his Flash Rebirth suit is his suit going forward.

Today's issue of Flash was great too.
    Some jokes didn't land much, but overall this issue was great.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I guess the nose guard is going to be how DC distinguishes Wally from Barry from now on. Works for me. It's a cool look and retains the sleek design of Infantino's original.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Im happy with this as well. Its a good thing to see todays Flash issue and see his appearnace in Superman sok and know auotamiatally its Wally.

Based on what i skimmed through in todays Flash issue you can tell clearly from Wallys dialouge as well. Definitely a good thing. (Props to Adams for that.)
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I guess the nose guard is going to be how DC distinguishes Wally from Barry from now on. Works for me. It's a cool look and retains the sleek design of Infantino's original.
    The lack of stupid lighting and piping already makes it a sleeker, more appealing design.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Is it just me or does this Flash run just keep getting better and better with every issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The lack of stupid lighting and piping already makes it a sleeker, more appealing design.
    Just compare the TV suit to the movie suit.